Asian Geographic Photography Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm seems like i need to pay by online. Can i pay by normal COD way if i submit by hand? if i wll to submit online, and if i want to change pictures , can i do that b4 the dateline comes?

You have to pay online. Please refer to the website for more information.

Felix

hmm seems like i need to pay by online. Can i pay by normal COD way if i submit by hand? if i wll to submit online, and if i want to change pictures , can i do that b4 the dateline comes?

I hope all of you came back from your holiday breaks with some amazing shots. If you like to do more with them then just having them sitting on your laptop?... the deadline for this years "Asia Without Borders" contest is nearing.

Some great prices are to win this year. Asian Geographic is looking forward to see your shots.

There is no direct relation to National Geographic, as rightly pointed out. Asian Geographic is celebrating its 10th year currently, with a growing magazine variety and a worldwide audience.

There are now 3 weeks left in this contest. Remember there are not only prizes to win, but winners and finalists will be exhibited in the Arts House in Singapore and winners and some of the best images will be printed in the Photo Annual. There will also be live judging be held in Singapore on the 16th of October.

So plenty to come after the deadline on the 30th of September.

i think i will bookmark this, very interested to join :D

just checking, can I send like a split 6 photos to two different categories, or a mix of 3 respectively?

Last edited:
Please refer to teh support pages of AWB for this kind of questions, cause thats where we collect and answer all this questions.

From what i know its not a problem.

Rgds

felix

just checking, can I send like a split 6 photos to two different categories, or a mix of 3 respectively?

Please refer to teh support pages of AWB for this kind of questions, cause thats where we collect and answer all this questions.

From what i know its not a problem.

Rgds

felix

Hi Felix, are you referring to the FAQ pages? I did not find anything on this. Will continue to search...

If its not on the F&Q, then check the blog and the general rules. If not there you can write to the support email on the AWB.

I dont always check here on clubsnap, thats the reason.

But, yes.. you can enter the images in different categories.

felix

Hi Felix,
payment matter, in the step 2 after registration, although they mention can pay by paypal but there is no link how to use the paypal to pay? very confuse?

Hey there,

Seems not possible to me,

as we have every day entries coming in through that system.

try slowly step by step again.

if you still have problems, contact support on the www directly.

Our software guy will then respond.

Good luck

felix

Hi Felix,
payment matter, in the step 2 after registration, although they mention can pay by paypal but there is no link how to use the paypal to pay? very confuse?

Ok,

i think I know what went wrong.

You have to click on the red button in step two. It says PAY NOW.

the paypal flag below that is just the indication that paypal will be excepted.

hope that works now.

rgds

felix

Hi Felix,

tic tac, tic tac... the last weekend to enter, only five days left. Finalists will be announced on the 8th of October by email and on the website.

i am a little confused,

the old website wrote

ENTRY FORM AND SUBMISSION
The ASIAN Geographic 2009 "Asia Without Borders" photo competition is free to enter. Each contestant may enter any or all of the FOUR (4) categories, but is limited to a maximum of ONE (1) image submission per category.

All entries must be received before the deadline date of 30 September 2009. Please print out the entry form, making sure to fill out all applicable questions. Photo submissions accompanied by an incomplete form will be disqualified.

Attach the entry form with your CD/DVDs and send the package to:

Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd
[Asia Without Borders 2009 Photo Competition]
No.1 Syed Alwi Road #06-01,
Song Lin Building Singapore 207628.

and now when i go to the new website where i need to pay before uploading, i do not really do that, can i go by the old website method??? because i dont have visa etc.

2) If i go by the new method, the 3 steps way and online method, do i need to send a dvd with my images?

Dont tell me the only way to submit is via online where need to pay by visa or others?

gene

In this age of digital pic and broadband, still go by the old-school CD/DVD package and snail mail? It simply make me laugh out loud.

Here is my humble suggestion: fill up a soft copy of the form and attach a small size version of the photo [say max 250kB] to an email adddress. Simple and done in a few clicks.

Only those shortlisted finalists would be requested to submit the full size photo to the organiser.

Don't you think that this is quick, efficient and hassle free for everbody. I am sure the response would be much better.

Hi there,

I'm sorry, but as mentioned before the only way to submit is online and with online payment functions, such as credit card and paypal.

i know this may in a few cases be a problem, but time moves forward and since in our days most imagery is digital this is the most convenient way for all parties.

We realize there may be exceptions, as some countries don't except credit cards. Maybe you have a similar case to make? If thats the case use the support email on the official site and write into us under the support email. We look at each case and will decide if there is a way of solving it.

However remember deadline is on the 30th, so make sure you solve the issue in time.

Please do NOT send entries by email without having it approved by us, as suggested below. They will NOT be included in the contest. Although its correct we look at small resolution files in the first step, they have to come through the automated entry forms.

AWB is sorry for any troubles caused, but we also realize there is no fit all solution.

Best Regards

felix hug

In this age of digital pic and broadband, still go by the old-school CD/DVD package and snail mail? It simply make me laugh out loud.

Here is my humble suggestion: fill up a soft copy of the form and attach a small size version of the photo [say max 250kB] to an email adddress. Simple and done in a few clicks.

Only those shortlisted finalists would be requested to submit the full size photo to the organiser.

Don't you think that this is quick, efficient and hassle free for everbody. I am sure the response would be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.