Anything to prep for NS Medical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meanie

Dec 29, 2002
Visit site
Will be going for my NS medical checkup on Thursday, wondering if there's anything else I need to know or prepare before I go down? Besides the obvious lar... Will be bringing my PT kit and medical booklet, NRIC etc things already mentioned in the letter.

I fractured my heel a few years back... My records and x-rays are at TTSH. Do I need to ask for them to be released to me or what? Or will the verifying be done by SAF? If I need to do it myself what should be the procedure to follow?

remember to wear boxers instead of briefs.

Originally posted by Clown
remember to wear boxers instead of briefs.

Eh what's the significance of this?

HIee.....

Just be your self....wear a boxer shorts....... . Reveal any medical history or family history....

Don't get youself in trouble by being too gungho...!!!!!!

I used to have recruits/trainees.....looks gungho...but got problems...and wanna go training and endangering themselves...

Regards,
me

Hmm..
Let me give you a walkthrough.. heh!
Went for mine last year.

This is the detailed procedure (may not be in order)
Register at the lobby
1) Take your photo @ the photo studio (make sure that you have a decent hairstyle, this photo will be on your 11B and EZ Link card)

2) Blood test cum urine test.
The guy will give you a urinal strip to pee on to test for something (not sure what it is)

3) Dental x-ray, chest x-ray
4) eyesight test

5)then you will enter the place where you see the MO. There will be a waiting room where you will be asked to strip to your underwear. Your blood pressure will be taken there.

When you see the MO, do tell him your condition, and bring along relevant documents to support. If you are unable to do so, tell them that your documents are @ TTSH.

Then he'll ask you to strip down your boxers and give a cough (no kidding).

6) Try out sizing for your No 3/4, boots/PT shoes size, jockey cap size

7) After that, it's a computerized apitude test (takes around 1 hr odd) to test your physco-motor skills blah blah.

That's all I can remember..
Don't forget your IC, I forgot mine the first time... :embrass:

Wah... sizing of clothes and equipment all done at CMPB already? I got my stuffs in BMT first day.

Glad to know that the regular 'strip and sit there wait' till your turn is still being practised. My time had this 2SG (female) walk pass the whole lot of us in undies, she never blushed nor turned beet red. Probably got used to it.

In army either be the top (officer/occifer) or be the lowest (pte/cpl). So if you want to be the top, try the aptitude good and spend the whole time there figuring out the questions. It sorts of determines your vocations.

If you just want to be the lowest lifeform, then just press the numbers randomly like me and then just finish the test in 5mins.

:D

keng all the way.

:wink:

then become 8-5 clerk/storeman and have time for photography at night. heh heh.

Originally posted by Meanie
Will be going for my NS medical checkup on Thursday, wondering if there's anything else I need to know or prepare before I go down? Besides the obvious lar... Will be bringing my PT kit and medical booklet, NRIC etc things already mentioned in the letter.

I fractured my heel a few years back... My records and x-rays are at TTSH. Do I need to ask for them to be released to me or what? Or will the verifying be done by SAF? If I need to do it myself what should be the procedure to follow?

actually you can bring down the records and x-rays to show the MO... can help get a lower pes status and lobo all the way! :bsmilie:

you will not be gaining anything much during the ns period, so geng 100%. e.g. fracture your legs, get a x-ray and show to the mo during the checkup. these kind of preparation is necessary. if you need chao geng ideas, voice out here and we will help. :dent:

Originally posted by Goldmember
you will not be gaining anything much during the ns period, so geng 100%. e.g. fracture your legs, get a x-ray and show to the mo during the checkup. these kind of preparation is necessary. if you need chao geng ideas, voice out here and we will help. :dent:

Goldmember can use his manfrotto carbon one to help you geng more :bwhat:

Originally posted by Goldmember
you will not be gaining anything much during the ns period, so geng 100%. ... :dent:

hmm..was just wondering, maybe something more positive about NS would put him in a better frame of mind to tackle it? i mean we have all had our share of NS experiences, let the guy decide for himself...

If you are prompted with some questions (during the computerised apitude test) like:

If you see a hill, will you
a) climb over it
b) go around it
C) turn around and walk away.

Answering (A) will increase your chance for leadership roles, and (C) is very likely to reduce the chances of you turning into a officer or 3SG.

Of course the test is NOT the ONLY thing that determines it, your BMT results and the very important the SIT test (or Situation Test) in BMT is also cruical.

It tests your problem solving skills, teamwork and leadership skills by placing you and your "team" in different sort of situations and you have to figure a way to solve it in a certain time frame.

Lastly you will be asked to state if you are a gay or not.

Makes me wonder if a GAY will actually say yes. Especially when they ask you the question after you are in a room full of guys in briefs for hours.

Won't the "GAY" be oogling at the guys in briefs all the while? (makes me shudder at the thought of it)

I wonder if gays are downgraded or exempted from NS?
With the government so "open" about gays nowadays, what if they place all the gays together in a single company?

Who's the unlucky officer going to be in charge of them? or the unlucky sergants?

Originally posted by Meanie

If your fracture was fully recovered, that is, you can now run, jump and do sports...etc

The X-Ray records might not be able to get you a downgrade.

It is possible though they might send you for an X-Ray of the same injury spot again and look at the recent X-Ray to determine if the fracture has healed or is it still affecting you.

Anyway, it is good idea to call up TTSH for a copy of your records (not sure if they will give you the orinigals) to bring along for the checkup.

Originally posted by blizzy
gays serve with the rest. But special bathing time.

Really? Serve with the rest?

Boy, I am glad during my BMT there are no gays in my company.

Originally posted by Winston
Really? Serve with the rest?

Boy, I am glad during my BMT there are no gays in my company.

what makes u think there were no gays ? some are manly. not effeminate. ur section mate could have been............

Eh... Don't say don't have.
CMPB medical centre full of them ok.

I read up the directive on the intranet (too sian in office already), and if my memory is not wrong...

There are 2 classifications (effeminate and gay)

effeminate + gay (homosexual) - immediate PES E
effeminate + not gay (hetrosexual) - PES C

not effeminate + gay - normal combat PES status (A/B), but maybe have special considerations.
not effeminate + not gay (that's us!) - per normal.

But I'm not sure whether there are special considerations given to those non-effeminate + gay batch..
could remember when my platoon was bathing, there was a guy who's *ahem* was turned on.... woah!
I immediately rushed out of the toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.