Big Walk 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
engineermunn said:
I just saw the new route.....

Correct me if I'm wrong: The new route is within the Circle Line and KPE tunneling projects. Wasn't there some cracks discovered at the cricket oval (near the route)?

Would the ground be safe to withstand a massive continuous human load?

I wonder if LTA has actually looked into the new route and if they've done "checks" on ground stability?

Let's see: assume 75,000 walkers, each having an average mass of 65kg, and over a period of 3 hours.

That's like 75k * 65 = approx 5 million kilograms or 5000 tonnes! pounding on the ground!

Hi engineermunn, Base on your calculation, 5000 tonnes pounding on the ground are stretch over a big/long land mass, they dont concentrate on just a small area, so u need not worry lah. :bsmilie:

Hi fellow club-snappers, I will like to share with you all a few of my novice pictures.

Picture_2.jpg

Picture_1.jpg

1km.jpg

2km.jpg

3km.jpg

4km.jpg

Water1.jpg

Water2.jpg

Finish.jpg

#8..can't be helped. haiz..its not easy to clear up so much trash

skyline_impreza said:
Hi fellow club-snappers, I will like to share with you all a few of my novice pictures.

HI Sky, thanks for sharing these photos, it is kind of photojournalist's experience. :thumbsup:
Dont mind I share and comment a little. :D

I like #2 as it captured the BIG Walk spirit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The only thing is the bright overexpose at the end.. otherwise this is really nice
Picture_1.jpg

Closer and ignore the upper portion can make this a good photos
Water1.jpg

I like this coz it records some very common but unnoticed happenings Street Just be aware of distracting items ( e.g. trees at bg) and go closer or zoom the subject could really excel the presentation

Water2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.