Anyone switch from Nikon to Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there i bought 450D after one week sold it away, then get D300 and very happy till now:

S5 Pro...:thumbsup: very very good choice... I love my S5 pro .. how i wish i can sleep with it everynight:bsmilie:

True!:thumbsup: the s5pro is quite almost the dream all-in-one camera. Great sensor from fuji plus the wider dynamic range and film simulations, (welcome back velvias and astias!) :D

and a great body and built from nikon. It just needs the compatability to fit canon L USM lenses and it'll be perfect for me!

Hi there i bought 450D after one week sold it away, then get D300 and very happy till now:

hehe I know how it feels holding on to a 450D as compared to the D300... :bsmilie:

But I cant deny that I prefer canon's range of lenses. :confused: But then again, you cant get everything you want cant you? :angel: Unless you've got $$$ :devil: hehe

I am a recent convert from Canon to Nikon. I have been getting a lot of keepers after I have moved to Nikon. NIkon's are definitely better than equivalent Canon's. For example D300 is better than 50D, a D700 is much better than a 5D. D700 is actually much closer to 1DMKIII when you compare the features. So, you are getting more in much less with D700.

But, at the same time, I have been struggling to get any affordable lenses for Nikon. Canon has f/4 lenses which are both lighter and cheaper than f2.8 equivalents. Nikon doesn't have any professional grade f/4. It has started to bite me recently. Just a word of caution.

All the best, with whatever choice you make. :)

Welcome to the dark side!

I was once a canon user too, now a happy Nikonian!

I switched from Canon 40D to Nikon D700...what can I say...the D700 makes the entire shooting process so simple that I get alot more keepers like others mentioned...

1. Nikon CLS is amazing. Like Redsun, we used to shoot together and use china made triggers. but they don't work 100% of the time, adding to our frustrations.
2. I am now able to use my ZF lenses without any adaptors.
3. Ability to use the wonderful range of Nikon Manual Focus range. They are cheap and good.
4. I like Nikon's marketing and product features whereby they trickle down the top range product specs into the mid range product. Like the D300 shares the 51 AF pts and AF/Metering modules as the D3/D700. So far, Canon had kept all the goodies on the 1D/1Ds series.

Within the last 3-4 months, 3 of my kakis had switched from Canon to Nikon, 1 from Sony Alpha to Nikon...surely that tells u something...:)

Switch to the Dark Side, for it is brighter here with the CLS...

haha yeah my only gripe so far to canon is the limitations of its lighting system... was shocked to hear nikon had an inbuilt wireless flash trigger!! omg... but well pretty lazy to switch everything~ hahaa.. enjoy the hobby not the brand? =D

haha yeah my only gripe so far to canon is the limitations of its lighting system... was shocked to hear nikon had an inbuilt wireless flash trigger!! omg... but well pretty lazy to switch everything~ hahaa.. enjoy the hobby not the brand? =D

depends on how much into the hobby one is.

as for flash fotography, make a good guess.

brand/system does play a part.

Hi all, for those who have shifted from being a Canon user to Nikon, can you spare a few minutes to tell me the advantages (or disadvantages) of Nikon DSLRs.

I have a Canon 450D and considering shifting to Nikon D300.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jimmy

When you need to ask, there's no need to shift.

When you need to shift, there's no need to ask.

depends on how much into the hobby one is.

as for flash fotography, make a good guess.

brand/system does play a part.

Agree 100%! :thumbsup:

I am Canon user previously, after long discussion at CS, finally i bought my D300 at MS last night. What i can said

WORTH TO MONEY

If you still hesitate where/which to go, study though forum/internet, thne go to try it and feel it D300, surely you will like it deeply.:)

go luck man!!!
Care to share how much u brought your D300. Actually, i am coming to the dark side. Still considering D700 or D300 or D90. Of course buying D700 is great but at this time of the year, people are fear of jobless so i think should not be buying D700 as i need to save up some money. So left with D300 and D90. Both have almost the same spec. That why now need to do some research.:)

only concern for Nikon is a quite few of the prime do not have AFS version yet (hopefully),
where as Canons' mostly USM.

Care to share how much u brought your D300. Actually, i am coming to the dark side. Still considering D700 or D300 or D90. Of course buying D700 is great but at this time of the year, people are fear of jobless so i think should not be buying D700 as i need to save up some money. So left with D300 and D90. Both have almost the same spec. That why now need to do some research.:)

Buy D300 if u intend to use non-CPU lenses and want the higher fps. IMHO, i would get a 2nd hand D300 from CS B&S section instead of getting a new D90. The price difference is probably 300-400 (D90 new body: 1.3-1.4k, D300 used: 1.6-1.7k) but u get a better camera in terms of the AF & metering modules. :)

only concern for Nikon is a quite few of the prime do not have AFS version yet (hopefully),
where as Canons' mostly USM.

yes but Nikon should be pushing out the AFS versions gradually. Having said that, if one is not using D40/D60, there should be no concerns. :)

Just wondering...any Nikon to Canon shifters around?

You'll probably have more luck asking that question in the Canon forum honestly.

If you want to use manual Leica lenses you must stay with Canon. ;)

Hi, I am a Canon user (450D) and was wondering if anyone switched camp from Nikon to Canon? Can you share the reasons for your switch? Thanks.

Jimmy

I think it's a matter of preference and needs. I'm using D70s for working as assistant photographer n like it very much. But I'd want a Canon for using my Leica R lens and other old n cheap lenses such as CZ and contax with adapters. So, happy choosing.

Hi all, for those who have shifted from being a Canon user to Nikon, can you spare a few minutes to tell me the advantages (or disadvantages) of Nikon DSLRs.

I have a Canon 450D and considering shifting to Nikon D300.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jimmy

ITS like being reborn into a world that just makes sense!!!

ENJOY YOUR NIKON......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.