Any Sony alpha 200 user ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavenderTea

Feb 8, 2008
A newbie in the world of DSLR, all my Photocrazy kakis suggested I must buy Canon.Was set on Canon 400D initially, but was swayed last min cos' I realised that Sony bought over Minolta, which means all my previous Minolta lens and 55mm filters can also be used, now kinda regret when I realised there are very few user or groups out there using Sony DSLR ? Is Sony alpha 200 really lousy compared to Canon 400D or NIkon for amateurs to semipro ?
:cry:

not true a200 is already a very gd camera.
and we are quite active, except we went out to shoot frequently instead of posting:bsmilie:
and u dun have to worry abt yr a200 as compare to the entry level from other make.
i can well assure u abt that:bsmilie:

not true a200 is already a very gd camera.
and we are quite active, except we went out to shoot frequently instead of posting:bsmilie:
and u dun have to worry abt yr a200 as compare to the entry level from other make.
i can well assure u abt that:bsmilie:
Thanks ! Sound so reassuring ! Thought I "gana" con by the saleperson, so you own a Sony DSLR too and there are Sony DSLR out there which i can consult in case I ran into problems ?

i am also using the a200. it is good i could take good pics (imho) even with the cheap 75-300 lens:

2251058217_6da569f565_b.jpg

heavily cropped from original

people shot:

2249877401_1127b52648_b.jpg

all shot at iso400

Wow ! Looks great.. happy to see experts also using sony DSLR, my friends who expecting to see me a Canon will stone me if they saw me with a Sony

don't worry!
sony is really expanding it's strength fast and strong.
with the up coming a300(10MP) and a350(14MP) both with live view.
and there's a700 which is a really good advance level cam, matched up with the nikon D300.
and there's is the flagship on the later part of the year which i think gives cannon a hit on their mark3 1Ds.
of course there's also the G lens and the CARL ZEISS lens.
there are alot of people brought the 400D, but really didn't heard anything that it out gunned the a100/200 or nikon and others brand's entry level cam. but it still a great one.

so, afterall, there is no a better system. each of them got their pros n cons and supporter.
hope my post help!

Thanks ! Sound so reassuring ! Thought I "gana" con by the saleperson, so you own a Sony DSLR too and there are Sony DSLR out there which i can consult in case I ran into problems ?

Dun worry ,we will be around to assist if it within our knowledge.

may i knw what are the deal u get for yr a200?
if not for the fact i already got my A700. i would like to get this smaller camera:bsmilie:

may i knw what are the deal u get for yr a200?
if not for the fact i already got my A700. i would like to get this smaller camera:bsmilie:

so u waiting for what?> go sell ur a700 n buy a200 lor ;p

$1390 for the body and 2 lens (18-70mm) and (70-300mm), actually I did not want the zoom lens cos' only I hardly used my Tamron zoom lens last time for my manual SLR, but the the body and 1 lens package ($ 1100)is out of stock and won't be in till 2 weeks. Too eager to get hold of the camera and though the extra $200 for another lens not too bad plus the sale person is very persuasive...

$1390 for the body and 2 lens (18-70mm) and (70-300mm), actually I did not want the zoom lens cos' only I hardly used my Tamron zoom lens last time for my manual SLR, but the the body and 1 lens package ($ 1100)is out of stock and won't be in till 2 weeks. Too eager to get hold of the camera and though the extra $200 for another lens not too bad plus the sale person is very persuasive...
don't worry. now u already bought ur cam. just go out take more photos and enjoy :) ;)

i am also using the a200. it is good i could take good pics (imho) even with the cheap 75-300 lens:

2251058217_6da569f565_b.jpg

heavily cropped from original

people shot:

all shot at iso400
Nice!:thumbsup:

Tried out A200 @ sony gallery yesterday.
Its control is so easy. I prefer A200's grip to others competitors.
The FN button is basically all you need to navigate the important menus.

I think A200 stands out in terms of ergonomic and extra functions like DRO & SSS.
After Sony took over Minolta, it took a rather short time to come out a full frame sensor, DRO, live view, better AF... plus CZ lens. We can tell that they are serious.

People used to complain about Sony's price... blah blah. Hey, that was the past.
Today we find A200 + kit lens for $1099, packed with innovative functions.

Sony has grown up, and will continue to grow.

Though many people are using Nikon and Canon, but Sony is coming up aggressively. The in-built image stabilser is a good tool to have, though some people said VR or IS on lens are better. However, all those come at a steep price.

By coming up with the A200, with aggressive pricing they begin to gain market shares in the budget DSLR market. Few years back when KM plan to sold off their DSLR segment to Sony, I have seen many posts of KM users worrying about the future of their investment. However, things now have changed. They have a better body to use for their existing minolta lens. Third party manufacturers like Tamron and Sigma have also begun making lens for the A mount due to its increase in popularity. There is no better time to join the Sony camp than now. :thumbsup:

Btw, I'm a Nikon user. ;p
My Nikon D50 is aging though still serving me well. If it dies, I might consider joining the Sony camp. The two pictures posted by henrykoh are enough to persuade me to switch. :bigeyes:

I have a Minolta 7D and Sony Alpha 200.

Sony Alpha 200 is good enough for me to consider banishing my 7D into the cold palace..

There are some features that I hope Sony Alpha 200 will have and all that can be found in Alpha 700. With Sony Alpha 900 coming, I think this subforum will soon be very busy..

Though many people are using Nikon and Canon, but Sony is coming up aggressively. The in-built image stabilser is a good tool to have, though some people said VR or IS on lens are better. However, all those come at a steep price.

By coming up with the A200, with aggressive pricing they begin to gain market shares in the budget DSLR market. Few years back when KM plan to sold off their DSLR segment to Sony, I have seen many posts of KM users worrying about the future of their investment. However, things now have changed. They have a better body to use for their existing minolta lens. Third party manufacturers like Tamron and Sigma have also begun making lens for the A mount due to its increase in popularity. There is no better time to join the Sony camp than now.

Btw, I'm a Nikon user. ;p
My Nikon D50 is aging though still serving me well. If it dies, I might consider joining the Sony camp. The two pictures posted by henrykoh are enough to persuade me to switch.

now is a gd time for u to jump ship..let me poison u more ...

DSC02381.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

regardless of what system u have..its YOU who can make your own difference..:)

Wow ! Looks great.. happy to see experts also using sony DSLR, my friends who expecting to see me a Canon will stone me if they saw me with a Sony

Dude. NEVER buy a camera just because of pressure. Remember, by going with Sony you have ANTI-SHAKE for ALL of your lenses, unlike the Canon camp. You have DRO, which they can only dream of. And you have access to some of the best lenses on the market, and the only manufacturer that has auto-focus Carl Zeiss lenses.

FYI: at the recent Pix-singapore expo, 2 Canon 40D users switched to Sony after playing with my A700 and seeing the difference to the pics they were getting thanks to my CZ lens and DRO.

A newbie in the world of DSLR, all my Photocrazy kakis suggested I must buy Canon.

If they're that photocrazy... They would not be so narrow-minded as to limit themselves to a single brand.

Hehehe... poison you more... ;p

Spring_In_the_City___01_by_ChaoxAngel.jpg

Very nice. Good color and skin tone. :thumbsup:
people shot:

all shot at iso400

Status
Not open for further replies.