Bad English Annoying phrases

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank you so much"

Yuks....

Just say:
"Thank You"

Well I see nothing wrong with that.. its how we were bought up to respect people.

Just like some countries, we say Yes, but they can say Yes Sir, or Yes Madam.

Its a lot better than sometimes having to listern to the so called written / spoken Singlish here in Singapore.

Look in the threads in this forrm and the many replies how much short form is there ....

and you are complaining about someone saying Thank You very Much.

Should one not be worried about how people are talking and writing today. Seems everyone wants to condense to the shortest form possible.

Cheers ....

FeR FeKs SaKe I Dun UnNeRStaNd wAt D PloRbLuM iS Wid Me EnGrLiSh, I wUz tOrT aT A GuD SkEwL N I ToK pUrFeK EnGrLiSh. YoUsE GuYs Ar So Ful Of iT wItT YeR EdUkAtIoRn It M a GaDuaTe Fr@M a UnIvRsiTiE TwO u NoE!!!!! ;) NaI

FeR FeKs SaKe I Dun UnNeRStaNd wAt D PloRbLuM iS Wid Me EnGrLiSh, I wUz tOrT aT A GuD SkEwL N I ToK pUrFeK EnGrLiSh. YoUsE GuYs Ar So Ful Of iT wItT YeR EdUkAtIoRn It M a GaDuaTe Fr@M a UnIvRsiTiE TwO u NoE!!!!! ;) NaI

oh my tian this has been overdone like mad.. you want something more natural and with more cutesy little symbols.

4 @#%&'s SakE, i d0nCh uNdeRstanD w0t pRobLeM eU hAf wiF mOi~ eNgLisH

i cOmE frOm gD sCh00L & mAi eNgLisH vErI g00t~~ keke~~

etc

oh my tian this has been overdone like mad.. you want something more natural and with more cutesy little symbols.

4 @#%&'s SakE, i d0nCh uNdeRstanD w0t pRobLeM eU hAf wiF mOi~ eNgLisH

i cOmE frOm gD sCh00L & mAi eNgLisH vErI g00t~~ keke~~

etc

►►► Ŷëş ū ĐØ Ñèëď ɱȫɤǝ șɣɱЪѳᶅϨ ◄◄◄

Gets out knife and slits own throat, !#@@ hate UpPa lOwA KaSe KraP...

Now for some English expressions I detest:

"Y'all have a nice day now ya hear..."
"I done wrong"
"Hoe"
"You wanna supersize that?"
"A negative reduction ... WTF???
"Downsizing .. what ever happened to plain "reducing"

and finally my absolute pet hate...

..."experiencing a period of negative growth"

Last edited:
►►► Ŷëş ū ĐØ Ñèëď ɱȫɤǝ șɣɱЪѳᶅϨ ◄◄◄

Gets out knife and slits own throat, !#@@ hate UpPa lOwA KaSe KraP...

you win!!!!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

wow...some of the phrases alluded to is not wrong. that is quite polite. instead of the colloquial 'thanx' we have 'thank you very much' or 'thank you so very much' or 'thank you SO so much'...btw, the last one is very sarcastic...lol.

how about "irregardless"? :dunno:

some times we utter 'Thanks Thanks Thanks' to show our appreciation... maybe a 'Thank you so much for your assistance' is good enough...

it is very wrong to use "thank you so much" as it implies that you are thanking whoever a percentage lesser than 100%. :think:

it is very wrong to use "thank you so much" as it implies that you are thanking whoever a percentage lesser than 100%. :think:

oh ya, Thank you very much ;)

The most annoying English phrase:

Google is your best friend.

;)

oh ya, Thank you very much ;)

thank you very much has a negative connotation - like mind your own business :think:

It doesn't work well in Japan. ありがとうございますがいいです。

i prefer どうも myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.