Calling Bowlers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but Orchard was like 'atas' man. Lots of show-offs there.

I remeber TenPin was where the se bei cheena ah longs used to chill, so you guessed it - it became an ah long gambling center! I fondly remember nights when big towkays used to bowl. Tens of thiusands changed hands on nights like those, with the air so thick with smoke, you wondered how the people even could see the pins! But the action! Man-o-man! :sweat::sweatsm::lovegrin:

ya they pissed me off good alot of times in those days when I bowl alot with my g/f. They would keep betting and you could heard the bets going for my g/f or me or our friends... so how we got rid of them... we purposely throw some of the game throws. We heard more bets to get a second strike, I throw a gutter ball..the it was someone else till they got so fed up they move off to other players heheheh....

Oh I remember I bought my first "weapon" heh the HAMMER which was a steel wrist/hand guard just to get me abit more spin power on my throw. I drill finger tip position holes for throwing. What you guys use? Second knuckles hole position or finger tip..etc?

Only one I should think. Use to be pretty friend with the counter manager...wah can't recall his name now...got that "curly pop" hair style... was it Jack, Henry or something heheh... can't recall liao

That neighborhood was the hey day of Malay movies..all the roads have those nice malay names.

I remembere that funny rotating belt machine that was suppoosed to help you keep slim or get a more hour-glass tummy near the entrance to the toilet, and the top half only panelled glass panels along the skimpy cafe...and the rows and rows of cafe seats, which later became an electronic amusement arcade.

Man, Jackies was THE only place that had beefy tasting beef burgers, and stuff like mustard and relish for their hot-dogs!!!!!

Oh yeah, who can forget the 'island' layout of the counter with the little stairs!

WAH JoHo!

You getting one of those funny balls that curves like crazy and you need a 'Terminator' arm guard ah?

I've seen bowlers with lesser control. Miss the pocket by a mile, and can never spare with those balls that roll funny.

But the goot part is, since slow old balls gather less oil (to pun a phrase), you can get some of the old 'legends' like AMF Angle and lots of other Bruinswicks etc for a song at Cash Converters now.

Mabbie we should all go get $10 balls from Cash Converter and start an OLD BALLS CLUB! :bsmilie:

actually depends on the lane... i was at yishun safra on a veryyyyyyyyy quiet week day and the ball doesn't move. and on a busy night at hougang it was hooking even when i was dropping my wrist (too shack that day, arm sore), lanes very dry i suppose..

i dun like to use a guard... but i might have to in the beginning when my arm isn't used to the stress yet.... :dunno: haven't bought one yet tho.

I remembere that funny rotating belt machine that was suppoosed to help you keep slim or get a more hour-glass tummy near the entrance to the toilet, and the top half only panelled glass panels along the skimpy cafe...and the rows and rows of cafe seats, which later became an electronic amusement arcade.

Man, Jackies was THE only place that had beefy tasting beef burgers, and stuff like mustard and relish for their hot-dogs!!!!!

Oh yeah, who can forget the 'island' layout of the counter with the little stairs!

Wahsey....the memories are coming back!!! heheheh..... The hot dogs for me...since I don't eat beef hahahahah.....

Yeah, but in the old days, with smoking allowed, and the beer, I dunno. It was like ELECTRIFIED man!

Modern alleys all got no more of that really authentic 'back room' gambling den ambiance. :cry:

ya for sure... now the ashtrays are at least 5m from the door.... :bsmilie:

the best experience i had in 'the old days', is scoring for my parents using the projector and chinagraph pencil. i was 8 when i started scoring for my parents' league team....

actually depends on the lane... i was at yishun safra on a veryyyyyyyyy quiet week day and the ball doesn't move. and on a busy night at hougang it was hooking even when i was dropping my wrist (too shack that day, arm sore), lanes very dry i suppose..

i dun like to use a guard... but i might have to in the beginning when my arm isn't used to the stress yet.... :dunno: haven't bought one yet tho.

Oh well, the wonders of technology.

I used to watch the training drills of the sports athletes, as well as the self-imposed drills of the hard-core gamblers.

It's just not the same ... the modern reactives as compared to hours upon hours of four-srep, first arrow delivery with 3/4 back-end traditional hooking action into the pocket.

I guess those days and delivery techniques are long gone now.

used to draw a house over 111, and wat else ar? the spare slash would jut out on the top right corner and the whole sheet just looked like ART! :bsmilie:

Har..I just recalled playing a few times I think it was in Orchard...it was those crazy NEON lightning bowling alley....so damn creepy to bowl..but by that time...already gave it up heheh...

I still have my scar though...middle finger has a thick cartiage still and finger tip still twisted slightly from all that spining heheh..

Hi all.

I am working at the bowling alley at SPGG. I am a member there as well (Student converted to Ordinary). I am bowling in the league there on Wednesdays' night.

If you guys want a game or two, let me know and see if I can arrange something. :)

Longkang cleaner can or not. :embrass:

Oh well, the wonders of technology.

I used to watch the training drills of the sports athletes, as well as the self-imposed drills of the hard-core gamblers.

It's just not the same ... the modern reactives as compared to hours upon hours of four-srep, first arrow delivery with 3/4 back-end traditional hooking action into the pocket.

I guess those days and delivery techniques are long gone now.

i think alot of pple bowl to look good.. but well anything that makes us happy lar.

photographer also can look stylo when he shoot. i like the way joe buissink prowls his "prey" when he shoots weddings... :bsmilie:

Wahsey....the memories are coming back!!! heheheh..... The hot dogs for me...since I don't eat beef hahahahah.....

Remember the crappy carpet, and the way it suddenly ended at the entrance to the toilets/locker area? A lot of people almost trpiied there IIRC, and the ultra slim 'office' which was just wood panelling from the toilet entrance till the glass door (the one facing Siglap and the CK Studios side)?

Somehow, I can't remember where the children's moving rides were. I do remember there were two entrances though, and the one facing towards EC Rd was a bit 'elevated' with these skinny metal rails and the old fashioned (then modern) two panels of wood running along the entire length of the metal rails.

Hi all.

I am working at the bowling alley at SPGG. I am a member there as well (Student converted to Ordinary). I am bowling in the league there on Wednesdays' night.

If you guys want a game or two, let me know and see if I can arrange something. :)

aiseh, real bowler!!! :)

er.. wat is spgg... :embrass:

used to draw a house over 111, and wat else ar? the spare slash would jut out on the top right corner and the whole sheet just looked like ART! :bsmilie:

I think we tried all ways to 'decorate' those little boxes in any way we could! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Singapore Polytechnic Graduates Guild

Hi Ryan,

So the SG Poly has lanes insode the campus?

What sort of arrangements can you muster?

I think we tried all ways to 'decorate' those little boxes in any way we could! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ya but serious i really miss that. now i dunno wat to do in between frames... just sit there and check out the chick next lane.. that's so lame. lucky i still single. :bsmilie:

Remember the crappy carpet, and the way it suddenly ended at the entrance to the toilets/locker area? A lot of people almost trpiied there IIRC, and the ultra slim 'office' which was just wood panelling from the toilet entrance till the glass door (the one facing Siglap and the CK Studios side)?

Somehow, I can't remember where the children's moving rides were. I do remember there were two entrances though, and the one facing towards EC Rd was a bit 'elevated' with these skinny metal rails and the old fashioned (then modern) two panels of wood running along the entire length of the metal rails.

Wah your memory even more solid then me!!!! hahahaah.... I don't even notice most of those stuff and I bowl there day and night time for about two years !!

Status
Not open for further replies.