Any Sony alpha 200 user ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mabuhay bro dixcarin, looks like now there are a lot of kabayan using Alpha..:thumbsup:
See you in outing bro :)

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a SLR, and I'm interested in macro. I've seen the wonderful butterfly posted by henrykoh, the details are still quite clear even though it's a cropped picture. Just wondering whether Sony macro lens are cheaper and better compared to other brands. :D

If the price is comparable I think I'll get a Sony A200 to go with the lens.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a SLR, and I'm interested in macro. I've seen the wonderful butterfly posted by henrykoh, the details are still quite clear even though it's a cropped picture. Just wondering whether Sony macro lens are cheaper and better compared to other brands. :D

If the price is comparable I think I'll get a Sony A200 to go with the lens.

Thanks.

Well, two things to note:

1) Macro lenses are never cheap... 2nd hand is cheaper and better value...

2) All brands make good macro lenses, and that includes 3rd party ones like Tamron and Sigma...

So you could visit the buy and sell forum and look for macro lenses... quite a few floating around... and yes, the A200 is very capable of macro... AND it's a stabilised macro lens once mounted on a SONY DSLR... no other brand except Pentax gives you that... and the A200 has a very user friendly user interface... go for it I say!

Warm welcome sis. We will be having an outing soon. Hope to see you. :)

how do we get updates on alpha outing? i alway wanna go one.. esp if someone can show me a700... i alway wanna get one... a few months with my a200 already i wanna upgrade cos i really like it veri much.. joined the alpha family in the forum... but seems rather quiet...

Hi, I just bought my first DSLR last Oct. Its a a200 :) Like it very much, decided to continue investing on Sony.

Gotten a VG, SAL50F14, SAL18250 and HVL-F24AM so far. more to come :)

how do we get updates on alpha outing? i alway wanna go one.. esp if someone can show me a700... i alway wanna get one... a few months with my a200 already i wanna upgrade cos i really like it veri much.. joined the alpha family in the forum... but seems rather quiet...

PMed you. :)

Hi, I just bought my first DSLR last Oct. Its a a200 :) Like it very much, decided to continue investing on Sony.

Gotten a VG, SAL50F14, SAL18250 and HVL-F24AM so far. more to come :)

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Alpha family. Hope to see you in our outings soon.

Hi i am new to photography

Currently just having a Panasonic FS3 PnS cam

Wish to get a DSLR and learn more.

Have locked down my choice to Sony A200

Just want to know more.
Worth to get 1 lens kit or the 2 lens kit bundle set?
What are the things to look out for when doing the purchasing?
Sorry if i ask because i am totally noob in all these.

Any idea where to purchase it to have the best price?
Places like Alanphoto (SLS), Cathay Photo (Peninsula Plaza) or MS Color (AMK Central).

Thanks a million.
:embrass:

I've got a a200 too. The two lens kit is a good starting point, it covers a wide range of focus lengths for a very reasonable price. However, if you intend to use the 75mm-300mm range under low light conditions (i.e. concerts) the kit lenses will run into its limitations very soon. This is especially truth because a200 doesn't perform when at iso1600 ...

Just ask yourself what kind of picture you want to take and see if the kits lenses meet your needs.

Hi i am new to photography

Currently just having a Panasonic FS3 PnS cam

Wish to get a DSLR and learn more.

Have locked down my choice to Sony A200

Just want to know more.
Worth to get 1 lens kit or the 2 lens kit bundle set?
What are the things to look out for when doing the purchasing?
Sorry if i ask because i am totally noob in all these.

Any idea where to purchase it to have the best price?
Places like Alanphoto (SLS), Cathay Photo (Peninsula Plaza) or MS Color (AMK Central).

Thanks a million.
:embrass:

Thanks very much for the nice reply.
For me i like to shoot nature and landscape in daytime.
So i guess twin lens kit will do well for me.

Where you get yours from?
I have checked prices in Msia and it's only RM1850 for twin lens kit.
Abt $810 SG dollars.
Problem is not sure if the warranty covers internationally.

Wow, $810 for the twin lens kit is a very good price. I got my single lens kit at $880. What accessories does it come with? Mine come with 1 cheapo tripod, 1 carrier bag with additional battery, a camera clean kit and UV filter. Not sure about the warrantly though.

Wow, $810 for the twin lens kit is a very good price. I got my single lens kit at $880. What accessories does it come with? Mine come with 1 cheapo tripod, 1 carrier bag with additional battery, a camera clean kit and UV filter. Not sure about the warrantly though.

i not sure.
I guess its just normal accessories.
bag and additional batt.

I going to give a call to the shop in JB city and check whats the exact price.

If warranty no international then i guess i get a single lens kit in SG.
Where you buy yours from?

I planning to get it this Sat.
:)

I think the minimum A200 package comes with the kit lens. You can always get the 55-200 or 75-300 second hand off CS, or invest in the 70-210 beercan.

i not sure.
I guess its just normal accessories.
bag and additional batt.

I going to give a call to the shop in JB city and check whats the exact price.

If warranty no international then i guess i get a single lens kit in SG.
Where you buy yours from?

I planning to get it this Sat.
You won't want to buy from where I buy from... Lets just say its "Black Shop" in Sim Lim Square. They tried to sell to me above RRP! You may want to try Cathay photo at Peninsula Plaza, I got my SAL50F14 there, good experience there.

But it seems that there are other places selling at better prices, you may want to try out some suggestions from seniors here.

You won't want to buy from where I buy from... Lets just say its "Black Shop" in Sim Lim Square. They tried to sell to me above RRP! You may want to try Cathay photo at Peninsula Plaza, I got my SAL50F14 there, good experience there.

But it seems that there are other places selling at better prices, you may want to try out some suggestions from seniors here.

hey thanks man.

i not sure if a guy like me who knows Nothing about DSLR go in to buy will try to cut corners on me.
Maybe sat go down to CathayPhoto to ask and see how.

Anyway how much will a UV Filter cost?
My friend say best to buy one to protect the lens.

hey thanks man.

i not sure if a guy like me who knows Nothing about DSLR go in to buy will try to cut corners on me.

I asked for free filters when I got my lense :) They gave me the cheap $15 type.

hey thanks man.

Go to MS Colour, they're honest.

Don't stinge on UV filter get at least a Hoya.

Go to MS Colour, they're honest.

Don't stinge on UV filter get at least a Hoya.

Thanks alot.

Hoya for me then.
Price range will be?

I got the qoute from MSColor.
A200 with 2 lens kit will be $999 + 7% GST
means $1070 right?

I guess i go for single lens kit instead.
Can get a 2nd hand lens when i am more pro into photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.