Availability of Nikon D800 in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
theRBK said:
the CEO would project a large image on a projector, with a huge bank of photographers covering Olympics events and Euro 2012, all using Nikon cameras... cause they pushed out the D4 along with the D800 in time for both events, and have priority delivered those cameras to those pros... :bsmilie:

Actually 1DmX is very late to be available in June. Plus need to iron out teething issues. Doubt it will be that ready for Olympics in July. But Nikon forgot those without 1DmX will most likely use 5Dm3. So this large image will still have a lot of white lens I reckon. Afterall 5Dm3 is a mini 1DmX and not like 5Dm2.

I don't think it would be a direct order from Nikon JP but more probably that Nikon SG want to boost their P&S sales that's why they came up with this strategy after knowing how popullar is the D800/E and a lot of people is looking for it.

I take example of USA & Europe, if it was nikon JP request their would have been same issue in the other launch countries as well

N JP won't be that stupid. It's bad marketing.

Actually 1DmX is very late to be available in June. Plus need to iron out teething issues. Doubt it will be that ready for Olympics in July. But Nikon forgot those without 1DmX will most likely use 5Dm3. So this large image will still have a lot of white lens I reckon. Afterall 5Dm3 is a mini 1DmX and not like 5Dm2.

We'll see. 5D MKIII quite ample in stocks.

if everyone goes to the same few shops to buy then most likely it will be sold out. Since the price difference is not much, why not try other shops?
call them up first

that's probably one of the reasons why Canon decided to push the 5DmkIII out so quickly... well, Nikon is an Olympics official sponsor, and if got camera and (more importantly) lens sponsor, will you want to spend your own money?... and for people sticking with Canon at those games, I would think they would rather have their 1DmkIV anyways, with maybe 5DmkIII as backup :)

I tried my 24 mm D lens on D800. It looks really bad. The 24-70 looks sharp enough. Looks like the only way to go is to use G lenses w the new system... Is there a list some where?

Go check nikon's site there was a document on how to best use the D800 within there I think there were a list of lens. I suspect the lens that work best will be the latter generation the so call redesigned for digital. Any inaccuracies in focusing will now show up big time but when you get it right it heaven. That was the feel I got testing the camera at NRC.

Shortage of the D800 is world wide even in USA there are waiting lists long long. I suspect the same is in China. USA and China should be the 2 largest markets any technoproduct company has. Wait cultivate patience and let them debug the camera before you buy.

Go check nikon's site there was a document on how to best use the D800 within there I think there were a list of lens. I suspect the lens that work best will be the latter generation the so call redesigned for digital. Any inaccuracies in focusing will now show up big time but when you get it right it heaven. That was the feel I got testing the camera at NRC.

Shortage of the D800 is world wide even in USA there are waiting lists long long. I suspect the same is in China. USA and China should be the 2 largest markets any technoproduct company has. Wait cultivate patience and let them debug the camera before you buy.

and maybe they will the drop the price too ....

AS mentioned.. dun know the details on the agreement.. can only comment that if those were true.. it does not make business sense. In any case, just wait and wait and wait loh.

just got my d800 from courts clementi. RRP but had vouchers to offset the pain... find Calvin, he may be able to help procure. i had to ask him to order one set for me 3 days ago and just nice one came in today.

just got my d800 from courts clementi. RRP but had vouchers to offset the pain... find Calvin, he may be able to help procure. i had to ask him to order one set for me 3 days ago and just nice one came in today.

How much and any free gifts, bro ? and how much is the vouchers ?

congrats man! this is machiam like a treasure hunt liddat, go round sg to hunt for a d800.....

i believe he has Courts Voucher to offset the pain. not Courts give him voucher to offset.

That's what I think so too ........

i believe he has Courts Voucher to offset the pain. not Courts give him voucher to offset.

indeed. no freebie, but a goodwill small nikon bag.

RRP...

you must REALLY want a D800 :)

dniwkh said:
RRP...

you must REALLY want a D800 :)

Hopefully he got more than 200sgd worth of voucher hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.