Anyone Got This Nikon WT-5A Wireless Transmitter

It's USD$500 on Amazon, local's about $1K.

Hesitating as it cannot be used on my D600 & no backwards compatibility on D700 and D3S.

So much better than the transmitter for the D3s. It was so bulky and the battery drained like crazy. And it ran super hot. And the wires...... glad Nikon actually updated it in a smaller package.

Wanted to confirm that the Fittest does the same? How much is it retailing for? The RRS is US$190 excluding shipping.

Just tried the Fittest with the WT-5A... Fittest doesn't slide out enough to clear the WT-5a... will try with the Kangrinpoche L-plate to see if it fits.

How does one order something accidentally? Curious to know... :)

Hi, am interested in the Camranger if the price is right. Please pm me the price. Thanks!

Anybody has tried WT-5a with Nikon Df? Any issue so far?

What's wrong with using the WU-1a on the Df?

What's wrong with using the WU-1a on the Df?

Because Nikon D4 used WT-5A, I thought it was also suitable for Nikon Df as well.

Because Nikon D4 used WT-5A, I thought it was also suitable for Nikon Df as well.
But WT-5A costs ~$1k while WU-1a which is much smaller in size costs <$100.
So are there any other advantages in getting the WT-5A when the WU-1a can work on the Df ?

But WT-5A costs ~$1k while WU-1a which is much smaller in size costs <$100.
So are there any other advantages in getting the WT-5A when the WU-1a can work on the Df ?

From my understanding WT-5A is more for Pro usage, so you can directly upload the images to server or computer. Together with the UT-1 communication unit, WT-5A can connect up to 9 different servers on the same time.

But WU-1a is the budget and lite version, it uploads the images to your smartphone only.
So the usage of WU-1a is quite similar with Toshiba FlashAir card or Flu card or Eye Fi card.

Correct me if I am wrong, because I do not own WT-5a :)

From my understanding WT-5A is more for Pro usage, so you can directly upload the images to server or computer. Together with the UT-1 communication unit, WT-5A can connect up to 9 different servers on the same time.

But WU-1a is the budget and lite version, it uploads the images to your smartphone only.
So the usage of WU-1a is quite similar with Toshiba FlashAir card or Flu card or Eye Fi card.

Correct me if I am wrong, because I do not own WT-5a :)

Not say pro usage, but the WT-5A has more versatility in connections to other devices like FTP, HTTP, etc.

WU-1A/1B requires specific software to work.

On the D4, there's no need for the UT-1, D4 has a UTP port and supports the WT-5A natively. UT-1 + WT5A is somewhat more for the cameras who wants to use WT-5A but cannot do so, the UT-1 acts as a intermediary. The cost, however, is insane.

WT-5A is cheap on Amazon.