B+W 093 IR filter with D300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ominblue

Jun 23, 2007
Jurong West
prelaunch.sg
Hi does anybody own the above?
Just wanna check if buy this filter, will it be effective for D300?

Cheers...
:D:D:D

Hi does anybody own the above?
Just wanna check if buy this filter, will it be effective for D300?

Cheers...
:D:D:D

Before you venture into the B+W 093, I would strongly suggest that you test out your D300 with an Hoya R72 or B+W 092. The D300's IR cut filter is pretty strong. If you have difficulties with the lower rated R72 and 092, you can bet that it'll be even more difficult with the 093.

Cheers

Before you venture into the B+W 093, I would strongly suggest that you test out your D300 with an Hoya R72 or B+W 092. The D300's IR cut filter is pretty strong. If you have difficulties with the lower rated R72 and 092, you can bet that it'll be even more difficult with the 093.

Cheers

I dun get you quite well as i had low knowledge abt IR filters.
What is the diff between 093 to 092 n R72?

Cheers.:D:D:D

I dun get you quite well as i had low knowledge abt IR filters.
What is the diff between 093 to 092 n R72?

Cheers.:D:D:D

They cut off light at different wavelengths.

Both the B+W 092 and Hoya R72 allow some small amounts of visible light (red that is) to pass through the filter, giving you digital photos that are tinted with red. If channel swaps are done on these photos, assuming you set your WB properly, you'll get the typical blue-sky-white-trees effect.

The B+W 093 on the other hand cuts off the entire visible spectrum, resulting in black and white photos. However, as it cuts of a fair amout of the near-infrared spectrum too, you'd have to expect ultra long exposures on the D300, which may make capturing your shots difficult; as it is, it is already difficult to capture IR shots on the D300 using the R72.

Cheers

Hi Deadpixel,

Do you have any experience with B+W 099? I am considering to buy a 77mm IR filter. I have the HOYA R72 67mm, but the lenses I use now are all 77mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.