Bed of Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.

makoy

Jan 10, 2007
hi! for you C&C..thanks

351337477_cb2c5c89b9.jpg

looks flat without proper focus...
the way you used the flash has left (almost) no shadows... i think you should focus on a smaller amount of roses and then play with DOF more...

oddly, your sharp pic have not so nice red, and your background red is nicer...

sadly this pic dun work as there isn't anything thats attracting, everything is just shouting for attention and its so messy, i feel its like just a blindshot.

It is a nice bunch of flowers. Their colors however are not uniform so I would have preferred a macro shot of the middle flower which seems to have better color and shape compared to the others.

Still, its a good attempt. Keep on shooting.

It is a nice bunch of flowers. Their colors however are not uniform so I would have preferred a macro shot of the middle flower which seems to have better color and shape compared to the others.

Still, its a good attempt. Keep on shooting.

actually the effect that i really wanted was for the middle rose to stand out among the rest.

actually the effect that i really wanted was for the middle rose to stand out among the rest.

Well, I guess the problem there is that all the roses in front are in-focus. That really hurts the effect. And your flash is a bit harsh, a diffuser or warm, natural light and no flash would help.

Well, I guess the problem there is that all the roses in front are in-focus. That really hurts the effect. And your flash is a bit harsh, a diffuser or warm, natural light and no flash would help.

ok.thanks for your advice..
btw, i am only using the built in flash, is there any diffuser or something that can make my flash softer?

ok.thanks for your advice..
btw, i am only using the built in flash, is there any diffuser or something that can make my flash softer?

Yeah... As discussed in your "Start Early" thread, a single ply of tissue paper or 3M Micropore can help.

Or:

- Cut up a Yakult bottle

- cut up a 35mm film roll canister (the milky white ones)

The last 2 will give you more of a "diffused" effect, but they'll involve some arts and crafts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.