Any one know where to buy good Hot Dog in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah plenty of option .. now I know what I plan to do on weekend :D .. how to self-grill sausage from Cold Storage ah .. can just use normal pan and butter?

bangkuangz said:
Woah plenty of option .. now I know what I plan to do on weekend :D .. how to self-grill sausage from Cold Storage ah .. can just use normal pan and butter?

Can also lah. Grill is better. BBQ is best if you get those German pork ones - Cold Storage and NTUC Thomson do have. Warning - very addictive.

tOGGY said:
Can also lah. Grill is better. BBQ is best if you get those German pork ones - Cold Storage and NTUC Thomson do have. Warning - very addictive.
what brand? wanna buy and try. thanks!

Sausage said:
Looking for me?

Heheheh yeah care to be BBQ-ed and shoved in a bun ;) ...

Anyway conduct some test this evening. All bought in Cold Storage
1. Pork sausage (from Pan Pacific): Skin nice and brown once you pan fried. Nice and crounchy, big but a bit sour
2. Ruby Chicken sausage: Got so many blister once you pan fried, nice not so crounchy but very sweet !!!

Will test the Ruby Pork sausage tonight!

.. all pan fried + onion chopped and add a little bit of beer when fried. Add mustard and chilli as needed :heart: .

nemesis32 said:
yeah.. you can try the "Jacksonville's Betta With Chreddar" sausage! It's very yummy and the cheese will melt and oozes out when you bite it! :thumbsup:

It's called Beddar Cheddar. Good boiled, on the grill with bun toasted till crispy. Remember to leave some bun right at the end to dab up the cheddar on your plate that bursts out.

Don't forget to try the Hot Links from the same company too.

I always have a pack of each at home in the freezer.

You'll find these at Cold Storage, but they're cheaper at the Isetan Supermarket.

I'm not the tomato ketchup and mustard kind of person when I do sausages at home. I make my own pineapple or mango salsa. Sacrilege to some hot dog afficianados.

Personally, never liked Viking Hotdogs cause they used fried shallots. Ikea dogs are only cheap and good for a fix. You won't be worse off with Tulip sausages in a can, IMHO.

But, I guess it really depends on your criteria for a good sausage. I like my skins to BURST when I bite on them.

I could do with a hot dog right now. :lovegrin:

OT: The best hot dog I had was in NY. An Italian sausage in a half baguette. It was so big, topped with everything from one of those hotdog stands, they wrapped it in foil. I think I cracked my lips getting my mouth around that one!

locksley said:
there is a stall in chinatown selling Hot dog !!
owned by an ah mo

think is german hot dog .

Got an exact location or not ? My office very near there leh...

ikea's jumbo hotdog pork/beef mix is selling for 2 bucks they got sweet mustard~
and also there is this german deli at b2 of plaza sing that sells nice hot dog with mustard and special ketchup and fried onion...the sausage is spiced pork....that one is sedap! 3.90

bangkuangz said:
2. Ruby Chicken sausage: Got so many blister once you pan fried, nice not so crounchy but very sweet !!!

Will test the Ruby Pork sausage tonight!

.. all pan fried + onion chopped and add a little bit of beer when fried. Add mustard and chilli as needed :heart: .

Ruby Pork sausage?

Buy film+sausage got discount? :bsmilie:

Sausage said:
Shall we organize a trip to the best sausage outlets in Singapore?

Sausage photoshoot :D .. I think we will finish it before we can shoot it :bsmilie:

Lensman said:
Got an exact location or not ? My office very near there leh...
ya leh exact location please .. sound tempting ... :sweatsm:

Drudkh said:
what brand? wanna buy and try. thanks!

Try Jacksonville. It's available at all cold storage and can last longer as it's frozen. My fav is Betta with chreddar! :lovegrin:

sillyme said:
Orange Julius' ones are not bad too

haha sillyme u have a funny avatar that suits this thread very well! :bsmilie:

Aiyoh.. go Lucky Plaza lar. 4th and 5th floor got lots of Filipino shops selling (pork) hotdogs. Raw though so you'll have to heat up a hotdog bun, fry the hotdog a bit, get some mayonaise, slap it on the bun together with the hotdog, sprinkle it with grated or quickmelt cheese.

Voila! The great Fil-Am hotdog-on-the-go. :D

:Later,

nemesis32 said:
yeah.. you can try the "Jacksonville's Betta With Chreddar" sausage! It's very yummy and the cheese will melt and oozes out when you bite it! :thumbsup:

i agree with this hotdog but if i remember it right... it is "Jhonsonville" and not Jacksonville. Anyway, you right with the cheddar as good choice. cost around $10 for 6pcs. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.