Bernice Wong in Bungalow

Status
Not open for further replies.
student said:
Do you think this guy teckyy is a "new member"? This guy registered on 22 June 2006 and immediately launched a series of attacks on me.

Do you really think he is new? Or an old nut coming up with a new nick?

There are a number of people whim I had confronted, and to their credit, they remained themselves, such as Terence, ZC, szekiat.

Remember one who called himself littlewolf? After the roasting I gave him on Bobman's thread on Zone System, he became very quiet. He had no more replies to my dissection of his arguments. His last post was on 12 June 2006.

Then came 22 June and this teckyy came.

What do you think?

Sounds like you had been terrorising CS for a while. Lol. I agree, it feels great to roast others, especially when one at the same time admit one's photos suck.

Wisp said:
. I've long ago decided to seperate his on line personality with his real life personality.
And like I said before, I find him to be a rather friendly guy, an antithesis of his online personality.

2 personalities on and off line? Split personalities? Or does he talk bigger online? lol. Hey thanks for the affirmation.

Guys... Just CHILL! :bsmilie:

Fine that some hate messy hair and some love it, but I still don't think it's a good idea to be starting a war here in CS just because of some messy hair issues.

If you really want to have a fight, I suggest you have a physical one off the boards. And teckyy, no need to add fuel to the fire...

student said:
There was once a guy from Ukraine who requested certain assistance, and asked if I could give him some articles through email. However I felt that digitalised information scanned from an old book will not be ideal. So I had the articles photocopied and sent to him!

And if you were to look at my history, you will find that I am very patient to give detail explanations to those who requests help.

But why this other side of my personality? Idiots and morons.

Why do I bother with idiots and morons? Actually I will be very happy to leave these idiots and morons to rot.

But the problem is that these idiots and morons keep on giving misleading and false information.

And yes, it is a character flaw I have.

I just do not tolerate fools!

Wisp.

You just might be a little naive here.

Do you think this guy teckyy is a "new member"? This guy registered on 22 June 2006 and immediately launched a series of attacks on me.

Do you really think he is new? Or an old nut coming up with a new nick?

There are a number of people whim I had confronted, and to their credit, they remained themselves, such as Terence, ZC, szekiat.

Remember one who called himself littlewolf? After the roasting I gave him on Bobman's thread on Zone System, he became very quiet. He had no more replies to my dissection of his arguments. His last post was on 12 June 2006.

Then came 22 June and this teckyy came.

What do you think?

*Shrug* I'm not holmes. And I've stopped looking at the other zone system thread to cool myself down. Still it's good entertainment *sardonic grin*.
Reality shows can't beat CS sometimes..

Ladies and gentlemen..sharpen your swords..

teckyy said:
The guy has admitted his own photos suck but continue to say the same thing about others. So tell me why Wispy?

My own photographs aren't up to my standards too. I'm always looking to make a better mousetrap *shrug*.

erm, and drop the 'y'.

student said:
Of course there are many ways to see things. Of course you are right to say "learn to let go"

Why don't you tell that to DP?
Doc, kool down .... why get so agitated and sensitive with words.
Personally, I have tried many times in the past to calm DP thru my comments, which mostly indirectly telling him to speak in a nicer tone in public forum and most ppl here who have followed up with DP's threads would have realised that his tone has indeed been less confrontational of late.
"Why don't you tell that to DP?" - last night was the first time I actually pm a total stranger, who is known to be aggressive in his words, to actually suppress his anger and take a few steps back. I am happy to see that he has indeed done that. But this was wrongly interpreted by you that he has cowed. This is a public forum, and i cant lied about these facts.
So ppl will ask me again, why only Dp and why i didnt "pacify" the Doc? Well, frankly thru some posts i did try, but indirectly, and i even added some humour to indirectly tell you that we are still members of a family. Lately I did sense that you are "softer" in yr responses to me. That I appreciate.
Then maybe why I didnt pm you directly .... well to be honest i feel that you are "super,hyper sensitive" to words and maybe this is not the best of times.
There are many statements you made which didnt seem agreeable (at least to me) but i defrained from commenting because you have indeed a weakness, that you must defend to the end and emerge the "victor". This is a classic sign of the inferiority complex syndrome. In our daily life, you will meet many of such successful and intelligent ppl who will always have to explain and justify their comments and actions. It's unpleasant for me to make this claim but i will leave it to the readers to conclude. :sweat:

Canonised said:
Doc, kool down .... why get so agitated and sensitive with words?

Why am I sensitive with words?

Because words have meaning. If we use words and do not mean what the words mean, then why are we using those words?

canonised said:
Personally, I have tried many times in the past to calm DP thru my comments, which mostly indirectly telling him to speak in a nicer tone in public forum and most ppl here who have followed up with DP's threads would have realised that his tone has indeed been less confrontational of late.

Frankly, DP's confrontational attitude is not something I bother with. There are many ways to confront another. Most of the time, nobody provoked him, and he comes up with a blast that can cowed someone else into a state of fear.

canonised said:
"Why don't you tell that to DP?" - last night was the first time I actually pm a total stranger, who is known to be aggressive in his words, to actually suppress his anger and take a few steps back. I am happy to see that he has indeed done that. But this was wrongly interpreted by you that he has cowed. This is a public forum, and i cant lied about these facts.

He issued a challenge. I accept his challenge. He chose not to reply. How am I supposed to interpret that?

But in any case, I laid out my cards clearly for anyone to read and criticise. You read what my responses were.

Now tell me, which part of what I wrote was wrong and deserve to have him issue a challenge to a fight?

Canonised said:
So ppl will ask me again, why only Dp and why i didnt "pacify" the Doc? Well, frankly thru some posts i did try, but indirectly, and i even added some humour to indirectly tell you that we are still members of a family. Lately I did sense that you are "softer" in yr responses to me. That I appreciate.

I became softer to you because you talked less nonsense.

canonised said:
Then maybe why I didnt pm you directly .... well to be honest i feel that you are "super,hyper sensitive" to words and maybe this is not the best of times

As I said, I place great import to words - any time. Do not use words if you do not mean them. I have no ways to understand what you are trying to say apart from your words.

If I see you face to face, I can add a certain degree of alternative interpretation to what you say. But on the net, there is only words to go by.

So use words appropriately.

canonised said:
There are many statements you made which didnt seem agreeable (at least to me) but i defrained from commenting because you have indeed a weakness, that you must defend to the end and emerge the "victor". This is a classic sign of the inferiority complex syndrome. In our daily life, you will meet many of such successful and intelligent ppl who will always have to explain and justify their comments and actions. It's unpleasant for me to make this claim but i will leave it to the readers to conclude. :sweat:

You are now beginning to talk nonsense again.

Do I have to win? Hell! I do not care a damn if I win or lose! It is of no consequence to me!

Let me take a few examples and dissect them for you,and perhaps you can see why I want to bring things to a conclusion.

1 The Zone System.

Now it had been said ad nauseum that the ZS is but a tool to better exposure. Possessing the knowledge of ZS does not ensure one makes great photographs, and not using the ZS does not mean that one cannot make great photographs.

Do you have a problem with that?

But then this bloke called littlewolf must come to challenge that. Now if that little wolfie have some valid points, it is fine. Unfortunately he really showed that he know nuts about exposure, and resorted to technical mumbo-jumbo to confuse others, and he even tried to enlist the opinions of Roger Hicks to support him.

What would you do? He came with a "reputable artist" that we should listen to. Should we?

What happened if the opinions of Roger Hicks were to sway those who are less in the know? What would you do. Read how I dealt with this.

Did I do that to win?

2 Zeckson Chow.

Frankly I do not bother with ZC'z comments. Everytime I saw his comments I just laugh them off. I had never bother to engage him.

Why did I engage him this time? Not because of his comments on the images. I cold not be bothered with that. But because of the insinuation that Gravemaid was less than professional in organising her shoots.

You may disagree with me as did Wai Leong. But I see it differently. it is not about suing. This is not important enough for that. But fairness must prevail.

In any case I have left this alone for the time being. When my friend return next week, I will discuss with him (someone with a Masters in law) to see if my interpretation of ZC's comment has merit.

I was not engaging ZC to win. But to get fairness for Gravemaid.

Now about inferiority-complex. This is most interesting.

You are a trained psychologist? With a masters in psychology? (we all know that one with a bachelor degree is well.. what should I say? worse still, if one's knowledge of psychology is "gained" from a semester of education or from books!). Or perhaps you are a psychiatrist?

Let me ask my friends. I have many friends who are psychiatrists of senior consultant level and professorial standing.

And I work with several psychologists (with masters in psychology). Heck! Even the infamous Dr Chee Soon Juan (a psychologist) had once (briefly) work under my supervision.

But I will ask them if they think I suffer from inferiority-complex. And I have worked with them for years and perhaps know me better than you?

Maybe I can get some insight into my inner self. Hmm, interesting!

Ok ok, messy hair or not, i'll not go into that.

But I have to say that either the model (here) sucks, or the photographer suck.

I glance through the 5 photos here and all I see is ONE look; teeth showing, eyes like sl**s, and non-symmetrical lips. I'm not sure who's at fault here, a new photographer trying very hard to learn, a newbie make-up artist, or a model just wanna get over with the shoot as there is no further incentive. I wasn't there, correct me if I'm wrong.

With all these said, I have to say that I'm also a newbie, I don't shoot models, and my photos suck. :)

And remember... There are no other excuses except, the trigger-person is not good enough.

Never have I heard a truer statement in the various fracases here than this one:

"Why am I sensitive with words?

Because words have meaning. If we use words and do not mean what the words mean, then why are we using those words?"

Believe me, it's not just an Asian thing ... this blatant and total lack of respect, and understanding of words, and how the words we use, use us.

Is it any wonder why so many relationships ... and people are so screwed up?

AReality said:

I glance through the 5 photos here and all I see is ONE look; teeth showing, eyes like sl**s, and non-symmetrical lips. I'm not sure who's at fault here, a new photographer trying very hard to learn, a newbie make-up artist, or a model just wanna get over with the shoot as there is no further incentive. I wasn't there, correct me if I'm wrong.

With all these said, I have to say that I'm also a newbie, I don't shoot models, and my photos suck. :)

And remember... There are no other excuses except, the trigger-person is not good enough.

Hi, AReality,

Thanks for pointing out those flaws. Will keep them in mind. Nice street portraits you have on your website.. :)

Joe

AReality said:

Hey pal ,
watch your tongue .. :nono:

Just what do you meant exactly ?
" ONE look; teeth showing, eyes like sl**s " ?? 2nd point : a newbie make-up artist ?? 3rd point : a model just wanna get over with the shoot as there is no further incentive. ??

Firstly , i think you should shut your gap since you aren't even there in the first place and
you aren't even paying for the shoot ! ..

So dont presume you can be judgemental of the model's attitude and the make up artist quality & professionalism on that day itself.

And all the 3 comments made were personal written insults and its made purely based on your judgement over the photos here.

And i see that you personally has a business or doing some freelance wedding photography .. These remarks are the least expected from someone who's in this line of business or interests. I think you seriously owe Bernice and Valerie a public apology and also Gravemaid the organiser for that matter.

radi9red said:
Firstly , i think you should shut your gap since you aren't even there in the first place and
you aren't even paying for the shoot ! ..

As i said, "I wasn't there, correct me if I'm wrong." Can't u even read simple English?:nono: And please read the whole paragraph, and not some selected text.

Since you were there, tell me why your photos all have the same look too? Is it because the photographer suck, or the model is not up to par, or you're there just for the fun? Hmmm... after looking thru a few similar threads, I somehow feel that they all have the same look for a particular model.:think:

I am giving the thread starter my point of view, and he has gladly accepted it. And you come crashing in, telling me to shut up, just because I wasn't there? So i guess quite a lot of people here shouldn't have commented?:nono:

AReality said:
Since you were there, tell me why your photos all have the same look too? Is it because the photographer suck, or the model is not up to par, or you're there just for the fun? Hmmm... after looking thru a few similar threads, I somehow feel that they all have the same look for a particular model.:think:

Since you were not there, let me do the explanation, radi9red and I are in the same team shooting Bernice, of course most of the poses may look the same or similar.. In fact, I was inspired by him to start this thread... and to mention that Bernice is not up to par, I believe that this is an assumption on your side. Bernice is great and she knows her stuff.

Joe

Is there a reason why everyone is so angsty at the moment?

Joe, i hope you have been able to glean what you need from the comments & critiques. The thread will also be closed. For now, i would recommand everyone please back off each other and calm down abit please.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.