Best way to get rid of geckos in your appt/house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Everytime come home see some **** here and there, floor, kitchen counter... I'm fed up.

Saw one just now, big one and couldn't think of how to do it. So I boiled some water and threw at him... wasn't pleasant as it was in its death throes as it was being cooked to death..:( Any other method to do it ah which is more 'humane'? Think got another baby one running around also :think:

Clown

Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
Singapore
dun have more humane method. most people use glue traps.
my grandfather used small ballbearings and a long copper blowpipe.

Spectrum

Jun 22, 2003
Here
Visit site
dun have more humane method. most people use glue traps.
my grandfather used small ballbearings and a long copper blowpipe.
You've got a awesome grand-dad dude. Hope my grand-dad can do that too.;p

Ramius75

Nov 21, 2005
keep cats in ur house. soon u wont see geckos, cockroaches, spiders anything.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
theres one in my room .. makes some funny noise when i switched off the lights
then sleep with me sometimes and s**t on my bed
:bsmilie:

sykestang

Jan 18, 2003
studiospace
sykestang.clubsnap.org
You can call pest control... they will come and put some poison smoke in all the rooms with your windows closed. Leave your house for 3days shutoff. Go for a short trip maybe... then when you're back, you'd notice all pest like geckos, ants, whatever will be real dead. And the cute thing is that, they will come out to the open to their death. :bsmilie:

reactan

Jan 2, 2004
Bedok
reactan.instantlogic.com
You can call pest control... they will come and put some poison smoke in all the rooms with your windows closed. Leave your house for 3days shutoff. Go for a short trip maybe... then when you're back, you'd notice all pest like geckos, ants, whatever will be real dead. And the cute thing is that, they will come out to the open to their death. :bsmilie:

ah....then all the dead reptiles/insects just becomes bait that attracts more insects to come? :D

I use a glue trap for the lizards, but i think the big ones are quite smart. They know to avoid the traps. Have only managed to catch the small ones so far

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
No humane way then I stick to my boiling water method la... :sweat:

jmmtn4aj

Jan 1, 2007
Singapore
flickr.com
LOL. I've been using water at ~90 degrees celsius to kill lizards too. Does it fast, seems to give them a heart attack more than cooking them.

Everytime come home see some **** here and there, floor, kitchen counter... I'm fed up.

Saw one just now, big one and couldn't think of how to do it. So I boiled some water and threw at him... wasn't pleasant as it was in its death throes as it was being cooked to death..:( Any other method to do it ah which is more 'humane'? Think got another baby one running around also :think:
You're insane. Just imagine you get the same treatment.

Your house is not more yours than theirs, they have the same right than you to be here and at last, while you're completly useless to the world, they eat mosquitos.

Sometimes, I feel shame to be human being, the kind who invented the useless painfull death.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site

Your house is not more yours than theirs, they have the same right than you to be here and at last, while you're completly useless to the world, they eat mosquitos.

Sometimes, I feel shame to be human being, the kind who invented the useless painfull death.
haha... well, sometimes its human who can't co-exist with one another... domesticate every single thing that dun fight back, and put in captivity every other ones that bites...

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
Use nature way to get rid of geckos. Put snake on your place :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Then next asking how to get rid of snake.. Get eagle.
How to get rid of eagle? Er, let's be creative, killer whales.

So you end up with a lot of killer whales in your house. :think:

SnapSnap

Sep 1, 2004
Singapore
Gecko on the stove top?

Pick it up, take a photo of it and put it outside your house... :bsmilie:

They are actually doing us a service by eating up the insects... ;)

LENS

Apr 8, 2005

yeah kind of agree, we describe our cruelty without feeling it is a bad act..

Artosoft

Aug 31, 2005
Tanjong Katong
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Then next asking how to get rid of snake.. Get eagle.
How to get rid of eagle? Er, let's be creative, killer whales.

So you end up with a lot of killer whales in your house. :think:
So you can open 2nd zoo in Singapore :sweatsm: . But, eh..., zoo without gecko may not complete hah....

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom