Can memory cards be checked in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned abt this too... worry about camera body being required to check in, along with lens, cards, etc. :(

OT a bit: And, I do not have a heavy duty camera bag that can withstand airline check ins.

Yes, can check in the luggage.
No, the Xray will not destroy the electornic images stored in the cards.
I have done so many times in the past. No issue.

born_slippy said:
I used to check in my entire desktop tower casing(being a student) travelling between Australia and Singapore....seems fine :sweat:

Hello Perth student~
let's play!

Memory card can take quite a knock as they are solid state and is fine with X-rays.

As for the current high alert situation in UK, I think there can be no more hand-carry bags onto airlines destined for UK for a while. Which means, one must place his camera into the check-in luggage. Will it survive the baggage handlers tossing? I have no idea.....:think:

quekky said:
better buy insurance... :sweat:

Insurance is pointless if you have an important shoot to get to the day you land. :(

fw007 said:
nope...someone posted a reply which was then promptly deleted...

basically my question is...will memory cards be damaged (by the x-ray scanners, which supposedly use much stronger x-rays than those for hand-carry baggage) if you check them in

Maybe that was my message. I am not sure.
If so, then I have no idea why it was deleted.
No controversial statements at all.
Maybe double 7 ghost month.

Or it may be another member's angry message containing not printable language in a rant against the terrorists; or something quite racial or anti-some-religion.

Basically I just said that I confirm that memory cards put into luggage that is checked in and scanned by the heavy duty xray scanner at the airport. It has not damaged my images already stored in my memory cards.
I have done so many times already and there is no damage.

I used to hand carry my camera into the cabin. As it might be damaged by rough handling if put into luggage.
I cannot do so anymore. Alamak! no more photos of pretty stewardesses on the plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.