At the cross..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaoken

Deregistered
3986110369_0c51eccc9f_o.jpg

This shot is taken using film.

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
I would like to seek feedback on my composition.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I want to show that the man is trying to cross the road in a rush/faster pace.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I took think photo when I was doing some street photography.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think that I managed to capture a motion blur of the man and the other around him not blurred to depict he is more of in a hurry.

i love this photo, the angle is very nice. there is an invisible diagonal leading line between the first guy and the lady in front and the triangles of their stride are so in sync. very nice.

the light through the foliage creates selective bright organic spots, nice nice. sorry i don't know how to critique a photo.
as for the fast pace and motion blur, not very evident here, i think those panned longer exposure would be more obvious or just longer exposure.
i like it the way it is with paragon is still so see through back then with the scaffolding and wraps and the tree at the end.

hmm i think the photo could be a bit better with tighter cropping, or if you put the man you are talking about on one of the rule of 1/3s lines... :)

Just so happens that the man, woman and the man in the bg walking in opp direction are on the same plane - really nice use of lines.

i love this photo, the angle is very nice. there is an invisible diagonal leading line between the first guy and the lady in front and the triangles of their stride are so in sync. very nice.

the light through the foliage creates selective bright organic spots, nice nice. sorry i don't know how to critique a photo.
as for the fast pace and motion blur, not very evident here, i think those panned longer exposure would be more obvious or just longer exposure.
i like it the way it is with paragon is still so see through back then with the scaffolding and wraps and the tree at the end.

Thanks!
I standby at the pavement and waited quite some time before I took this shot. ;)

hmm i think the photo could be a bit better with tighter cropping, or if you put the man you are talking about on one of the rule of 1/3s lines... :)

I planned to place the man on the focusing points in the rules-of-thirds. That is why I need the bigger area to frame it.

Just so happens that the man, woman and the man in the bg walking in opp direction are on the same plane - really nice use of lines.

Haha! Just coincidental, didn't notice that until you mentioned. :bsmilie:

Agree with the comment that a tighter crop (e.g. crop out the large patch of road) to enlarge the subject's presence in the frame.

Not sure what rule of thirds you are talking about but it feels a bit unbalanced to me.

I downloaded the picture and removed the tilt... seems to work better for me that way.

Sense of motion is not very strong here... maybe try panning or include things that emphasize motion e.g. sleeves/tie getting blown by the wind

Status
Not open for further replies.