Badly exposured film pictures - something happened during processing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

Apr 8, 2005
Hi guys,

I got whole rolls badly exposured after got back scanning in shop, i developed it in another shop.

i was using a manual camera and what puzzle me is what is wrong and it seems all are underexposure and with some green water mark..

just wonder is it because something went wrong during development with chemical? or the negative film was a bad film?

here are few picture..i think whole roll is same..and the shop who had scanned it actually just 'picked' few pictures to scan..but i look at the negative..whole roll is same problem.

click to enlarge them..thanks.

What's the film? Is it expired? Conditions it was kept? Did you check your film upon collecting at the developing shop? Were the other rolls exposed at around the same exposure or different? How sure of your exposure are you, could underexposure be your fault? Did you accidently expose your film to light before developing? When was the last time you shot using the same camera body and lense and everything came out fine?

before/after rolls of this roll are all okay..i have thought about an expired or bad negative film..but doesn't seem like.. i had thought about is it i choose the wrong ASA..but even i did so, i notice that shop will still make it ok, just with more noise..

I wonder what are those wave alike pattern? like dye mark of chemical..

Head back to the shop for an explaination. Then go to a more reputable shop and ask for a 2nd opinion.

this is a fault at the processing stage. To confirm, check the "gap" between 2 frames of exposure. I have a feeling that the ctr. streak is unbroken throughout. Saw this while I was still doing darkroom work.

Hi guys,

I got whole rolls badly exposured after got back scanning in shop, i developed it in another shop.

i was using a manual camera and what puzzle me is what is wrong and it seems all are underexposure and with some green water mark..

just wonder is it because something went wrong during development with chemical? or the negative film was a bad film?

here are few picture..i think whole roll is same..and the shop who had scanned it actually just 'picked' few pictures to scan..but i look at the negative..whole roll is same problem.

click to enlarge them..thanks.

Yes.. they screwed it during processing.. The chemicals didn't cover the film evenly. The film probably just skimmed on the surface of the chemical so either the development is uneven, or the bleach-fix did not neutralize the developer completely (which seems more likely to be the case).

wah..ha, ok since at least i know now it is processing problem.. i did it at quite reputable shop i think.

I am no idea then how come all photo comes out under exposure..

i got it scanned 2 months ago..and only scan it recently.. see if i still can find any proof then go and ask for ..even an unexposed film ha..

wah..ha, ok since at least i know now it is processing problem.. i did it at quite reputable shop i think.

i got it scanned 2 months ago..and only scan it recently.. see if i still can find any proof then go and ask for ..even an unexposed film ha..

I think you may want to save your time to go back to them to ask for anything. Usually this kind of things have to be bought up to their attention on the spot. If not than you have to prove that this roll of film is processed at their place. They'll not just take your word for it as this will affect their raputation.

Oh.. my bad.. these are already the positives... Then it looks like the developer, not the beach-fix as I initially thought it was. So on your negatives the centre portion is lighter? Was it already like that when you got it back from the lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.