Anyone own the R210 Epson printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan

Deregistered
Jul 31, 2003
Compass H
Anyone here own this printer model?

want to know how good and wat are the diff btw R310.

When to Challenger and the sales person told me that it's out of stock island wide. Is it true?

adnan said:

When to Challenger and the sales person told me that it's out of stock island wide. Is it true?

Yes. Cannot compare to R310 as I do not own 2 printers. So far I like my R210 very much.

-Quality is super
-Quiet
-Can print on CD/DVD
-Interface is friendly

adnan said:

This is what the epson sales told me.... if you do not intend to print from your memory cards, then buy the R200(R210 in sg) otherwise get the R320(its same as R310 but with LCD) Basically its the same printer just that the 300 series have memory card reader built in thats all. I own the R200 and it give me excellent prints.

Yah...the engine is the same. R310 just has an extra memory slot. By the way, I've tried these two printers and quality wise and speed wise, no different.

2 weeks ago I saw at Sim Lim Epson had a promotion of R510 selling $298, it is the same printer as R210 with added scanner, I think more worth it.

megaweb said:
Yes. Cannot compare to R310 as I do not own 2 printers. So far I like my R210 very much.

-Quality is super
-Quiet
-Can print on CD/DVD
-Interface is friendly

Thanks Megaweb. Thanks for the info.
Meet your friend rncw.

Will see the price diff from Sitex Thursday!!
http://www.sitex.com.sg/2005/

Thanks to all who have given the info too....

The R310 is the R210 + card reader + direct printing from camera + optional LCD screen.

The reason is that the R210/R310 is being replaced. In US, the model is already out. The R240 and R340 I believe. Same ink but enhanced head...

I've printed over 60 DVDs and dozens of 4R & 8R pics using the R210. So far so good. I am plaesed with the results.

snowspeeder said:
I've printed over 60 DVDs and dozens of 4R & 8R pics using the R210. So far so good. I am plaesed with the results.

Thanks Snowspeeder, I hope there will be available during the coming Sitex Show

snowspeeder said:
By the way, how is the ink consumption? is it economy?

Actually i aim for A3 printer but budget tight!!!

adnan said:
By the way, how is the ink consumption? is it economy?

Actually i aim for A3 printer but budget tight!!!

I have the R210 but for ink, I substituted it with the SEPOM ink tank system. If you are intending to get the printer I would recommend getting the ink tank thingy... no need to worry about the cost of cartridges so much, if ink low just top up. I've been using it for 6 months plus and the ink tank is only half empty (On average I print about an average of 30+ photos of 3R size, 10 or so A4 size photo a month)... the ink tank system is definitely worth it.
If I am not mistaken SEPOMs sometimes have offer: buy the ink tank + additional ink (should be about $300) and get the R210 free. See if they have offer at SITEX.

tush said:
I have the R210 but for ink, I substituted it with the SEPOM ink tank system. If you are intending to get the printer I would recommend getting the ink tank thingy... no need to worry about the cost of cartridges so much, if ink low just top up. I've been using it for 6 months plus and the ink tank is only half empty (On average I print about an average of 30+ photos of 3R size, 10 or so A4 size photo a month)... the ink tank system is definitely worth it.
If I am not mistaken SEPOMs sometimes have offer: buy the ink tank + additional ink (should be about $300) and get the R210 free. See if they have offer at SITEX.

Thanks for the info. what tank system brand that you used? is it reliable?

If Sepom offer abt $300 it's not worth it as the printer price is abt $180-$190
That means the tank cost abt $100 bucks!!

Will do a calculation before deciding as I need to print a lot!!
Hope they have better offer at Sitex.

Thanks!!

I'm using the InkStation ink tanks. They usually bundle with extra ink for refills at discounted price.

I have given up on Inkstation. :thumbsd:

adnan said:
Thanks for the info. what tank system brand that you used? is it reliable?

If Sepom offer abt $300 it's not worth it as the printer price is abt $180-$190
That means the tank cost abt $100 bucks!!

Will do a calculation before deciding as I need to print a lot!!
Hope they have better offer at Sitex.

Thanks!!
The price of printer is cheap, its the cost of the cartridges that kills you. Which is why printer makers sometimes makes very little margin off printers; they are hoping to cash in when you buy the cartridges.
I believe that the SEPOMS ink tank is equivalent to more than 50 or so ink cartridge refills. So if a refill is $40, then you'd have to spend $40x50 = $2000
plus the printer is thrown in free... that's one of the reasons I got the system. Coz I know that I will print lots of photos (I'm not a dealer etc, I'm just a happy customer)

tush said:
The price of printer is cheap, its the cost of the cartridges that kills you. Which is why printer makers sometimes makes very little margin off printers; they are hoping to cash in when you buy the cartridges.
I believe that the SEPOMS ink tank is equivalent to more than 50 or so ink cartridge refills. So if a refill is $40, then you'd have to spend $40x50 = $2000
plus the printer is thrown in free... that's one of the reasons I got the system. Coz I know that I will print lots of photos (I'm not a dealer etc, I'm just a happy customer)

How is the color results with the Sepoms Ink Tank.

I once replaced all the 6 origianl cartridges with the Sepoms individual compatible cartridges for the R210. Colors entirely different and off tone.

Replaced the Sepoms back to originals ($100 for the set), beautiful true to life colors again.

Had the intention of changing to the Ink Tank some time back but experience with the compatibles are giving me second thoughts.

Would like to hear from your experience with the printout of the Ink Tank vs the originals.

Thanks

I own a R210, and mostly print my CD/DVD.

Beside both uses the same engine, the R310 has a card reader + direct printing from camera + optional LCD screen and can be a standalone printer (don't need to connect to PC).

As mentioned before, with any alternative inksets you need to profile the color (or tweek the brightness/contrast and color balance in the driver) in order to get good print-out. When you using original inkset, the manufacturers have done the profiling for you that why you find it's better.

teerex said:
How is the color results with the Sepoms Ink Tank.

I once replaced all the 6 origianl cartridges with the Sepoms individual compatible cartridges for the R210. Colors entirely different and off tone.

Replaced the Sepoms back to originals ($100 for the set), beautiful true to life colors again.

Had the intention of changing to the Ink Tank some time back but experience with the compatibles are giving me second thoughts.

Would like to hear from your experience with the printout of the Ink Tank vs the originals.

Thanks

The colour is a bit off... I have to admit that... but acceptable by me. What I did was to manually calibrate my monitor's color to the SEPOM ink printout. After that its OK: What I see is what I get. So I find it acceptable quality.

tush said:
The colour is a bit off... I have to admit that... but acceptable by me. What I did was to manually calibrate my monitor's color to the SEPOM ink printout. After that its OK: What I see is what I get. So I find it acceptable quality.

If you did not do any calibration, you might get the off tone result.

Status
Not open for further replies.