Availibility of D800 in Singapore (Part 2)

hey there,im new here:) in need of help,im interested in dslr but im not in model,but i wanna purchased as a beginner,is there anyone selling cheap prices for any dslr?:)

get pentax k01, k30, or d3200 or sony alpha a57 ... if not get a oly pl3 or pana gx1

would like to personally thank ivan for the great help to fellow csmembers thanks alot

did you get it at a good price? 4048?

Any help in getting a set 800 or 800e at good price? :/ from starting the first thread till now the second thread.. I have not get my hand on one of it..

Try to contact People's Audio and look for Jason. Probably he can get you a stock. I bought mine at 4.2K sgd last month. Good luck
Any help in getting a set 800 or 800e at good price? :/ from starting the first thread till now the second thread.. I have not get my hand on one of it..

I was quote $4.2k from Chow Yin @ Edison SLS.

tk have stocks (for people on waiting list) but still at retail price... and i declined the offer.

Got a call from TK Foto, that they have stock of the D800 and am on que on this. Turn it down, because got mine a month ago from another store. Price still 4488.

burboy said:
a fall yes... but below 4K? that would be 1 years time...

Just sharing my copy is bought from JB at only $3894 cash & carry.

After got my set and the boss said to be increased the price tag.
Cause too many ppls for pre-order already.

Just tried your luck to be have a set :)

Last edited:
a fall yes... but below 4K? that would be 1 years time...

I doubt so. Price will be below 4K before year end.

The reason why the price is still that high is because of the shortage of supply partially due to the coming Olympic. Other countries already selling less than 4K so I don't think price will still be that high coming months.

Jeremy1 said:
I doubt so. Price will be below 4K before year end.

The reason why the price is still that high is because of the shortage of supply partially due to the coming Olympic. Other countries already selling less than 4K so I don't think price will still be that high coming months.

If you mean for consumer, yes. But the pros that are shooting for Olympic had already the cameras they need by April. No pro will risk bringing a new untested, ur familiarized gear to a big event to shoot.

These enthusiastic pros already playing with their D800 & D4

Hmmm... my friend is going US. wondering if they have the stock there...

If the rumour of D600 is true, price of D800 can NEVER stay at RRP!