any rude experience anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the salesperson who tails you and watch each & every moment you are in the shop. As if you are gonna steal something and that their employer will deduct the price of the stolen item from their paycheck, and make them wash toliet for 1 month.

How about the "yeah, wat you want ? You kar-jio my rest time" look at the hawker's face / receiptionist face / salesperson's face.

Jason H0 said:
seatwarmer Goh actually came out to defend his country men. This better-than-you altitude is the and-result of the Singapore government push to be world nos 1 in everything.
Oh, watch your words as you can be sued.

Lensman said:
How about the salesperson who tails you and watch each & every moment you are in the shop. As if you are gonna steal something and that their employer will deduct the price of the stolen item from their paycheck, and make them wash toliet for 1 month.

How about the "yeah, wat you want ? You kar-jio my rest time" look at the hawker's face / receiptionist face / salesperson's face.

hahaha... i get that too sometimes. well, some are indeed afraid that u'ld turn out to be a thief. however, some are just sales and service-orientated to serve u lar.. can be quite irritating sometimes when u're shopping but they meant well. :D

just kindly turn them away with like 'its ok, i'm just browsing around. thanks!'

Jason H0 said:
that is why a Chinese official once commanded that Singaporeans are proud and arrogance...and that the seatwarmer Goh actually came out to defend his country men. This better-than-you altitude is the and-result of the Singapore government push to be world nos 1 in everything.

hey hey.. careful ah bro. before the mods come in and close the thread, better steer away from the politics man... :cool:

Lensman said:

when i was in the retail line..we were told by the management to stand by near the customers just in case they need our help or something...we feel uncomfortable tailing customers too..but if we were spotted not "tailing" the customer...we will get scolded leh... :dunno:

you should say "sorry" louder, more geniune mah..
which is why I balloon out "excuse me.." then start pushing/elbow
for those deaf or ppl who got nice fetish on fengshui location who won't bug..

I met one lady who was wobbly on the train n won't hold the support..
she keep banging into me at one point I buay tahan the train jerk badly,
I elbow or kick her, can't recall. then she kpkb at me why I wack her, then I speak loudly to her to grab something.. she says she can handle, no need
my concern. next min, the train jerk again she almost went flying again..
dunno taichi want to pray pray..

for those in sales buay song one..
I make a hooha or make a complaint to the manager.
easier to complain since they got a system.

the uncle/auntie who are the bosses (mostly hawker), if I dun like attitude
how I like the food, dun buy loh. nobody force me to eat wat.
once awhile I will kpkb. got one I buay tahan see her attitude, I ordered liao, then went off.. hiakhiak.

for those worker who work one.. seow liao..
kpkb till they scare.. they dun give chopsticks..
I go inside the hawker stall self service like my shop..

my attitude slightly different.. haha.

Bernard Ong said:
There are bound to have this type of people around. Their behaviors is directly linked to their upbringing.

I was once making a phone call and accidentally pressed wrong number. I cancel the call without hearing the voice of the other party. After a short while, this guy called back my handphone and ask who i am. I told him i make a wrong number. He then said in a stern voice

" You should connect the line and tell me that you made a wrong call before cancelling the call."

I stood there for a second, dun know whether to laugh or argue back.

I end apologising to end the dispute.

I mean, isn't it normal to cancel a wrong call before the other party picks up the phone?

it is normal to cancel before the call get thru but the other party thinking it is a missed call feel obliged to call back. you should not begrude him for being fustrated as you started the error.

zekai said:
it is normal to cancel before the call get thru but the other party thinking it is a missed call feel obliged to call back. you should not begrude him for being fustrated as you started the error.

well said. i think in the threadstarter's case, even though it seems that the boyfriend of the lady is in the bad, i think we should also remember the "basic principles" behind apologising instead of saying sorry just because it is expected of us. nowadays, when someone does something wrong, he is expected to apologise, and the person at the opposite end is supposed to accept it gracefully. this expectation of behaviour by both sides sometimes make us forget that in the first place, the person who made the mistake, or who did wrong, is the one who started the problem. an apology is different if it was done out of 1. expectations or 2. because the person really feels apologetic for his mistake.

while the boyfriend is not graceful enough to accept the apology, you shouldn't be too upset with him, as he was just being concerned with his gf, though in an 'ah beng' manner.

i am always careful when i am in a crowded place. if i really knock into someone, i'll feel very apologetic.

In Singapore's shop, everyone that walk thru the door is a thief. In Taiwan & Thailand & US, I don't have this problem.

<Taiwan >

Me: (just walked into the shop)
salesperson : WELCOME. Please take your time to look around
Me: Thank you

when i really need help, just raise my hand. They will walk over to see if they can be of help.

This is not your 5-star shopping mall like Raffles City or Suntec or Hilton Shopping arcade. This is your neighbourhood store.

< US , LA & San Francisco & San Digeo & Las Vegas >
salesperson : Hi there. Please feel free to look around. And if you need me, I will be at that corner (pointing to this table). Is there anything that I can help you with ?
Me: Thank you....

jonlou said:
hahaha... i get that too sometimes. well, some are indeed afraid that u'ld turn out to be a thief. however, some are just sales and service-orientated to serve u lar.. can be quite irritating sometimes when u're shopping but they meant well. :D

jonlou said:
just kindly turn them away with like 'its ok, i'm just browsing around. thanks!'

Worse, they may want to activate their thermal scanner and lie detector and perhaps X-ray machine , becoz I may be lying.... until I flash my pile of cash / gold card...

anyway, unless neccessary, I dun shop in Singapore.

Their 'hardware' is very up-to-date but too bad... not their mind-set and attitude.

Encounter once last yr @ Cheng Du Airport.
We are taking the airport shuttle bus to the airplane and they run like the plane going to flight away w/o them.
Then out of sudden, a lady give a BIG slap on a lady who is just behind her (They are on the bus step). U can see the finger print on her face
Reason: The lady behind (A) carry a BIG bag which I think hit on the leg of the lady in-front (B).

Then, the lady (A) flight back. Then a man come out and help to lady (B). Then the lady (A) question the man why u so k-po. The man say "she is my wife".

Then the lady (B) GF also come in the pic.

So imagine, 2 ladies + 1 man is flighting with the lady (A) who is alone. Oops! forgot to mention, they are inside the bus already.

Then another man (stranger) come in-between them and ask them to stop. Give way to each other.

Guess what the husband say.... "none of ur bussiness, go 1 side"

But finially it's end...
How it end, the bus driver stop the bus, the airport ppl tell them to go down and flight if they don't intend to take the flight.

So... finially end..
But the lady (A) still keep on say... "billy me... think I'm small size, 1 ppl only , billy me... which unit u from. U thought I don't have ppl arrr..."

ai..... :sweat:

another case , just not long ago.
A china lady come to Singapore for business trip and during one of the introduction, my colleauge give the china lady, her name card with HP no.

Guess what, she give the HP No. to her BF @ China w/o informing my colleague. Come on they only meet once.

Then the China BF keep on call her HP, day and night even midnight and question my colleague where is the lady and want my colleague to find that lady for him.

Funny... when did she own them... :sweatsm:

But my colleague heard that this china lady find a rich singaporean male in singapore.... so... guess urself...

How to stop wearing 'color spec' on them.... :rolleyes:

frcfyp said:
well said. i think in the threadstarter's case, even though it seems that the boyfriend of the lady is in the bad, i think we should also remember the "basic principles" behind apologising instead of saying sorry just because it is expected of us. nowadays, when someone does something wrong, he is expected to apologise, and the person at the opposite end is supposed to accept it gracefully. this expectation of behaviour by both sides sometimes make us forget that in the first place, the person who made the mistake, or who did wrong, is the one who started the problem. an apology is different if it was done out of 1. expectations or 2. because the person really feels apologetic for his mistake.

while the boyfriend is not graceful enough to accept the apology, you shouldn't be too upset with him, as he was just being concerned with his gf, though in an 'ah beng' manner.

i am always careful when i am in a crowded place. if i really knock into someone, i'll feel very apologetic.

of course i felt apologetic! given any similar situation, i would have felt as apologetic as this. the best i could do was to apologise of course.

but no, instead of taking it diplomatically - not to mention GRACEFULLY, that rude guy just shot things off his mouth which made him sounded heroic infront of his gf - and the same things that could also bring him trouble if i were to be an uncivilized hooligan onboard that cabin.

being concerned is one thing. he could just whisper it to his gf, am i not right? must he make his 'concern' soooo known to everyone around him and make people start to take interest in being sooo concerned about his situation of me like as though i STABBED HIS GF's leg or something? maybe i should have started to dial 995 and get the ambulance on the tracks before she bleeds to death. :complain:

went to comex to get a nikon cam. at the paying counter this tall gal intentionally or unintentionally push my gf, my gf not happy and say something. this gal later quietly point middle finger with both hand at my gf. I am not aware cos I was paying at the counter until my gf told me. I was very angry and approached the gal, but realise that this gal came with (i think) her uncle and her sister. She dare not look at me but instead her uncle came to talk to me (look like those typical 40 yrs old ah beng type). i got a heat argument with him and the best part is that he said he will do the same (pointing middle finger) if someone knock into him... he said it was ok to do that!!!! no sorry from them...

I was stunt...... :what: I juz walk off and shake my head, went to the nikon gift counter to collect my free gift...

I was very angry at his remark and decided to do something...

We went to look for them and wait for them to walk pass us. When they see us, we just point middle finger back at them since he said it is ok to do that if kanna push/knock... we we juz walk off after that...

ok maybe I am abit uncilvilise but sometime went reasoning cannot work, we have to go down to their level to reason with them..... btw, I was in a very bad mood on that day also....

end of story. :angry:

jonlou said:

hmm. im currently working in the retail service now...

as a customer, i do agree that having someone to tail you while you walk around the shop is annoying, i usually end up leaving the store. :sweat:

as the salesperson, you bo bian have to do that.. but i dont lar. i just go up to them and ask 'can i help?' then if they say 'no' i leave them alone cuz i know how annoying it is to have someone follow me.

but there are some customers who are seriously rude. i asked them if they need help and they totally ignore you!!! i mean, a 'no thanks' wld suffice.. but they just ignore me!!!!!! i find it very rude... :nono:

Bernard Ong said:
There are bound to have this type of people around. Their behaviors is directly linked to their upbringing.

I was once making a phone call and accidentally pressed wrong number. I cancel the call without hearing the voice of the other party. After a short while, this guy called back my handphone and ask who i am. I told him i make a wrong number. He then said in a stern voice

" You should connect the line and tell me that you made a wrong call before cancelling the call."

I stood there for a second, dun know whether to laugh or argue back.

I end apologising to end the dispute.

I mean, isn't it normal to cancel a wrong call before the other party picks up the phone?

may be you did call me :bsmilie:
i will do this also call back and just tell me why cant you connect it and say sorry i made a wrong number ....
i would free better than call .... 5sec ... hang up ....

there were once i receive 2 call then hang up @ 3am !!!
wake me up before i wake up cancel call .... now what
good i have caller ID
call back .... reject my call .... call back again ... reject my call ... so i sms this number and ask who is he and ask if he make a wrong number
he reply say he make a wrong number so i ask him cant you just connect the call and saw sorry or may be could pick my call up and say oh sorry i made a wrong number ... really sorry to wake you up something like that ??? THEN he say sorry ......

jimtong said:
went to comex to get a nikon cam. at the paying counter this tall gal intentionally or unintentionally push my gf, my gf not happy and say something. this gal later quietly point middle finger with both hand at my gf. I am not aware cos I was paying at the counter until my gf told me. I was very angry and approached the gal, but realise that this gal came with (i think) her uncle and her sister. She dare not look at me but instead her uncle came to talk to me (look like those typical 40 yrs old ah beng type). i got a heat argument with him and the best part is that he said he will do the same (pointing middle finger) if someone knock into him... he said it was ok to do that!!!! no sorry from them...

I was stunt...... :what: I juz walk off and shake my head, went to the nikon gift counter to collect my free gift...

I was very angry at his remark and decided to do something...

We went to look for them and wait for them to walk pass us. When they see us, we just point middle finger back at them since he said it is ok to do that if kanna push/knock... we we juz walk off after that...

ok maybe I am abit uncilvilise but sometime went reasoning cannot work, we have to go down to their level to reason with them..... btw, I was in a very bad mood on that day also....

end of story. :angry:

hey, relax lar. no need to argue or get back with such rude assholes. these are just a bunch of morons with bad moral teachings.... dun downgrade ourselves to that kind of moronic level with such idiotic and senseless behaviour with them.

at the mean time, savour ur new nikon cam! :D

Quote of the Day: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

i hate those aunties who try to squeeze onto bus or train w/o letting the ppl out 1st

eric69 said:
Haha.. my own experience. I called the wrong number, looking for "who-who", and the other party said in Hokkien, (without emotion), that the person that I'm looking for was dead, and I can go look for him in hell if urgent". Then he hang up. Damn silly guy.

maybe cos he received so many calls asking for this chap? after so many calls he probably fed up liao :)

AReality said:
Quote of the Day: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

thats deep and i really like it. lets bring the subject down to a lower level shall we? how about a moron? :thumbsup:

i was in funan a month back shopping for a optical mouse... i entered into a newly opened shop because i can still see flower hearses displayed on the entrance. maybe becuase i look like a mainland chinese bloke...the sales person ask if he can help. I said to him that i am looking around. He then startled and followed me two steps behind, adjusting to arrange each and every items that i touched and removed off the shelves.

I got so fat up that i said in a loud voice in front of the customers why he is following me like a ungry dog. Then i laid down my packet economy rice lunch on the floor and open for him. He was too shocked to say anything And i walked out of the shop. i think it was worth the $3 dollar.

Lensman said:
In Singapore's shop, everyone that walk thru the door is a thief. In Taiwan & Thailand & US, I don't have this problem.

<Taiwan >

salesperson : WELCOME. Please take your time to look around
Me: Thank you

when i really need help, just raise my hand. They will walk over to see if they can be of help.

This is not your 5-star shopping mall like Raffles City or Suntec or Hilton Shopping arcade. This is your neighbourhood store.

< US , LA & San Francisco & San Digeo & Las Vegas >
salesperson : Hi there. Please feel free to look around. And if you need me, I will be at that corner (pointing to this table). Is there anything that I can help you with ?
Me: Thank you....

Worse, they may want to activate their thermal scanner and lie detector and perhaps X-ray machine , becoz I may be lying.... until I flash my pile of cash / gold card...

anyway, unless neccessary, I dun shop in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.