Backpack

LArdius

Feb 2, 2009
Singapore
I'm looking for a backpack, those haversack kind. I was looking at bagman BP02-A01M and maybe Lowepro fastpack series.

I'm really on a tight budget now and I dont know much about bags.

Anyone can recommend me something not too expensive? and what about the prices of the bags listed above? I'm clueless.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Brother LArdius ...

Since you own a 50D, I'm sure you are resourceful enough to go to camera shops to do comparative shopping first ...

Personally, it turns off people when you ask a question that you can find the answer for yourself ... Hope you aren't offended.

Cheers!

Well, my question was also on which type to get? I don't own any currently, so I dont really know about the pros and cons of each brand.

Its whether you have any recommendations for me! :bsmilie:

For bags there are too many types and configuration.

So much variety that we can't possibly gauge what you will like. Your best bet is to go into a store and try them out. :dunno:

Its whether you have any recommendations for me! :bsmilie:

If you ask me to recommend, I'd recommend one that can be hung off a wheelchair, cos that's what I'm using .. but is that the right one for you? Don't be a lemming, somethings you have to go figure out for yourself ... that's how little bird chicks learn how to fly, young one.

Cheers.

Maybe people can specify the different designs that are out there?

Personally, I have seen backpacks that have side zips to take out your camera more conveniently. Some backpacks are splitted into halves. Bottom for camera and lenses and top for other stuff. Come comes in two versions - one with laptop compartment and the other without. Previously was using Lowepro Rover II. Find it rather troublesome to take out the camera whenever you need you it. Ended up changing to a shoulder carried bag - lowepro stealth reporter.

At the end of the day, it depends on what you really need. Buy one and try.

the fastpack bags have good back support and distributes the weight evenly. one thing though, the cushions arent really adjustable because the interiors aren't completely lined with velcro. hope this helps

If you ask me to recommend, I'd recommend one that can be hung off a wheelchair, cos that's what I'm using .. but is that the right one for you? Don't be a lemming, somethings you have to go figure out for yourself ... that's how little bird chicks learn how to fly, young one.

Cheers.

cut TS some slack... why are you picking on him or his words? you can CHOOSE not to reply if you think what TS is asking is redundant...

I personally would recommend the fastpack 100-200 series . Its absolutely powerful with the side opening . You can whip out your camera rather quickly when you're outside . Adding on , it also has a top compartment where you can put your own stuffs which make this backpack perfect for travelling . Its my opinion , you still have to decide on your own .

FP100 - $90
FP200 - $125

A second hand fastpack 100/200 in mint condition will be good.
But what lenses do you have? And what purpose do you want your backpack to serve? Transport purpose/Event coverage/Travel purpose etc etc. Buying a bag for your camera is as hard as buying the camera itself.
Personally, i'm using Crumpler's 6 million dollar home as it is small and easy to access for events.

:)

After long consideration, I've decided to go for the Fastpack, as a few of the helpful CSers mentioned, its really convenient in the area of taking the camera out quickly, weight distribution and all of that.

Thanks all! :bsmilie:

Last edited: