Anyone own the R210 Epson printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guy for the recomendations.

Got the R210 not fixed yet... tired with window shopping at SITEX.
but bought it at Funan instead.

Anyway I when to Epson SC at Funan. They told me that the model will be replace to R230 soon. Anyway the diff should be a little. I'm happy with it and the reasonable price.

Bought it at Funan.

This model will be replace by R230 soon!!

teerex said:
How is the color results with the Sepoms Ink Tank.

I once replaced all the 6 origianl cartridges with the Sepoms individual compatible cartridges for the R210. Colors entirely different and off tone.

Replaced the Sepoms back to originals ($100 for the set), beautiful true to life colors again.

Had the intention of changing to the Ink Tank some time back but experience with the compatibles are giving me second thoughts.

Would like to hear from your experience with the printout of the Ink Tank vs the originals.

Thanks

BTW.... if you use any third party ink or any CIS ink... remember to calibrate your printer in order to get correct colours.... once that is done, the question is not about coect colours anymore... its about how long can the ink last compared to original...... BTW inkrepublic ink is one of the top end inks here.... so far my friends who used it.... after 2 years photo still no fading.... as fo rme, I used a cheapo ink tank from ebay and so far...still no fading... just that my cheapo ink is not compitable with ilford paper... compaibility with paper is also something you should look out for when buying third part ink....

tush said:
The colour is a bit off... I have to admit that... but acceptable by me. What I did was to manually calibrate my monitor's color to the SEPOM ink printout. After that its OK: What I see is what I get. So I find it acceptable quality.

Thanks for your feedback.
So have to do some monitor calibration to match the printout with the Ink Tank.
I'll know what to do if I go into third party inks.

idor said:
BTW.... if you use any third party ink or any CIS ink... remember to calibrate your printer in order to get correct colours.... once that is done, the question is not about coect colours anymore... its about how long can the ink last compared to original...... BTW inkrepublic ink is one of the top end inks here.... so far my friends who used it.... after 2 years photo still no fading.... as fo rme, I used a cheapo ink tank from ebay and so far...still no fading... just that my cheapo ink is not compitable with ilford paper... compaibility with paper is also something you should look out for when buying third part ink....

A little blur here. I understand the need for calibration, but here you mention calibration of the printer. In an earlier reply, Idor was saying to calibrate the monitor to match the printout colors.

I know about calibrating the monitor to match printouts. But how do I calibrate the printer to match the monitor output, is there some kind of profile to load?

Thanks for your feedback also.

teerex said:
A little blur here. I understand the need for calibration, but here you mention calibration of the printer. In an earlier reply, Idor was saying to calibrate the monitor to match the printout colors.

I know about calibrating the monitor to match printouts. But how do I calibrate the printer to match the monitor output, is there some kind of profile to load?

Thanks for your feedback also.
You should calibrate your printer. The reason is simple. If you calibrate your monitor for the sake of your prints, then all the other time when you process for other purposes other than printing on your printer, it would be off. That is, if you calibrate your monitor to your printer, when you edit your images for web or other printers, they would be off.

Watcher said:
You should calibrate your printer. The reason is simple. If you calibrate your monitor for the sake of your prints, then all the other time when you process for other purposes other than printing on your printer, it would be off. That is, if you calibrate your monitor to your printer, when you edit your images for web or other printers, they would be off.

Thanks Watcher, very valid reason for calibrating printer rather than the monitor. That was what I was thinking if I calibrate my monitor tot he printer, then I would have problems when I want to send to Lab for printiing. The colors will be off again.

Can advise how to do calibration of printer? Appreciate any info.

teerex said:
Thanks Watcher, very valid reason for calibrating printer rather than the monitor. That was what I was thinking if I calibrate my monitor tot he printer, then I would have problems when I want to send to Lab for printiing. The colors will be off again.

Can advise how to do calibration of printer? Appreciate any info.
Cheapest way: check does your CIS printer company provide at least the basic profile for your printer.

Cheap way is to trial and error with your prints by adjusting the color settings in the printer driver

Most accurate way is to buy a printer output profiler... But that is gonna cost you... :sweat:

Watcher said:
Cheapest way: check does your CIS printer company provide at least the basic profile for your printer.

Cheap way is to trial and error with your prints by adjusting the color settings in the printer driver

Most accurate way is to buy a printer output profiler... But that is gonna cost you... :sweat:

Thank you very much. Will check, but anyway will wait till I run out of the originals then try again.

R230 is in. cost $228 , free 1 pack of 4R photo paper at Sitex.
someone just PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.