Benro vs Sirui

ACtually, that is the standard design for a simple ball head. If you want to lock down pan and tilt separately, you will need a ballhead with pan feature (like the 488). You get more control but at the cost of weight.

I only use a pan/ball head (488 rc2) on my local setup. On my travel tripod, I use my standard ball head.

For both travelling and landscape shooting, I use my G-20 all the way..

Except for video, then I will use my Slik Video head.

For both travelling and landscape shooting, I use my G-20 all the way..

Except for video, then I will use my Slik Video head.

I use this for video.

varun.jpg

Last edited:
From china actually.

That pic I pulled is a store in india. But the stuff is mostly made in China.

but won't there be some dangling over the video quality as u walk ?

i still thinking those gliders would be a better one.

but won't there be some dangling over the video quality as u walk ?

i still thinking those gliders would be a better one.

It is better than handheld.

And the 'gliders' are called track dolly. different use for different effect. There is also the steadcams, but those are also hella expensive.

I just bought my T-1004x and I seriously loving it! Took me awhile to decide between T-1004x and T-1005x and I asked myself, was it for stability or comfort?

Last edited:
I just bought my T-1004x and I seriously loving it! Took me awhile to decide between T-1004x and T-1005x and I asked myself, was it for stability or comfort?

Very simple ma . 1005x is more compact good for traveling heh . But I agree 1004x is more stable

Bought mine over the weekend (1004)
had some shot, somewhat satisfied,
will try on night shot over the weekend =)

thanks guys for the assistance

my only comment is I see some grease on the knobs, that makes my hands smell.
aside from that it's ok.

Bought mine over the weekend (1004)
had some shot, somewhat satisfied,
will try on night shot over the weekend =)

thanks guys for the assistance

my only comment is I see some grease on the knobs, that makes my hands smell.
aside from that it's ok.

Enjoy the tripod.

Use a piece of tissue to clean the grease shown visibly on the tripod.

The purpose of the grease was to make the tripod to retract smoothly.

The ball head also have some grease for it's smooother navigation.

Do your 1004 includes a shorter centre column for you to do macro shooting ?

By the way, just changed my quick release plate today to a longer 7cm Sirui TY70, cost me $30.

Very simple ma . 1005x is more compact good for traveling heh . But I agree 1004x is more stable

i bought the t1005x 2 wks ago, happy so far with the stability but really the shorter folded height is what i'm after for traveling. if really need that stability, i probably won't use last section and add some weight to the centre hook to lower CG. also tested with benro travel angel A068 (i think?) equivalent 5 section, must say no regrets on my choice. most likely due to the last section on the benro is 10mm, vs sirui 13mm, benro is of coz lighter and compact.
also they din have t-1004x where i bought, only t2005x & t1005x.

i bought the t1005x 2 wks ago, happy so far with the stability but really the shorter folded height is what i'm after for traveling. if really need that stability, i probably won't use last section and add some weight to the centre hook to lower CG. also tested with benro travel angel A068 (i think?) equivalent 5 section, must say no regrets on my choice. most likely due to the last section on the benro is 10mm, vs sirui 13mm, benro is of coz lighter and compact.
also they din have t-1004x where i bought, only t2005x & t1005x.

looks like the SIRUI is a BENRO Killer !

I have been thinking of getting a tripod and was lazy to study the different brands and models available.

Thanks to this thread, I visited TK Foto this afternoon, made a decision and bought the T1004x + G10. :)

looks like the SIRUI is a BENRO Killer !

maybe, i didn't try other benro models to comment though, just the 5 section aluminium benro model, but it's enough for me to turn away:bsmilie:
for some ppl, it might do coz they want the light weight benro can provide with this model, so they can have lesser stability for the portability (extra 400g). for me, i'm more kiasi/su:bsmilie:
my normal setup is olympus e-pl1+9-18mm uwa lens
heaviest is 70-300mm (600g) for macro.
i went for g20

maybe, i didn't try other benro models to comment though, just the 5 section aluminium benro model, but it's enough for me to turn away:bsmilie:
for some ppl, it might do coz they want the light weight benro can provide with this model, so they can have lesser stability for the portability (extra 400g). for me, i'm more kiasi/su:bsmilie:
my normal setup is olympus e-pl1+9-18mm uwa lens
heaviest is 70-300mm (600g) for macro.
i went for g20

I handled both the Benro and Sirui at the shop. Benro's quality isn't that good compared to Sirui.

Sirui gives a better final finishing on their tripods, it really sets a high standard even though it's from China, it's still comparable to Gitzo if you ask me.

The more number of section for a tripod, the less stable it is, thus for me maximum is 4 sections.

I'm using the G20, but regretted that I should have gone for the G-30 ball head.

I handled both the Benro and Sirui at the shop. Benro's quality isn't that good compared to Sirui.

Sirui gives a better final finishing on their tripods, it really sets a high standard even though it's from China, it's still comparable to Gitzo if you ask me.

The more number of section for a tripod, the less stable it is, thus for me maximum is 4 sections.

I'm using the G20, but regretted that I should have gone for the G-30 ball head.

g30 - heavy setup u must have, but i think can sell off g20 easily, seen some folks asking for it at B&S:devil: BBB, haha
for those who got g10 must have regretted, so want to upgrade to g20. but i must say the hands on reviews by some "lao jiao" were very useful...

g30 - heavy setup u must have, but i think can sell off g20 easily, seen some folks asking for it at B&S:devil: BBB, haha
for those who got g10 must have regretted, so want to upgrade to g20. but i must say the hands on reviews by some "lao jiao" were very useful...

agreed. but i think no point .. abit waste of time and transport for the dealing.

Enjoy the tripod.

Use a piece of tissue to clean the grease shown visibly on the tripod.

The purpose of the grease was to make the tripod to retract smoothly.

The ball head also have some grease for it's smooother navigation.

Do your 1004 includes a shorter centre column for you to do macro shooting ?

By the way, just changed my quick release plate today to a longer 7cm Sirui TY70, cost me $30.

I have one extra part, i think that's the shorter column your talking about.

Will research for Sirui TY70, btw for a quick reference, what's the diff from the default one?

I have one extra part, i think that's the shorter column your talking about.

Will research for Sirui TY70, btw for a quick reference, what's the diff from the default one?

It is longer. So you can slide the plate/camera back and forth, left and right, off center... to get to the center of gravity, or to find nodal point. It will not work well as a macro rail though, as macro rails have minute adjustment screws for precise adjustments.

It is longer. So you can slide the plate/camera back and forth, left and right, off center... to get to the center of gravity, or to find nodal point. It will not work well as a macro rail though, as macro rails have minute adjustment screws for precise adjustments.

noted, thanks.

btw the grease on the ballhead, can I wipe it off with tissue?