Anyone heading to Perth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Feb 20, 2002
Perth Australia
Is anyone heading down to Perth (WA) in the next few weeks?

Ian said:

just came back to SG after spending two weeks in Sydney ;p

not in the next few weeks... planning for May :D

Ian said:

Yes, I live in Perth. Very hot at the moment! and a power shortage!
Managed to capture some lightning last night though :)

adamadam said:
Yes, I live in Perth. Very hot at the moment! and a power shortage!
Managed to capture some lightning last night though :)
Heading to Perth this july, for study...and snaping.
any advices be4 i'm going to Perth??

paksiew,

Sure what info do you want?

adamadam,

Are you a local or someone who's down here studying?

dnka,
Nice time to visit, the heat will be off by then,

Ruthie,
guess again :devil:

Ian said:

Will be there in 3rd. week March. Guess it's fall, what's the weather and temp. like?

Perth got any interest place to visit...
thinking of going there for holiday..

nokin said:
Will be there in 3rd. week March. Guess it's fall, what's the weather and temp. like?

Hot to Bloody hot, not humid to "welcome to Bombay" is what you can expect in March.

Ian said:
Hot to Bloody hot, not humid to "welcome to Bombay" is what you can expect in March.

Oh s**t, was given the impression that it would be cool, maybe around 20C. As long as its not humid, should be able to go around whole day shooting.

Any recommedndations ?

therat said:
Perth got any interest place to visit...
thinking of going there for holiday..

Perth has quite a few attractions, but it's mostly a gateway to some of the best scenery in the world.

nokin said:
Oh s**t, was given the impression that it would be cool, maybe around 20C. As long as its not humid, should be able to go around whole day shooting.

Any recommedndations ?

Haha March is a month of variations here, with cool nights (17-20C) and days ranging from around 22C to 38C on average.

As to what to shoot, it depends on what you like, how much time you have and what transport you have.

Ian said:
Haha March is a month of variations here, with cool nights (17-20C) and days ranging from around 22C to 38C on average.

As to what to shoot, it depends on what you like, how much time you have and what transport you have.

I'll be there for 6 days, then on to Melbourne for another 6.

I like night shooting with plenty of lights and scenery and perhaps some daily lifestyle street scenes.

Transport ??? Ooh ... mostly public and my pair of legs.

nokin said:
I'll be there for 6 days, then on to Melbourne for another 6.

I like night shooting with plenty of lights and scenery and perhaps some daily lifestyle street scenes.

Transport ??? Ooh ... mostly public and my pair of legs.

Ok plenty here to keep you amused with good street scenes to be had in the Hay St Mall, Fremantle and Subiaco Markets as well as a good load of night shooting potential (Kings Park, South Perth etc). However some of the best night shot locations need more than public transport so gimme a PM a couple of weeks before you get here as I should be able to take you out to some of the harder locations to get to.

Ian said:
Ok plenty here to keep you amused with good street scenes to be had in the Hay St Mall, Fremantle and Subiaco Markets as well as a good load of night shooting potential (Kings Park, South Perth etc). However some of the best night shot locations need more than public transport so gimme a PM a couple of weeks before you get here as I should be able to take you out to some of the harder locations to get to.

Ian, thanks a lot for your reccommedations.

Have done some homework on the web as to a couple of the places you mentioned, Fremantle and Kings Park.

Thank you for your offer for taking me around. :thumbsup: Do not wish to trouble you and take up your time. But anyway will let you know before I get there, perhaps we can meet and have a drink. Nice to be able to meet a fellow CSer away from home.

nokin said:
Ian, thanks a lot for your reccommedations.

Have done some homework on the web as to a couple of the places you mentioned, Fremantle and Kings Park.

Thank you for your offer for taking me around. :thumbsup: Do not wish to trouble you and take up your time. But anyway will let you know before I get there, perhaps we can meet and have a drink. Nice to be able to meet a fellow CSer away from home.

Nokin,

The offer stands :) I enjoy taking folks out around this here city of mine.

yes, perth is indeed a wonderful city. i come from there myself.

Ian,

hope you don't mind if i take you up on your offer to show people around town when i go back? i only go back once a year for a couple of weeks ever since i came to singapore... lost track of the changes, feel like a tourist in my own home. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.