Best way to get rid of geckos in your appt/house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for your info I am a staunch buddhist and I have never killed any pests. We have been taught how to invite them to leave. And why should I shut my mouth? It is my mouth and my right to talk as I like... it is when u know u are wrong hence u ask others who point out your faults to shut up. And no I dont read Xiaxue's blog, I just heard from others who said to me in digust how her digusting remarks not unlike yours are so cruel that it has spreaded to non readers. Examples. Slamming a door on a gecko and watching it writhe and die and remarking how good that felt.

Not unlike you. We should just shoot people like you. It is your sick attitude that makes the environment sick. And how are geckos a pest?? A pest because you dont like it?

You? Staunch buddhist? And saying "we should just shoot people like you" in the next sentence? Staunch hypocrite more like it. Please shut up before you embarass yourself further :bsmilie:

I'm insane? Well you can kiss my @ss. Until the gecko is able to pay rental for my property, it does NOT have the same right as me to be 'here' (wherever 'here' is to you).

Don't like it? Go eat some mosquitos and make yourself useful... shoooo!

Hey bro, relax. I'm not an animal rights activist/buddhist or anything, but just because we pay paper money (which is meaningless to an animal/insect/reptile) for our property doesn't mean nature has no right to coexist. Sure, its the survival of the fittest, and man as the strongest species can protect your property. But lets not forget that these organisms are important to our comfort and survival. E.g. no gecko=overrun with insects; no flies=no maggots=a lot of rotting flesh around.

You have your right to deal with the gecko whichever way you want, but i think its rather selfish to be thinking along the lines of your comment.

I noticed that most ladies are really affraid of geckos than men do. Why ah? Off topic again.:confused:

Hey bro, relax. I'm not an animal rights activist/buddhist or anything, but just because we pay paper money (which is meaningless to an animal/insect/reptile) for our property doesn't mean nature has no right to coexist. Sure, its the survival of the fittest, and man as the strongest species can protect your property. But lets not forget that these organisms are important to our comfort and survival. E.g. no gecko=overrun with insects; no flies=no maggots=a lot of rotting flesh around.

You have your right to deal with the gecko whichever way you want, but i think its rather selfish to be thinking along the lines of your comment.

Hi allsmilez,

If you must know, my comment on it paying rental was intended to be a half tongue-in-cheek, half pissed-off response. I asked if there was a more humane manner to get rid of them, and while some people here gave some great suggestions, other [apparently] gecko-loving, self-declared buddhists / nazis or whatever else crawling out of the woodwork these days choose to call me insane, and to even want to end my existance.. while at the same time claiming to be able to "invite" geckos to leave the home. Sorry, but I think I missed the module on Gecko-speak in University :bsmilie:

I appreciate your well thought-out, well written response. I guess some of us here need to take a course in Diplomacy 101 (me included) :)

I noticed that most ladies are really affraid of geckos than men do. Why ah? Off topic again.:confused:

The same way I noticed that most men are afraid of roaches compared to ladies? I once saw this macho-looking 6ft+ guy with bulging biceps squeal like a girl when a roach landed on his arm when he was having dinner at a coffee shop. He was in almost a panice state trying to brush it off his arm while standing up and overturning his noodle bowl :bsmilie:

The same way I noticed that most men are afraid of roaches compared to ladies? I once saw this macho-looking 6ft+ guy with bulging biceps squeal like a girl when a roach landed on his arm when he was having dinner at a coffee shop. He was in almost a panice state trying to brush it off his arm while standing up and overturning his noodle bowl :bsmilie:

So, are you more afraid of geckos or roaches? Or you just dislike them being in sight?

I guess the big guy knows the synoromous tone between roaches and baterium infections. Even elephants sweep it's turnk at rodents and any small pesky creatures that has potential to commit kamakazie (mutual suicide).

Roaches kill, Gekos don't. A roache in a bowl of noodle is the same as a bowl of noodle toppled.

Geko rox...!

:bsmilie:

Chee Chak in bathroom I still continue bathing...

Cockroach in bathroom I would be running out naked into the living room...

Chee Chak in bathroom I still continue bathing...

Cockroach in bathroom I would be running out naked into the living room...

:sweatsm:

i will rather catch gecko. cockroach got this horribly sick smell that i cannot tahan. so that one use insecticide :p

I'm insane? Well you can kiss my @ss. Until the gecko is able to pay rental for my property, it does NOT have the same right as me to be 'here' (wherever 'here' is to you).

Don't like it? Go eat some mosquitos and make yourself useful... shoooo!

you'd better hope that reincarnation is just imaginary.

:sweatsm:

i will rather catch gecko. cockroach got this horribly sick smell that i cannot tahan. so that one use insecticide :p
Dat's 'roach perfume' for u. :confused:

Somehow, my whole family dun seem to encounter roaches in the house dat much, except me. So out comes the insecticide and guess who have to catch them by the feelers and toss their inverted bodies outta the house?

Anyway, tried a Vegas Roach Trap. Doesn't seem to work though, no roaches fell for it. :(

Do hope geckos eat roaches at the very least to make themselves useful. Sigh... :(

Oh for your info I am a staunch buddhist and I have never killed any pests. We have been taught how to invite them to leave. And why should I shut my mouth? It is my mouth and my right to talk as I like... it is when u know u are wrong hence u ask others who point out your faults to shut up. And no I dont read Xiaxue's blog, I just heard from others who said to me in digust how her digusting remarks not unlike yours are so cruel that it has spreaded to non readers. Examples. Slamming a door on a gecko and watching it writhe and die and remarking how good that felt.

Not unlike you. We should just shoot people like you. It is your sick attitude that makes the environment sick. And how are geckos a pest?? A pest because you dont like it?

pest /pɛst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pest] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an annoying or troublesome person, animal, or thing; nuisance.
2. an insect or other small animal that harms or destroys garden plants, trees, etc.
3. a deadly epidemic disease, esp. a plague; pestilence.

So yes, any creature that you don't want or need is in fact a pest.

haha...heng hah...i am not afraid of roaches...:cool:

i have an interesting anecdote to share with everyone regarding my mother-in-law's personal "defence" against geckos. she sleeps on the lower deck of a double decker bed and refuses to change to another bed cos the "roof" (i.e. upper deck platform) is able to shield her from any geckos falling from the ceiling into her mouth! haha...

i have an interesting anecdote to share with everyone regarding my mother-in-law's personal "defence" against geckos. she sleeps on the lower deck of a double decker bed and refuses to change to another bed cos the "roof" (i.e. upper deck platform) is able to shield her from any geckos falling from the ceiling into her mouth! haha...

What if the lizard crawls to the bottom of the top deck? :bigeyes:

See? My theory is right.. women are less afraid of roaches than men! :bsmilie:

you are right ...!

Me and My Mom (The only Ladies in our household) will be chasing the roaches with our weapons (the newspapers roll), and guess where's my dad? ..He will frantically jump onto our sofa set and stayed there until me and my mom caught the roaches. He will only come down when the roaches are taken away...
hahaha...Me and my Mom will then let our sequels of laughters...
it is still the same after all these years...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.