Any Sony alpha 200 user ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
any things to look out for? since i am jus starting out, some of the lenses i think i might nt be using, i am thinking of taking the kit lens, prime lens and the 28-200 zoom lens, but then again the lenses are 2nd hand, so what are the things to look out for? with regards to the 28-70mm lenses what is the main purpose for it?

Thanks!

any things to look out for? since i am jus starting out, some of the lenses i think i might nt be using, i am thinking of taking the kit lens, prime lens and the 28-200 zoom lens, but then again the lenses are 2nd hand, so what are the things to look out for? with regards to the 28-70mm lenses what is the main purpose for it?

Thanks!

What prime lens? What 28-200?

28-70: Standard walkabout lens, though usually for full frame. On APS-C you'd lose a lot of the wide angle.

I believe he was referring to the below lens which included in the purchase.

Tokina 28-70mm F2.6-2.8
Tokina 24-200mm F3.5-5.6
Minolta 50mm F1.7

V

What prime lens? What 28-200?

28-70: Standard walkabout lens, though usually for full frame. On APS-C you'd lose a lot of the wide angle.

Thanks!

If you're referring to this sale:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497408

Be advised that the tokina lenses are "ok" but not stellar:

http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/detail.asp?IDLens=170

The 28-70 is decent, but has a long minimum focus distance of 700mm:
Tokina AT-X 270 PRO AF 28-70 F2.6-2.8
http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/detail.asp?IDLens=182

These are old, classic, and heavy lenses.

I believe he was referring to the below lens which included in the purchase.

V

Yup, saw it.

But to put things into perspective:

A200 + kit + VG: Lets' say 800 SGD
Minolta 1.7: If it's in very very good condition, 200.

That's 400 SGD then for the 2 tokina lenses. The 28-70 might actually make a good portrait lens, so it could be a good deal so long as the lenses aren't fungused or scratched.

he did say its not scratched for all the lenses...was wondering shld i get the lens 1 short or just get the kit lens first n try?

Better to get it at one shot. For me, I will definitely get the grip and 50mm/f1.7 lens, I'm not too interested in 2 Tokinas:)

V

hi, new A200 user reporting in :lovegrin: Like to ask bros recommend cheap places to buy circular polarizer and UV filter and roughly hw much?

I am using ∞200.
I'm enjoying my camera each day. Glad I found this thread.:)

hi new A200 users
Hope you guys are enjoying the cam like me too.
;)

Finally swapped to sony totally.. after two weeks, I managed to sell all my c stuff and got the a200,17-50,50 1.4 and beercan at good prices! So far so good, cant wait for exams to end so I can go on a shooting spree..haha..

Finally swapped to sony totally.. after two weeks, I managed to sell all my c stuff and got the a200,17-50,50 1.4 and beercan at good prices! So far so good, cant wait for exams to end so I can go on a shooting spree..haha..

whoa.
you spend alot on lenses
:)

whoa.
you spend alot on lenses
:)

hahah ya abit.. less than 1.2k.. can't even buy an L lens with IS if i stay C, but now all my lens have IS.. :lovegrin:

Great! Hope you will be happy with the Sony system. ;)

hahah ya abit.. less than 1.2k.. can't even buy an L lens with IS if i stay C, but now all my lens have IS.. :lovegrin:

hehe
thats the good point of SSS on body.
;)

can I ask bros abt the SSS? I just gt my A200 w kit lens yest and only gt to try some indoor shots tn. Read the manual(1st time DSLR user here) and it says wait till the SSS indicator drops low den shoot? While waiting , I realise the SSS indicator is gg repeatly more...less...more....less.. Is this norm? So when the SSS indicator is low and I shoot den the shots will be sharper cos the SSS active issit? Abit slow and troublesome to wait for the moment when the SSS indicator go low. I was taking indoor room shots by the way without flash

can I ask bros abt the SSS? I just gt my A200 w kit lens yest and only gt to try some indoor shots tn. Read the manual(1st time DSLR user here) and it says wait till the SSS indicator drops low den shoot? While waiting , I realise the SSS indicator is gg repeatly more...less...more....less.. Is this norm? So when the SSS indicator is low and I shoot den the shots will be sharper cos the SSS active issit? Abit slow and troublesome to wait for the moment when the SSS indicator go low. I was taking indoor room shots by the way without flash

SSS is an adaptive system, and tries to adjust based on the vibrations it detects. It'll go up and down because you breathe, your pulse changes, etc. Normally I just shoot, but sometimes I'll wait that one second to let SSS adjust to me.

yo guys . me just got the 30l dry cabinet and set the dail to the centre. is it the rite setting .normally hw long u let it settle b4 putting the camera in .

yo guys . me just got the 30l dry cabinet and set the dail to the centre. is it the rite setting .normally hw long u let it settle b4 putting the camera in .

some ppl recommand a day to let it settle..i placed my camera in after around 6hrs when i see that the reading doesnt fluctuate much

Few days after using the A200, been great so far! But i noticed in A mode, the dial is in 1/3 stop, is it possible to set it to 1/2 stop? And also during playback, if i want to jump like 200 images back, what would be the fastest way? I tried zooming out but it is very laggy and have to scroll past so many pages. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.