Best NiMH batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

konei

Can anyone recommend a good brand and place to buy the high capacity NiMH AA batteries ?

I have tried GP 1600mAh but it performs very much poorer than the MemPro 1700mAh. The worse I tried was Quest 1600mAh which really flats out incredibly fast. Since I use the D7, I need really good batteries and performance of similarly rated batteries varys a lot depending on manufacturer.

Is the GP 1800mAh really as good as it is rated ? Does anyone has experience with Sony batteries ? And where to buy your recommendation at a good price, since I have seen great variance in prices even in the same area.

Thanks.

I've used quite a number of 1600mAH batteries over the past year....

Here's my ranking of them based on the battery life:

1. Olympus 1600mAH that comes with the Olympus Charger
2. Sony 1600mAH (you could get 4 in a case type for $20 or less)
3. Sanyo 1600mAH (actually almost as good as the Sony ones but the cheaper, $3.50 a piece)
3. Mitsubishi 1600mAH (they last significantly shorter than those above. ~$11 for 4 pieces)
4. GP 1600mAH (perform worst of the lot)

The batteries have all gone through many recharge cycles and are properly conditioned. The charger used also charged them up to full capacities.

Get the Ray-o-Vac.... highly reccomended by websites such as DP review... not exactly cheap tho...

I personally uses GP... 2sets of 1600 and 2 sets of 1800... another set of 1300 for my flash... Hee Hee.....

that wld be the maha batteries i guess. muz get from internet tho....... else, i recommend sanyo 1700! Dun know abt the rest cos never try b4.

Anyone tried the new Energizer 1600mAh NiMH batts yet? Are they available at Mustafa?

I have the same experience & sentiments as you.

Originally posted by ckiang
My experience is that the GP ones are apparently no good. And they leak. :(

Regards
CK

Hi,
anyone using Sanyo 1700mAh?
How's their performance?
I don't have other brand to compare...
I got from AP for $3.50 a piece.
I remenber someone got at $3 per piece.

Originally posted by savvy
I have the same experience & sentiments as you.

That leak cost me $260 in repair bills for my flash. I still can't get over it. :(

And interestingly, my Sanyo 1500 and 1600mAH batteries seem to last longer than my GP 1800 ones....

Regards
CK

i'm using the sanyo 1700mAh. Seems to last more than 100 shots easily. incl occasional flash and i use alot of the lcd. Havent compare with the sony 1700 cos my sony only got 2..... Also got for 3.50 per piece.

I think the Sanyo ones seems to last longer compared the the other Sony that I have.

Excuse the newbie question... all these rechargable batteries u're talking about.. is this just for cameras that don't come with their own battery & charger?

Is the lasting of GP, Sony, Sanyo...etc. got anything to do with the charger use? When you guys make comparison, are you charging them all with the same intelligent charger? I heard (not sure if it is true) GP Power Bank II doesn't charge till very full even after 16 hours compare to intelligent charger...

Any comments?

Sanyo NiMH batteries. I've said this many times, if you've any amount of experience in serious electrical RC vehicle sport, you'll find that Sanyo is a big name in that area. And if you think your camera or flash needs power, you should see the vehicles..

Which GP batteries were those?

Originally posted by ckiang

That leak cost me $260 in repair bills for my flash. I still can't get over it. :(

And interestingly, my Sanyo 1500 and 1600mAH batteries seem to last longer than my GP 1800 ones....

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Prime
Hi,
anyone using Sanyo 1700mAh?
How's their performance?
I don't have other brand to compare...
I got from AP for $3.50 a piece.
I remenber someone got at $3 per piece.

Where to buy at S$3 per piece? Now, since so many praising Sanyo...I think I should get some of it too. Btw, what charger should I go with it? Price please...

Status
Not open for further replies.