Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2007
hi! for you C&C..thanks

Michael

Apr 5, 2005
Thailand
www.pbase.com
looks flat without proper focus...
the way you used the flash has left (almost) no shadows... i think you should focus on a smaller amount of roses and then play with DOF more...

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
oddly, your sharp pic have not so nice red, and your background red is nicer...

sadly this pic dun work as there isn't anything thats attracting, everything is just shouting for attention and its so messy, i feel its like just a blindshot.

digisnap

Dec 1, 2006
It is a nice bunch of flowers. Their colors however are not uniform so I would have preferred a macro shot of the middle flower which seems to have better color and shape compared to the others.

Still, its a good attempt. Keep on shooting.

Jan 10, 2007
It is a nice bunch of flowers. Their colors however are not uniform so I would have preferred a macro shot of the middle flower which seems to have better color and shape compared to the others.

Still, its a good attempt. Keep on shooting.
actually the effect that i really wanted was for the middle rose to stand out among the rest.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
actually the effect that i really wanted was for the middle rose to stand out among the rest.

Well, I guess the problem there is that all the roses in front are in-focus. That really hurts the effect. And your flash is a bit harsh, a diffuser or warm, natural light and no flash would help.

Jan 10, 2007
Well, I guess the problem there is that all the roses in front are in-focus. That really hurts the effect. And your flash is a bit harsh, a diffuser or warm, natural light and no flash would help.
ok.thanks for your advice..
btw, i am only using the built in flash, is there any diffuser or something that can make my flash softer?

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
ok.thanks for your advice..
btw, i am only using the built in flash, is there any diffuser or something that can make my flash softer?
Yeah... As discussed in your "Start Early" thread, a single ply of tissue paper or 3M Micropore can help.

Or:

- Cut up a Yakult bottle

- cut up a 35mm film roll canister (the milky white ones)

The last 2 will give you more of a "diffused" effect, but they'll involve some arts and crafts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom