Calling all Profoto Users

Profoto's new compact light is going to be launched in 2 weeks time !
Stay tuned here for it .
The new Flower from Sweden will intro it to a select group soon .

Meanwhile , catch the Creative light sale at SLR Revolution !
Big 4x 6 foot softboxes going cheap with the softgrids !

The new B1 is Launched ! And its really something exciting in lighting . How typical of Profoto .

Those of us who tested the B1 when it was in town , found the TTL works well with 7D , Mk 11 and Mk 111 , not so with 1DX .

Shriro's PreLaunch Offer :
Book now with any of local dealers and pay only $2600 nett for B1 , bat , charger , bag .
Should come in January 2014.
Earlier people who booked are already looking at pre Christmas delivery .

B1 Dual Travel kit :
This is 2 x B1 , 3 x bat , 2 x charger and a Flight roller bag ( Kata flyby75 ) - Preorder price - $ 5500 nett ( normally $ 6500)

Order from the Dealers :-
SLR Revolution , Studio Outfitters and Fotografix marketing .

This is the hottest thing in studio lighting equipment since the flash tube .
Late to order , later to get . . .

In the market for a softbox for the Profoto D1, and was attracted to the RFi Octa 3 feet softbox.

Does anyone knows if the softbox comes with the Profoto speedring, or are speedrings separate purchases for the softboxes?

In the market for a softbox for the Profoto D1, and was attracted to the RFi Octa 3 feet softbox. Does anyone knows if the softbox comes with the Profoto speedring, or are speedrings separate purchases for the softboxes?

Profoto softboxes doesn't comes with speedring, need to purchase it separately.
If I remember correctly most branded lights softbox, the ring is not in the bundle mostly as they expect users to buy more than one softboxes for different applications thus having extra speedrings when purchased with bundles is not useful.

Thanks! I thought it strange, when I ask SLR about the Octa's, and they quoted over the phone that the softboxes comes with the speedrings for Profoto strobes.

Profoto softboxes doesn't comes with speedring, need to purchase it separately.
If I remember correctly most branded lights softbox, the ring is not in the bundle mostly as they expect users to buy more than one softboxes for different applications thus having extra speedrings when purchased with bundles is not useful.

B1 Dual Travel kit : This is 2 x B1 , 3 x bat , 2 x charger and a Flight roller bag ( Kata flyby75 ) - Preorder price - $ 5500 nett ( normally $ 6500) Order from the Dealers :- SLR Revolution , Studio Outfitters and Fotografix marketing . This is the hottest thing in studio lighting equipment since the flash tube . Late to order , later to get . . .

Anyone knows when they will be available? Seems to take a pretty long time to arrive compared to other markets.

Anyone knows when they will be available? Seems to take a pretty long time to arrive compared to other markets.

Checked SLRR today and the lights are available. Trigger is not.

Currently using a pair of B1s and the Air TTLC remote. Definitely worth the money for its compact size and ease of use.

Currently using a pair of B1s and the Air TTLC remote. Definitely worth the money for its compact size and ease of use.

Are you using with the Profoto modifiers?

Last edited:
Cannon users might want to check on reviews on the TTL for B1, I glance over some report that seems to indicate that the TTL function is not stable. That is if you do not want to learn how to control the light but must depend on a cpu to handle it for you.

Cannon users might want to check on reviews on the TTL for B1, I glance over some report that seems to indicate that the TTL function is not stable. That is if you do not want to learn how to control the light but must depend on a cpu to handle it for you.
Am using 1DX and the firmware was poorly QA'ed and it got quickly withdrawn. Have to wait till the end of the month for the re-release.

Last edited:
Just updated A6 firmware with compatibility for the Canon EOS-1D X, EOS-1Ds MK III and EOS M. Trust the QA to be better. Will test over the holiday.

14046438222_7d5809e4f5_o.jpg

Last edited:
I shot with the B1and the EOS-1D X on manual mode, and used shutter speeds above the 1/250 sync speed in TTL. No issues with black lines. I thought HSS would only be available end 2014.

Check your actual shutter speed from exif? When i tested the demo unit using 5d mk iii, I dialed past the sync speed but at the moment you press the shutter button the speed went down to 1/250.

Check your actual shutter speed from exif? When i tested the demo unit using 5d mk iii, I dialed past the sync speed but at the moment you press the shutter button the speed went down to 1/250.

Checked again. You are right. It will default back to 1/250.

Nikon TTL remote should be coming soon !
Saw some people doing beta testing .