Calibration

Sol81

Aug 4, 2009
I recently calibrated my new notebook using spyder express.
The calibrated screen seems to be rather warm.
Our normal notebook screen typically is cooler then normal hence calibration will make it warmer... but somehow the calibrated screen seems warmer then anticipated.

Is this ok?

can redo the calibration, if result still the same, then it will be correct.

you can reconfirm by sending images for print, the prints will turn out a bit darker at most, but colours should be quite accurate if your calibration is successful.

with a good lab, of course.

I recently calibrated my new notebook using spyder express.
The calibrated screen seems to be rather warm.
Our normal notebook screen typically is cooler then normal hence calibration will make it warmer... but somehow the calibrated screen seems warmer then anticipated.

Is this ok?
Actually, working in creative industry, most people are surprised how much “warmer” is their calibrated displays over non-calibrated displays. You are correct in saying that normal notebook screens are generally cooler.

"with a good lab, of course".[/QUOTE]

Can you recommend a good lab, please?

Download the 14 days fully functional basICColor Display calibration software to double check if your spyder hardware is working properly. basICColor software is similar to spyder's datacolor, it can calibrate and built a monitor ICC profile, in addition, it also validate/analyse/report the result of calibrated ICC profile. show us the validation screen shot, like this:

U2311HbasICColor88-87-100B12-C75D65.jpg

Last edited:
I went to this site to check my calibration

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ARTS/MONCAL/CALIBRATE.HTM

i think my monitor before calibration differentiates the different black (5 7 9 11) and white (251, 252, 253, 254) tones better.
Hmm, I use the Spyder3 Express and everything checks out except the Gamma. From a distance, the block is not one solid grey colour, there is quite a difference.

what colour temp did you profile you monitor to?

a good site to check you monitor profile except for colour temp... can't really check colour temp and accuracy without an external, independent, colour reference...