Bad experience with Pgs on step ladders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's make it this way, why not if next tm any CSer come across such inconsiderate pgs..shoot them instead and start a thread of discussion..;p:bsmilie:

yes please, shoot their face and post here.

also, those shopping center/event organiser shouldn't allow step ladders to bring it. ladder is for work( electrical work, painting, lighting fixing..and etc...).

those step ladder photographer purpose is to shoot the model, upload to laptop, bring it to toilet and do that "you know what"...

Let's make it this way, why not if next tm any CSer come across such inconsiderate pgs..shoot them instead and start a thread of discussion..;p:bsmilie:

remember to either blank out the face or put a strip across the eye so as not to make the person so "readily identifiable. This will make the thread less controversial.

yes please, shoot their face and post here.

also, those shopping center/event organiser shouldn't allow step ladders to bring it. ladder is for work( electrical work, painting, lighting fixing..and etc...).

those step ladder photographer purpose is to shoot the model, upload to laptop, bring it to toilet and do that "you know what"...

well. depends. personally i'm happy if i see a pg with a stepladder. those who dun shoot event often, will not get that kind of pain and anguish that we face when we shoot. there is a limit to how much a pg can be blocked. especially when i'm on official shoots with the organiser, i hate it most when ppl block me, cause i'm an official photographer. stepladder is the most effective way to get my shots, whether u like it or not. i need the photos more than u do at the very least:bsmilie: npnt

remember. ppl wont bring ladders for fun. 99% of the time is they are on work purposes. if i'm on work, i believe my ricebowl is more impt than ur viewing pleasure. not happy just stand beside or something. dun stand behind me =.=

Last edited:
but i don't think the ladder gang does it for work purposes though, maybe for their portfolio, but not for the event.

but i don't think the ladder gang does it for work purposes though, maybe for their portfolio, but not for the event.

tat begets the second question, why are people standing behind a guy wiht a step ladder?:cool:

huh? you mean the guy with the step ladder is the official photographer?

to share something, during a recent event @ bugis, photogs with step ladders are not at the 2nd or 3rd row, but right smack in the first row, directly behind the barricade, aimming down the runway.

the runway is elevated, and i understand that you need a step ladder in order to be LEVEL with the models on the runway, but please don't be an ******* and block the rest of the photogs behind you, it's ain't pleasant trying to get a photo through a hole in someone's armpit or between someone's legs.

huh? you mean the guy with the step ladder is the official photographer?

the ones i met at tiong with stepladders happen to all deck a necktag saying "official photographers"

to share something, during a recent event @ bugis, photogs with step ladders are not at the 2nd or 3rd row, but right smack in the first row, directly behind the barricade, aimming down the runway.

the runway is elevated, and i understand that you need a step ladder in order to be LEVEL with the models on the runway, but please don't be an ******* and block the rest of the photogs behind you, it's ain't pleasant trying to get a photo through a hole in someone's armpit or between someone's legs.

well. if ur working, and the rest are hobbist, i believe shld let those earn moneyone do their job first. its not easy for them u know:cry:

GPGT.

Here it is, from my iphone :bsmilie:

25237_383130979012_651119012_3977161_4470411_n.jpg

u need a group photo and head shot of individual to be posted on stomp

the ones i met at tiong with stepladders happen to all deck a necktag saying "official photographers"
i think official ones are ok, since its their rice bowl. but outside that, its public area, so i think its better to be considerate.

GPGT.

Here it is, from my iphone :bsmilie:

25237_383130979012_651119012_3977161_4470411_n.jpg

thank god u got the photo.
do realise that space between pg and the stall behind is minimal. they arent blocking anyone:dunno:
i estimate at most 2*4 abt 8 ppl can squeeze between them and the stall.
since they are at a place where they block the most minimal no of ppl, i think its fine

Last edited:
do realise that space between pg and the stall behind is minimal. they arent blocking anyone:dunno:
since they are at a place where they block the most minimal no of ppl, i think its fine
they do this at the recent fashion shows at Vivo and The Central as well, and there are tons of space behind them.....

Last edited:

nah i'm not complaining, i'm not even shooting the event. I only go to these events to take pics of LGs becos they are so cool with the ladder. :lovegrin:

well. if ur working, and the rest are hobbist, i believe shld let those earn moneyone do their job first. its not easy for them u know:cry:

There is always a fine line even for official photographers. They should do their job with minimal distraction to the performers (or models in this case) and audience.

Think about this: Should taxi drivers always have the right of way? :dunno:

tat begets the second question, why are people standing behind a guy wiht a step ladder?:cool:

By your comments it seems you are one of those that carries your ladder wherever you go be it official or not! By your comments you seem to think that official photog is like "king" ! By your above comment you seem to think that those standing behind the pgs on step ladders are idiots! By your comments you seem to think that ppl shud give way to you just bcos you are trying to make some money!

I've been to an event once when i havent even pick up photography and was carrying my daughter on my arms standing abt 3 rows behind. All of a sudden when the show was abt to begin...these few pgs in the front suddenly stepped up on thier ladders/stools and my daughter was like so disappointed and by then it's so crowded that we cant change position. If they were already on ladders, you think i will be so stupid to stand behind them?

BTW FYI the space behind those LGs were almost empty @ the Vivo show bcos of these inconsiderate pgs. I think if i come across such incidents again, i will approach the organisers and voice my discontent immediately. I'm sure ppl organize these shows for the public to see and not for their official pgs to take photos.

I shud have taken a pic of those LGs and sent them to the organisers!

That's only 1 of the events that these Ladder Gang people are found. Almost every single event, these people will be seen with their ladders and monopods. It's irritating to say the least. The next time i see those same group of people blocking everyone behind them, i'm going to take a high res photo and post their faces on stomp for the whole world to see.

Take the last MWS at eastpoint for eg. There's a barricade around the stage area. Official PGs should be roaming freely all over the place inside the blocked area. Even if they stand on ladders inside the restricted zone, I guess most pple have no issues with that.

Now, the public stands outside the restricted zone. If anyone stands on a ladder at the very first row and block those behind, then they deserve to be shot. (with camera, that is)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.