Batteries for FZ20


Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmymy

New Member
Sep 14, 2004
302
0
0
CCK
www.flickr.com
#1
Like to know where you guys get your non-original batteries for FZ20.

Have tried Eastgear & CP. Either no stock or dun hv.

Thks for any reply.
 

bwilly

New Member
Aug 28, 2004
1,841
0
0
45
Woodlands
www.markkhor.com
#4
the battery from AP is abit flimsy.
also the capacity is 680mAh.
not good enuff. I been to the shop twice to exchange for the faulty battery.
 

ohmymy

New Member
Sep 14, 2004
302
0
0
CCK
www.flickr.com
#5
bwilly said:
the battery from AP is abit flimsy.
also the capacity is 680mAh.
not good enuff. I been to the shop twice to exchange for the faulty battery.
alamak! just bought it today. didn't see ur post. :(

i also find it funny. i think it took around 1 hr to be fully charged. so much shorter than the original battery. something fishy here.

gonna used it on saturday. c how long it will last.

i think eastgear 1 more reliable but they dun know when stock will come in.
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
0
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
#6
bwilly said:
the battery from AP is abit flimsy.
also the capacity is 680mAh.
not good enuff. I been to the shop twice to exchange for the faulty battery.
Oh my oh my. I have not used it yet. Better try it today! :dunno:
 

Jul 28, 2004
338
0
16
West
#7
Well it took one hour for the first charge for me too. but i suspect the battery is already charged already thus the lesser charging hours. Reason is that after i have discharged the battery once, it took a few hours to be charged the second time. Hope that helps. btw ya i bought my at AP.
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
0
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
#8
Seraphim said:
Well it took one hour for the first charge for me too. but i suspect the battery is already charged already thus the lesser charging hours. Reason is that after i have discharged the battery once, it took a few hours to be charged the second time. Hope that helps. btw ya i bought my at AP.
Yes, now I remember. That guy at AP put the new battery into the FZ20 to test it's working, and it could power-up. I didn't take note how soon it charged. I think it should be ok for this battery.
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
0
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
#9
Completely drained the 3rd party battery today. Lasted about 150 pics only. mostly scenic shots using EVF only. Re-charged it, took 1 hour only!!! Wonder is it really 680mAH.
 

bwilly

New Member
Aug 28, 2004
1,841
0
0
45
Woodlands
www.markkhor.com
#10
LifeWorld said:
Completely drained the 3rd party battery today. Lasted about 150 pics only. mostly scenic shots using EVF only. Re-charged it, took 1 hour only!!! Wonder is it really 680mAH.

the battery from AP is kind of loose when fitted to the charger.
You will notice it is easily remove, compare with the original battery where u need to twist abit.

Somehow I believe any shift in the charger may render the battery loose, and charging incomplete.
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
0
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
#11
bwilly said:
the battery from AP is kind of loose when fitted to the charger.
You will notice it is easily remove, compare with the original battery where u need to twist abit.

Somehow I believe any shift in the charger may render the battery loose, and charging incomplete.
Hey thanks. Will do another charge.
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#14
coldman said:
buy from sb in sls.
it's 1200mAh.
7.2v
cost $29
If it's 1200Mah as claimed, how long did you take to charge it up on the Panasonic charger? ;p
 

Jan 6, 2003
214
1
0
Visit site
#15
The original panasonic I used lasted for almost 350 shots (no flash) in about 2 hours.

Charging typically takes 1 to 2 hours at most.
 

feryl

New Member
Jan 7, 2003
254
0
0
Visit site
#16
I wonder if it's possible to do a comparato between the SB battery and the EastGear one (and maybe even the AP one)? That'll advise all Pana user which 3rd party batteries are the most reliable and value for money.

On the surface, it seems the SB one is most value-for-money since it's 1200mh for $29, compared to Eastgear's 800mh for $35.
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#17
coldman said:
buy from sb in sls.
it's 1200mAh.
7.2v
cost $29
Coldman, how long to charge your 1200mah battery and approximately how many shots can you take with it? ;p
 

coldman

New Member
May 12, 2004
315
0
0
43
my house
#18
Zenten said:
Coldman, how long to charge your 1200mah battery and approximately how many shots can you take with it? ;p
:embrass: for mine, around 1 hour charging, didn't count how many pic it can take, but roughtly as long as the original battery, maybe more.
:eek: one thing to note, you can still take many picture with the 3rd party battery even if the battery bar show empty.

go to the lvl 2 shop, more friendlyer. ;)
 

deathgame

New Member
Jun 10, 2004
116
0
0
37
Right here
#19
hmm shouldn't all Li-On batteries first charge be 8-12 hours? That's what i usually do when i buy rechargable batteries.

Peace!!
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
0
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
#20
deathgame said:
hmm shouldn't all Li-On batteries first charge be 8-12 hours? That's what i usually do when i buy rechargable batteries.

Peace!!
Each charge, abt 2 hrs (original), the led light goes off. Does it still charge? :think:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom