Believe it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBTM said:
I went to my sister house this afternoon. Recently helped her to brought a card reader for my niece since my niece is going into photography too. My sister told me this :

"You know, my daughter went to school n tell the teacher that she forget to upload the photos to certain website. Then she told the teacher that she got a card reader. In the end, the teacher ask my daughter to lend her the card reader so that he could transfer file over."

Wow, teachers nowadays take advantage of the student har? If next time I strike lottery, get my niece a good camera system (Canon) and with good lens for her, the teacher knows abt it, would he ask my niece to lend to him too?

Lucky thing is the card reader quite cheap as if the teacher spoil it, it's ok. But how can a teacher is not well perpare and in turn, ask from the student for accessories? Isn't that funny? Teacher complain student bad but how good or well equip is our teacher/s? :think:
Tell the parent, go straight to the staff room, ask the card reader back from the teacher.... in front of his colleagues.

That shld do the trick. And an absolute guarantee that the teacher would never, ever borrow a single thing from the girl again.... ever.

Next time, ask your niece just to bring the appropriate things to school (i.e. sch textbooks and stationery). Then all these could be avoided in the first place. Anyway, your niece got the rights to reject the teacher, but if your niece did otherwise, then why did you want to complain?

Time has changed, move on ....

wat abt the fact theat ure neice forgot to upload the pics in the first place? how can a student forget to do his/her assignments as tasked?

student forgot to do wat he/she was supposed to (does dat mean dat he/she is going to forget to do it for the rest of his/her life?)
teacher forgot to bring a certain item to school and borrows from student (does dat mean dat he/she is freeloading from his/her students for the rest of his/her life?)

maybe OT a bit la but then again.....

wah liao, something so small can blow till so big.

whether the teacher has a card reader or not depends on the school. if the school too cheapskate to budget for a what?... $40/- card reader then you should be blasting the school. if your neice unhappy her teacher keep borrowing then teach her to say no lah. and maybe you'll like to donate a card reader to the school since they are so lacking one.

and you can close the thread yourself. no need wait for mod action.

BBTM said:
I just remember something which really boil my blood. I forget to bring toothbrush to sch during my primary sch time. I was CANED by the Vice Principle! So, when a kid forget, they will be punish. When a teacher forget, it is ok to borrow from a kid? :think: Don't know what kind of education is we having now. Really no eye to see liao.
Hello BBTM,

I just saw this thread and found it rather interesting, cos I'm a full-time teacher :) I'd just like to make a few points:

1) From your post #1, it seems like u don't really have all the details of the situation, cos u only heard your niece's side of the story. If u are really so unhappy abt it, go to her sch, clarify things with the teacher concerned.

I quote from post #1 "Wow, teachers nowadays take advantage of the student har?". This kind of sweeping statements are really unfounded & unnecessary. As I said, clarify with the teacher concerned, don't mar the reputations of all teachers because of your unhappiness with one of us.

2) From the post I quoted from u above, it seems like that caning incident from childhood is the main cause of your unhappiness. I think u should maybe seek some councilling. Just a suggestion. Don't let an isolated incident from your childhood cause u to be bitter for life. Ultimately, u're the one that suffer.

3) As a teacher, i have noticed that over the years, our youth have been getting more & more self-centred & selfish. Not the majority, mind u, but the number is slowly increasing. I'm trying now NOT to associate this trend with adults like u. Imagine after reading your post, I go to a teachers' forum and post that all parents nowadays are very selfish. Will I be correct? I don't think so, cos u're just one adult and don't represent all parents.

4) I agree with the rest that this is a really small matter in the first place. When the majority doesn't feel the same way as you, it shows something. I am not saying the majority is always correct, but, I'm saying u should so some self-reflection instead of insisting on blaming all teachers without getting your facts straight.

5) Another quote from u "Don't know what kind of education is we having now. Really no eye to see liao." Again, such sweeping statements are groundless. If u know how complex our education system is, u will NOT make such a statement based on ONE incident.

Ok, this is all i have to say. Usually, I don't get involved in such a flame thread, but I cannot stand by and watch my profession being insulted without basis.

Cheers! :cheers:

Really.

there is nothing wrong with students borrowing from teachers or teachers borrowing from students. in my sec school, it is pretty commonplace for such stuff.

teachers are still humans. speaking from a human being point of view, there are times when we need an item JUST ONCE, so we just borrow it from another fellow human being.

isnt it normal?

Really, a mountain out of a molehill..

wiz23 said:
Hello BBTM,

I just saw this thread and found it rather interesting, cos I'm a full-time teacher I'd just like to make a few points:

1) From your post #1, it seems like u don't really have all the details of the situation, cos u only heard your niece's side of the story. If u are really so unhappy abt it, go to her sch, clarify things with the teacher concerned.

I quote from post #1 "Wow, teachers nowadays take advantage of the student har?". This kind of sweeping statements are really unfounded & unnecessary. As I said, clarify with the teacher concerned, don't mar the reputations of all teachers because of your unhappiness with one of us.

2) From the post I quoted from u above, it seems like that caning incident from childhood is the main cause of your unhappiness. I think u should maybe seek some councilling. Just a suggestion. Don't let an isolated incident from your childhood cause u to be bitter for life. Ultimately, u're the one that suffer.

3) As a teacher, i have noticed that over the years, our youth have been getting more & more self-centred & selfish. Not the majority, mind u, but the number is slowly increasing. I'm trying now NOT to associate this trend with adults like u. Imagine after reading your post, I go to a teachers' forum and post that all parents nowadays are very selfish. Will I be correct? I don't think so, cos u're just one adult and don't represent all parents.

4) I agree with the rest that this is a really small matter in the first place. When the majority doesn't feel the same way as you, it shows something. I am not saying the majority is always correct, but, I'm saying u should so some self-reflection instead of insisting on blaming all teachers without getting your facts straight.

5) Another quote from u "Don't know what kind of education is we having now. Really no eye to see liao." Again, such sweeping statements are groundless. If u know how complex our education system is, u will NOT make such a statement based on ONE incident.

Ok, this is all i have to say. Usually, I don't get involved in such a flame thread, but I cannot stand by and watch my profession being insulted without basis.

Cheers!

:vhappy:

2) where to go for councilling? cos i'm still sour over the teachers & principals i had from primary & secondary... :devil:

3) i notice that too... and always its the kids who share gets the worst... there is no incentive for nice kids to actually go around sharing & passing it on, have learnt to fortify myself... but den i still share alot lah... thats the loophole in my system... money is not important, hua hee ju ho...

oh ya... not that i wanna pinpoint the teachers or anybody... not all are saints but they should have have some common sense in dealing with minors, esp when minors look them up as someone they can depend on... but den common sense wasn't really that common... imagine 1 sweeping statement from my teacher & principal to cover up 1 event made me hate them and have my miserable sec life.... thats not really cool... thanks for teaching me the meaning of... 殺一儆百。but y me?... :think: to those involved in that 'mission'... :thumbsup: kudos...

/me time to go see psychiatrist... :sweatsm:

BBTM said:
Think mod should close this. Sure a flame war later as expected. :(

So far so good. The posts here are civil.

By the way you can close your own thread if you want to.

BBTM said:
To those who feel like letting the teacher to keep borrowing things from your kids, pls carry on. Give your child every things which the teacher need and let the teacher borrow from them. See what your kids will tell you in the end.

Think mod should close this. Sure a flame war later as expected. :(

I think you are starting a flame war here. You are assuming that all teachers will start to borrow things from the kids after this one off incident. Good luck...

Remember: the teacher you have mentioned helped the kid to upload files.

DCA said:
where to go for councilling? cos i'm still sour over the teachers & principals i had from primary & secondary...
U can always go to a psychologist or psychiatrist for counselling. If u don't want to spend money, i can help. I am trained in Basic Counselling :bsmilie:

i don see a big issue on this ..
:sweat:

borrow for awhile only right?

wiz23 said:
U can always go to a psychologist or psychiatrist for counselling. If u don't want to spend money, i can help. I am trained in Basic Counselling :bsmilie:

dun wanna talk to u liao... :cry:

btw, how come u quote me, is DCA ar... stylo milo leh... so my nick indicate as DCA on your PC? :bsmilie:

actually i also got study abit lah.. but den its hard to get rid of it off my mind lor... maybe i am having a beautiful mind already... :sweatsm: :lovegrin:

Actually I deleted 2 posts. I think I shouldn't comment anymore. What I think, that teacher is at wrong. That is the way which I will teach my children in the future. I might not be generous like most of you did but I understand one thing, be RESPONSIBLE! :D

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

btw, how come u quote me, is DCA ar... stylo milo leh... so my nick indicate as DCA on your PC? :bsmilie:

actually i also got study abit lah.. but den its hard to get rid of it off my mind lor... maybe i am having a beautiful mind already... :sweatsm: :lovegrin:

Monday I bring cane to remind you of your old school times, haha! ;p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

Just joking lah, bro ;) ... Next time i see u in WLC, cannot ignore me, ok? :bsmilie:

I actually quoted the wrong person, so I manually copy & paste your post. Then, lazy to spell out your nick, so only type DCA lor ... Haha, my computer not so advanced yet :bsmilie:

BBTM said:
Actually I deleted 2 posts. I think I shouldn't comment anymore. What I think, that teacher is at wrong. That is the way which I will teach my children in the future. I might not be generous like most of you did but I understand one thing, be RESPONSIBLE! :D
I still don't see how borrowing a card reader shows that the teacher is irresponsible :dunno:

Anyway, to each his own ... Whatever I said was based on the facts of the situation, please don't take it personally, ok? No hard feelings, man ...

wiz23 said:
I still don't see how borrowing a card reader shows that the teacher is irresponsible :dunno:

Anyway, to each his own ... Whatever I said was based on the facts of the situation, please don't take it personally, ok? No hard feelings, man ...

Same here, I dun see anything wrong here too :embrass:

Also, what I see is based on the info in this thread which we assume are facts and complete.

Paul_Yeo said:
Same here, I dun see anything wrong here too :embrass:

Also, what I see is based on the info in this thread which we assume are facts and complete.
Agree :)

That's why I asked the thread starter to look up the teacher concerned to clarify matters instead of posting here, since the incident bothered him so much ... Just a suggestion though. i guess it's hard to get the facts right if we don't hear from the horse's mouth.

I guess I should have said whatever I typed in my previous post was based on whatever BBTM told us ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.