Bad English Annoying phrases

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's make good and bad English? Don't you understand though sound wrong to you.

Language has ever been evolving..how ready are you to accept a change?

I replyed here to showed you a examples of an bad english here.

Say thank you very much, people complaint annoyed. Don't say thank you, people complaint no manners. I need to take my Panadol extra :bsmilie:

thank you very much has a negative connotation - like mind your own business :think:

I think it really depends on how it is said; I would say for me the default certainly is to take it at face value rather than to imply sarcasm in the intent.

In fact come to think of it I almost certainly never think of it negatively unless there is a clear sarcastic tone.

I think it really depends on how it is said; I would say for me the default certainly is to take it at face value rather than to imply sarcasm in the intent.

In fact come to think of it I almost certainly never think of it negatively unless there is a clear sarcastic tone.

very much - how much is the very much.:think:

How is your goldfish doing?
It died last week.
Sorry to hear that.
OK, what do you mean sorry, you hypocrite. :think:

In the end, it depends on how you decides to interpret those words. In the forum, you are just text, icons and pictures. The same response from different people means differently. So try not to nick pick on the sentence when the true value lies with the meaning of the heart.

E.g, when someone step on your leg accidentally and says sorry, it is just a common courtesy to tell you he/she is aware of the mistake and apologies for it.

When the salesperson says thank you, it is an appreciation for support.

When you colleague says thank you, it is just a common response. Nothing more bec you are paid to work, just like "how are you today". Nothing more.

When you spouse says thank you. You need to be suspicious. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
"Can you re-confirm again?" :sweat:

Am slightly confused.
Who is Bad English and why is it annoying 'phrases'?

Status
Not open for further replies.