Benro vs Sirui

noted, thanks.

btw the grease on the ballhead, can I wipe it off with tissue?

Sure you can. You can even wipe it off with your shirt if you want. It's your ballhead, your tissue and your shirt. ;)

I have one extra part, i think that's the shorter column your talking about.

Will research for Sirui TY70, btw for a quick reference, what's the diff from the default one?

its longer, 7cm compared to default plate 5cm. so i dont have to move my tripod back wards or forwards when composing shots.

its longer, 7cm compared to default plate 5cm. so i dont have to move my tripod back wards or forwards when composing shots.

That is actually not good practice unless you are doing macro shots.

Hey, is Sirui R1204 tripod worth to buy and suitable for travel?

Hey, is Sirui R1204 tripod worth to buy and suitable for travel?

IF I'm not wrong... R series is not reverse foldable... (IIRC). T series are the ones catered to travellers (light-weight and reverse foldable as well). R series I think are basic models with lesser features as compared to the more complicated counterparts. Whether they are still travel worthy to you or not, it depends on personal preferences. I'm sure I'll take my N model with me overseas even though it's not a T series.

I bought my 1st tripod after looking around in b&s. Sirui T-1004 with the G10 head. 6 years warranty from tk photo.

My bf gave me as a present hee. Very worth it compare to second hand benro 500-600ex selling for $160+ on bns that has no more warranty. I wonder who will buy from them leh.

I bought my 1st tripod after looking around in b&s. Sirui T-1004 with the G10 head. 6 years warranty from tk photo.

My bf gave me as a present hee. Very worth it compare to second hand benro 500-600ex selling for $160+ on bns that has no more warranty. I wonder who will buy from them leh.

Enjoy, I'm sure ladies would much prefer lighter tripods which i feel the t1005 is a big bang for bucks and the killer for benro's.

Tried both sirui t1005 and benro a550, sirui still got a better quality and the "feel" is much better.

But to me I don't need to have warranty. Cos I prefer to diy and fix myself

I am looking for a tripod too. But my budget is only $200.

I am deciding between benro and sirui too.

Sounds like sirui is better but benro (a500ex) is higher than sirui (T1004x + G10).

So can anyone enlighten me why choose sirui T1004x over a benro like a500ex?

Sounds like sirui is better but benro (a500ex) is higher than sirui (T1004x + G10).

You are the one using the tripod NOT us.Go down and try both again and see which one suits you more.What if we ask you to get the Sirui and after using for 1 month you decided to sell off and get the Benro instead?Are you going to blame us?

Anyway,if you need the extra height and don't mind the weight,get the Benro lor...

compare the specs btw both.

http://www.benro.cn/EnSite/EnProduct.aspx?ProductId=416&id=137 (1.45kg, max load 6kg)

http://www.siruiusa.com/tripods/t1004x.htm (1.1kg, max load 10kg)

most photographers will go for a light (below 1.5kg for some, for me, tripod must be below 1.3kg) and sturdy tripod.

do you want to carry a heavy tripod + cam + heavy lens walking around shooting everytime?

based on personal experience, getting a heavy and sturdy tripod, the tripod will end up staying at home 90% of the time.

height is the least of the consideration for me since i am ard 1.7... so long as the tripod is above 1.6, it is fine with me. too tall no use to me also. So unless you are 1.75 and above, then height of tripod is one main consideration for you.

Last edited:
You are the one using the tripod NOT us.Go down and try both again and see which one suits you more.What if we ask you to get the Sirui and after using for 1 month you decided to sell off and get the Benro instead?Are you going to blame us?

Anyway,if you need the extra height and don't mind the weight,get the Benro lor...

In that case would it be a good idea to buy both? We must support our economy right? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

In that case would it be a good idea to buy both? We must support our economy right? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Many people have more than one tripod depending on the shooting circumstances. Time to support the economy.

Hi, just gonna ask a noob question, so this Sirui T1004 when fully extended (without extending the centre piece) is how high? Will we get backache from keep bending down to look at the viewfinder when the camera is attached on? Pls advise, thanks.:dunno:

Hi, just gonna ask a noob question, so this Sirui T1004 when fully extended (without extending the centre piece) is how high? Will we get backache from keep bending down to look at the viewfinder when the camera is attached on? Pls advise, thanks.:dunno:

Do you know Sirui has a website?

Best is go down shop to take a look extend it out to see if it fits ur needs. Bring your camera along to test it on the spot to have the feel of it.

If you don't wan to do the above. They do have a website for you to view it. Click here

I think I know what to get. Thanks for all the info here. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Depends on your height really.. I'm using a t1204 which is the same height as t1004. Most of the time I can shoot without extending the centre column almost at eye level. But then I'm a short guy at 1.6m..

for surui ballhead if im going to get T1004... G20 is better?
BTW im using D90 with 18-105...