Aperture 3 with Nik Softwre plugin= Large TIFF file size

RedSuns85

Jun 23, 2009
Purple Line
Hi All,

Whenever I edit the pictures with Aperture on Nik software plugin, it will generate another TIFF (~70MB).

To save spaces,

1) I will need to export to jpeg to desktop
2) import back the jpeg
3) Delete the original TIFF file

It will not be feasible to store all my pictures with TIFF format, is there another better workflow for it ? Pls advice :)

What files are you importing? Why is this TIFF created? There should be a setting to do so. Importing as jpg is a bit pointless, you will lose a lot of details for your work in Aperture.

Plug in with Lightroom tend to do that, which is why I limit the use of plugin. you can try to check if the plugin preferences allows you to have an option to save the file back in jpg. so far, with the exception of Photomatix plugin, all other plugin for Lightroom does the work in 16-bit TIFF, and it automatically save back in 16-bit TIFF, hence the large file size.

Look like there is no way of going around this large file size of TIFF. There is no preference to export to JPEG too .

@Octarine - I am importing Jpeg, uses color efex plugin in aperture. It will generate another TIFF file