Believe it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my school time, if kana cane by teacher, go home must keep quiet. If tell parent, kana another round of caning again.
These days, if student kana scold only, go home complain. Then parent will make a big fuss.

Tough life for teachers. :cry:

OT: Do any of you notice youth crime rate going up? Children don't know how to respect the elder?

no body is perfect dude. i agree to a certain extent dat as a teacher, one should be prepared. but then again, how many times have we prepared ourselves day in and day out for the future and yet we missed out on certain things.

besides, its not like he is borrowing it home or something, its juz borrowed there and then right? is he transfering personal files over or files dat your sister's daughter forgot to upload?

BBTM said:
"You know, my daughter went to school n tell the teacher that she forget to upload the photos to certain website. Then she told the teacher that she got a card reader. In the end, the teacher ask my daughter to lend her the card reader so that he could transfer file over."

Teacher was doing a good deed to help transfer the files for the kid.
The kid said she forgot to do what she was supposed to.
What is so earth shattering about a Teacher using a kid's card reader for 5 minutes?
Presume Teacher returned the card reader.

A card reader costs $40 at most.
Usually given free at IT shows if one buys a memory card or UDB drive.

Singaporeans got nothing to fuss over, so find such trivial matters to complain about?

Next time our Boss borrow our ball pen to jot something down, (something we were supposed to do in our job but forgot) we feel it is worthwhile complaining about?

Don't we have something better to do?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
actually my teachers' & principals' borrow alot of things from me but never return also... like rings, walkman, comics, etc.. den go to class, they always borrow pens, pencils, color pencils, eraser from me too... and i always expect them to be well prepared... but they never seem to... the only few things they always share was their canes & rulers... and some come with special delivery, like the textbooks, workbooks, dusters, chalks. Delivery was almost instanteous... even better than Fedex...

anyway, mai hiam beh pai liao lah...
we from same school? very familiar leh.

BBTM said:
I went to my sister house this afternoon. Recently helped her to brought a card reader for my niece since my niece is going into photography too. My sister told me this :

"You know, my daughter went to school n tell the teacher that she forget to upload the photos to certain website. Then she told the teacher that she got a card reader. In the end, the teacher ask my daughter to lend her the card reader so that he could transfer file over."

Wow, teachers nowadays take advantage of the student har? If next time I strike lottery, get my niece a good camera system (Canon) and with good lens for her, the teacher knows abt it, would he ask my niece to lend to him too?

Lucky thing is the card reader quite cheap as if the teacher spoil it, it's ok. But how can a teacher is not well perpare and in turn, ask from the student for accessories? Isn't that funny? Teacher complain student bad but how good or well equip is our teacher/s? :think:

You have to elaborate further your preception, on why you thought / "feeling" that way..

The teacher borrow the card reader to upload his OWN personnal stuffs and not uploading for my niece. If a teacher is using a student item for his OWN use, isn't that is a shame? A teacher who teaches student to forget n then borrow? Next time he forget to bring $, will he borrow from my niece, I start to wonder now.

If you, an adult, would borrow something from a kid when you can afford one? Isn't that a shame to you? Try it, see how you feel when the kid ask you back "Uncle, can't you buy it yourself? :think: "

What I try to say is that a teacher should be responsible for having all the study materials well prepare. Instead, we do have teachers who forget and depend on the student. Isn't that weird?

that is a ridiculous assumption.

seriously, borrowing is not a crime or a wrong act. Dont tell me that you never borrowed in your life from someone younger or a kid before. You are on the path of thinking that it will spiral from that point onwards.

I wonder whatever happened to the teachers that change their style from being hardline to being friendly with students. Jeez, cant please anybody in this world anymore. I pity the teachers, kids do wrong, blame the teachers, discipline the kids, complain the teacher, kids do right, praise the parents. If the teacher starts to borrow money from your niece, then you have a reason to start b!tching. Dont get so uptight about a teacher borrowing a card reader, that means the teacher is friendly enough with the student to ask. I dont think the teacher ordered your niece to bring it right?

Missed the later post.
Study materials is one thing. From what I am reading, it seems to me that you are still blowing this molehill to mountain size. Is this borrowing an everyday occurrence or an isolated case?

BBTM said:
The teacher borrow the card reader to upload his OWN personnal stuffs and not uploading for my niece. If a teacher is using a student item for his OWN use, isn't that is a shame? A teacher who teaches student to forget n then borrow? Next time he forget to bring $, will he borrow from my niece, I start to wonder now.

If you, an adult, would borrow something from a kid when you can afford one? Isn't that a shame to you? Try it, see how you feel when the kid ask you back "Uncle, can't you buy it yourself? :think: "

all cats eat fish, some dogs eat fish
therefore some dogs are cats.

ok that makes sense now :eek:

TMC said:
that is a ridiculous assumption.

seriously, borrowing is not a crime or a wrong act. Dont tell me that you never borrowed in your life from someone younger or a kid before. You are on the path of thinking that it will spiral from that point onwards.

I wonder whatever happened to the teachers that change their style from being hardline to being friendly with students. Jeez, cant please anybody in this world anymore. I pity the teachers, kids do wrong, blame the teachers, discipline the kids, complain the teacher, kids do right, praise the parents. If the teacher starts to borrow money from your niece, then you have a reason to start b!tching. Dont get so uptight about a teacher borrowing a card reader, that means the teacher is friendly enough with the student to ask. I dont think the teacher ordered your niece to bring it right?
i think its time to stop, some impt details are obviously left out in the 1st post and no one really knows whats the actual situation anymore. this could go on forever and i see no end in sight.

To those who feel like letting the teacher to keep borrowing things from your kids, pls carry on. Give your child every things which the teacher need and let the teacher borrow from them. See what your kids will tell you in the end.

Think mod should close this. Sure a flame war later as expected. :(

To TMC:
My point was that a teacher, which is earning for teaching, can't afford a card reader? I admit that I borrow from other before but I don't recall brought from a KID! And on top of it, if they don't lend to me, I just have to solve it my way. Have you ever try to borrow from a KID before and don't feel embrassed ( :embrass: ) If you didn't, congrate to you as you got a THICK skin. :bsmilie:

I just remember something which really boil my blood. I forget to bring toothbrush to sch during my primary sch time. I was CANED by the Vice Principle! So, when a kid forget, they will be punish. When a teacher forget, it is ok to borrow from a kid? :think: Don't know what kind of education is we having now. Really no eye to see liao.

BBTM said:
To TMC:
My point was that a teacher, which is earning for teaching, can't afford a card reader? I admit that I borrow from other before but I don't recall brought from a KID! And on top of it, if they don't lend to me, I just have to solve it my way. Have you ever try to borrow from a KID before and don't feel embrassed ( :embrass: ) If you didn't, congrate to you as you got a THICK skin. :bsmilie:

I just remember something which really boil my blood. I forget to bring toothbrush to sch during my primary sch time. I was CANED by the Vice Principle! So, when a kid forget, they will be punish. When a teacher forget, it is ok to borrow from a kid? :think: Don't know what kind of education is we having now. Really no eye to see liao.

u mean u forget 1 time, the VP cane u ar... solid school leh... esp the VP, sibeh eng... think his hobby is caning, and his favorite drink is u know wat liao... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u mean u forget 1 time, the VP cane u ar... solid school leh... esp the VP, sibeh eng... think his hobby is caning, and his favorite drink is u know wat liao... :bsmilie:

Yup, just once n I could not forget abt it after so many years. 20 + yrs, still leaving me a bad impression and now, I see teacher been defended by other as he is ok to forget n borrow from a KID! Next time, I will see my kid bringing text book for teacher (maybe laptop also). No wonder nowadays kid bag getting more n more heavy, I know why now. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.