Blessing

jk1881

Feb 9, 2010
5762110266_f5d91fb32c.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
looking for the most natural moment

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
i am very bad taking event photo so i took the courage to shoot this during one event and want to try more and experience the setting of event shots

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
its taken at 9pm under a canvas and its a vesak day event in Punggol

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
hope to hear more comments and how to improve this photo

thank you everyone!

Last edited:
Hello jk1881,

Thank you for sharing with us your shot.
Allow me to share what I feel about your work.
  • I really like the expression on that young little girls face and the way she holds the candle (jug or glass).
  • and I do think that what you are trying to achieve is to make her the central subject of the photo.
  • However, the other perfomer who is out of focused in the foreground acts a quite a bit of distraction and I feel that it would be better to leave her out of the picture. You can either crop her out, making this picture a squarish one, or take a couple of steps to your right and re-shoot. But of course, if you do that, you may have lost the moment.
  • The vertical of the picture is a little slanted. It may be good to verticalise the photo.

These are just but my humble opinion.

thanks for the comment

bro can u help me to edit it?
i not very good at ps

Hi jk1881,

Thank you for sharing your shot! I have cropped your image and wondering whether could it be what limwhow meant?

5780395068_4ac1dbf7a0.jpg

Hi jk1881,

Thank you for sharing your shot! I have cropped your image and wondering whether could it be what limwhow meant?

5780395068_4ac1dbf7a0.jpg

Yes, something like that.
But because the original shot was obstructed (and distracted, in my humble opinion) by the other dancer in front, thus it is really not easy to crop it.
Thank you very much.

You are most welcome and thank you for your tips too :)

thank you everyone!