Bernice Wong in Bungalow

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeteh

Apr 2, 2004
Singapore
www.techielobang.com
Hi, all, some pics of Bernice Wong from the shoot...

Pic 1
large.jpg

Pic 2 - I know, messy hair
large.jpg

Pic 3
large.jpg

Pic 4
large.jpg

Pic 5
large.jpg

like pic no.3 but be careful of overexposing ur pics...

V Nice.

joeteh said:
I know, messy hair

Not commenting on your images. But on this statement. I hope it was made as a jest.

Remember "critiques" are nothing more than what the person offering the critique is. Critiques reflect on the person giving the critique. Critiques are not gospel truths. It is OK for the person to dislike messy hairs. But as far as I am concern, it is not OK for that person to ram down his likes and dislikes as "photography commandments".

Photographs are visual communications. At the end, YOU alone decide what you are trying to communicate. Hear what others say, but do not be apologetic about what you are trying to communicate in your pictures. And if messy hairs on a woman excite you, and you wish to comminucate that, let it be!

I had posted images done by the acclaimed Peter Lindbergh that showed messy hairs on super-models. Right now I have a book by Marco Giavianno on models. You would love to see the messy hairs.

The point is, these images with messy hairs work, because the photographers know what they were trying to communicate. Whether the messy hairs were staged or accidental is beside the point. For me. I prefer the unstaged accident that lents a "naturalness" to the image.

I suggest you look at lots and lots of images. See how other acclaimed photographers communicate with their images. See how these photographers tell stories with their images.

Then compare these images with the advice from the person who say "Messy hair is s no-no". Ideally this person should have images to prove his point. But he does not. Sounds hollow to me. But acclaimed photographers have.

Who should we take advice from?

student said:
Not commenting on your images. But on this statement. I hope it was made as a jest.

Remember "critiques" are nothing more than what the person offering the critique is. Critiques reflect on the person giving the critique. Critiques are not gospel truths. It is OK for the person to dislike messy hairs. But as far as I am concern, it is not OK for that person to ram down his likes and dislikes as "photography commandments".

Photographs are visual communications. At the end, YOU alone decide what you are trying to communicate. Hear what others say, but do not be apologetic about what you are trying to communicate in your pictures. And if messy hairs on a woman excite you, and you wish to comminucate that, let it be!

I had posted images done by the acclaimed Peter Lindbergh that showed messy hairs on super-models. Right now I have a book by Marco Giavianno on models. You would love to see the messy hairs.

The point is, these images with messy hairs work, because the photographers know what they were trying to communicate. Whether the messy hairs were staged or accidental is beside the point. For me. I prefer the unstaged accident that lents a "naturalness" to the image.

I suggest you look at lots and lots of images. See how other acclaimed photographers communicate with their images. See how these photographers tell stories with their images.

Then compare these images with the what the person who say "Messy hair is s no-no". Ideally this person should have images to prove his point. But he does not. Sounds hollow to me. But acclaimed photographers have.

Who should we take advice from?

Hi, doc,
Nice to meet you that day. Hope that you still remember me. Thanks for sharing your views on your work that day. Really make me think differently.

Your comments on messy hair. I will definitely take note with a open heart. My learning is definitely not going to stop.. I will look at more pics, learn to take critics in the right sense...

Thanks.

Joe

I still hate messy hair.

But I wonder, did I mentioned messy hair in Joe's thread?

Sorry Joe, I am going to OT in your thread.

I have said it before, I won't start a fight, but I will finish any fight anyone drag me into. Right now, it looks to me, someone is picking a fight. Better back off!

Status
Not open for further replies.