Batteries for FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmymy

Sep 14, 2004
CCK
www.flickr.com
Like to know where you guys get your non-original batteries for FZ20.

Have tried Eastgear & CP. Either no stock or dun hv.

Thks for any reply.

LifeWorld said:
Got mine at AP $28.Made in Japan :mad2: Someone got it $25 at AP too.

thks! maybe go and buy today. hopefully still got stock. :p

the battery from AP is abit flimsy.
also the capacity is 680mAh.
not good enuff. I been to the shop twice to exchange for the faulty battery.

bwilly said:

alamak! just bought it today. didn't see ur post. :(

i also find it funny. i think it took around 1 hr to be fully charged. so much shorter than the original battery. something fishy here.

gonna used it on saturday. c how long it will last.

i think eastgear 1 more reliable but they dun know when stock will come in.

bwilly said:

Oh my oh my. I have not used it yet. Better try it today! :dunno:

Well it took one hour for the first charge for me too. but i suspect the battery is already charged already thus the lesser charging hours. Reason is that after i have discharged the battery once, it took a few hours to be charged the second time. Hope that helps. btw ya i bought my at AP.

Seraphim said:
Well it took one hour for the first charge for me too. but i suspect the battery is already charged already thus the lesser charging hours. Reason is that after i have discharged the battery once, it took a few hours to be charged the second time. Hope that helps. btw ya i bought my at AP.

Yes, now I remember. That guy at AP put the new battery into the FZ20 to test it's working, and it could power-up. I didn't take note how soon it charged. I think it should be ok for this battery.

Completely drained the 3rd party battery today. Lasted about 150 pics only. mostly scenic shots using EVF only. Re-charged it, took 1 hour only!!! Wonder is it really 680mAH.

LifeWorld said:
Completely drained the 3rd party battery today. Lasted about 150 pics only. mostly scenic shots using EVF only. Re-charged it, took 1 hour only!!! Wonder is it really 680mAH.

the battery from AP is kind of loose when fitted to the charger.
You will notice it is easily remove, compare with the original battery where u need to twist abit.

Somehow I believe any shift in the charger may render the battery loose, and charging incomplete.

bwilly said:
the battery from AP is kind of loose when fitted to the charger.
You will notice it is easily remove, compare with the original battery where u need to twist abit.

Somehow I believe any shift in the charger may render the battery loose, and charging incomplete.

Hey thanks. Will do another charge.

buy from sb in sls.
it's 1200mAh.
7.2v
cost $29

coldman said:
buy from sb in sls.
it's 1200mAh.
7.2v
cost $29

If it's 1200Mah as claimed, how long did you take to charge it up on the Panasonic charger? ;p

The original panasonic I used lasted for almost 350 shots (no flash) in about 2 hours.

Charging typically takes 1 to 2 hours at most.

I wonder if it's possible to do a comparato between the SB battery and the EastGear one (and maybe even the AP one)? That'll advise all Pana user which 3rd party batteries are the most reliable and value for money.

On the surface, it seems the SB one is most value-for-money since it's 1200mh for $29, compared to Eastgear's 800mh for $35.

coldman said:
buy from sb in sls.
it's 1200mAh.
7.2v
cost $29

Coldman, how long to charge your 1200mah battery and approximately how many shots can you take with it? ;p

Zenten said:
Coldman, how long to charge your 1200mah battery and approximately how many shots can you take with it? ;p

:embrass: for mine, around 1 hour charging, didn't count how many pic it can take, but roughtly as long as the original battery, maybe more.
:eek: one thing to note, you can still take many picture with the 3rd party battery even if the battery bar show empty.

go to the lvl 2 shop, more friendlyer. ;)

hmm shouldn't all Li-On batteries first charge be 8-12 hours? That's what i usually do when i buy rechargable batteries.

Peace!!

deathgame said:
hmm shouldn't all Li-On batteries first charge be 8-12 hours? That's what i usually do when i buy rechargable batteries.

Peace!!
Each charge, abt 2 hrs (original), the led light goes off. Does it still charge? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.