Anyone heading to Perth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian said:
Is anyone heading down to Perth (WA) in the next few weeks?

Are you running a tour agency? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ;p

I'm in Perth as well. Nice weather of late, ya? I finally get to sleep well without the a/c :bsmilie:

Ian said:
Nokin,

The offer stands :) I enjoy taking folks out around this here city of mine.

Thanks Ian, will certainly look you up one of the days I'm there. I'll give you my details later, but will definitely arrive on 22/03 on Qantas. Meeting a friend at the airport flying in from London, half hour difference in arrival time.

pascalc said:
I'm in Perth as well. Nice weather of late, ya? I finally get to sleep well without the a/c :bsmilie:

I've been checking on the temperature there, averaging 30C in the day. Isn't that a little too warm?

Hope it's gets cooler by 3rd. week march.

patch17 said:
Ian,

hope you don't mind if i take you up on your offer to show people around town when i go back? i only go back once a year for a couple of weeks ever since i came to singapore... lost track of the changes, feel like a tourist in my own home. :embrass:

Patch, as long as I'm not booked up solid I can't see a problem. Apart from Mandurah to Perth almost being solid houses now not much else has changed (except new suburbs)...

nokin said:
I've been checking on the temperature there, averaging 30C in the day. Isn't that a little too warm?

Hope it's gets cooler by 3rd. week march.

It varies, last march (around the 3rd week) it hit 38C on a couple of days ... as I well remember as I got a slight dose of heat stroke while covering car racing for a client.

nokin said:
Thanks Ian, will certainly look you up one of the days I'm there. I'll give you my details later, but will definitely arrive on 22/03 on Qantas. Meeting a friend at the airport flying in from London, half hour difference in arrival time.

Nokin, no worries, will look forward to hearing from you.

pascalc said:
Are you running a tour agency?

Haha Pascalc .. was a pleasure to meet you and Chngpe1 last night and yes the weather was too foul last week eh?

Ian said:
nokin said:

Nokin, no worries, will look forward to hearing from you.

Remember to include me if you guys are planning any photo shoots! Cheers!

pascalc said:
Remember to include me if you guys are planning any photo shoots! Cheers!

Pascalc, I'm a newbie. Don't know much about photography. Not exactly planning any photo shoots, but I definitely will be spending some time shooting. Perhaps you guys can give me some tips.

As I'll be staying with a friend's family, I don't know if they have made any plans yet. Will let you and Ian know details when I get them.

Can you and Ian advise which is the best way to contact you guys when I'm there? How about I PM you guys my mobile number?

nokin said:
Pascalc, I'm a newbie. Don't know much about photography. Not exactly planning any photo shoots, but I definitely will be spending some time shooting. Perhaps you guys can give me some tips.

As I'll be staying with a friend's family, I don't know if they have made any plans yet. Will let you and Ian know details when I get them.

Can you and Ian advise which is the best way to contact you guys when I'm there? How about I PM you guys my mobile number?

Nokin, I'll PM you my mobile and home number in a few days (this pc very unstable at present) ...

Ian said:
Nokin, I'll PM you my mobile and home number in a few days (this pc very unstable at present) ...

Thanks Ian, appreciate your hospitality.

nokin said:

PM you my contact number :)

caseytan said:
just came back to SG after spending two weeks in Sydney ;p

Hi,

I will be heading down to Sydney late march.......was wondering if there is any good shooting locations(other than the Opera House, of course), both in and out of the State of NSW ??.... :dunno: Is Byron Bay in the North, any good ??

Thanks the help and suggestions.

:)

microsmic said:
Hi,

I will be heading down to Sydney late march.......was wondering if there is any good shooting locations(other than the Opera House, of course), both in and out of the State of NSW ??.... :dunno: Is Byron Bay in the North, any good ??

Thanks the help and suggestions.

:)

A few locations around Sydney:

Bondi Beach
Olympic Statium Homebush
Sydney Harbour
Harbour Bridge
Manly
CBD of Sydney
Darling Harbour
Taronga Zoo
Pittwater
Kings Cross (Daytime, not recommended at night)
Top of Centrepoint Tower
The Rocks
Milsons Point/Kirrabilli

Out of Sydney (day trips)
Blue Mountains
(including, Scenic Railway, Three Sisters, Govetts Leap, Megalong Valley etc)
Kangaroo Valley/Kiama & Blowhole
Coast road between the Royal National Park and Bulli.
Deer Park (Royal National Park)
Avoca/Terrigal beaches

That's just a start.

Ian said:
A few locations around Sydney:

Bondi Beach
Olympic Statium Homebush
Sydney Harbour
Harbour Bridge
Manly
CBD of Sydney
Darling Harbour
Taronga Zoo
Pittwater
Kings Cross (Daytime, not recommended at night)
Top of Centrepoint Tower
The Rocks
Milsons Point/Kirrabilli

Out of Sydney (day trips)
Blue Mountains
(including, Scenic Railway, Three Sisters, Govetts Leap, Megalong Valley etc)
Kangaroo Valley/Kiama & Blowhole
Coast road between the Royal National Park and Bulli.
Deer Park (Royal National Park)
Avoca/Terrigal beaches

That's just a start.

Thanks for the Tip, Ian !! :thumbsup:

jOhO said:
i'm going to brisbane and melbourne in may! if anyone wants to know. :D

I will be in Brisbane for a couple of days before heading down to Sydney......any recommendations, jOhO ?? :dunno:

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.