Any Mac users here?

i replaced my hdd to a 500gb one on the first day i bought my mbp.. haha!

don't you guys find the mbp heats up damm easily? i had my fan replaced twice from the service center already.. not even 1 year old yet fan spoilt 2 times.. not only the fan, but also the duno what module, which made my mbp unable to shutdown (i.e. when i run shutdown command, it restarts). had to hold the power button to force shutdown!

The PowerBook/MacBook Pro type cases heated more easily because they're so thin and many times, people use them on soft surfaces, blocking the air vents.

I'm using a MacBook now, without air con, and I find that it will heat up to 70 degrees C while playing a game but within seconds will drop into the 50s once finished.

I'm surprised that you've had that much trouble with fans but I'd had one in my PowerBook replaced. It's sad that Apple haven't gotten the new design to work much better with heat.

Haha, another poison apple thread

The PowerBook/MacBook Pro type cases heated more easily because they're so thin and many times, people use them on soft surfaces, blocking the air vents.

I'm using a MacBook now, without air con, and I find that it will heat up to 70 degrees C while playing a game but within seconds will drop into the 50s once finished.

I'm surprised that you've had that much trouble with fans but I'd had one in my PowerBook replaced. It's sad that Apple haven't gotten the new design to work much better with heat.

Reason #1
MBP uses the entire aluminum body as a heat sink. Pros is its more slim, cons is that its harder to dissipate all the heat. On the other hand, I have a Fujitsu, and the fan is on the left... it blows some really hot air when running CPU-intensive stuff onto anything I put on my desk to the left of the computer... very irritating! I think I've come across laptops where the fan is on the right and blows the hot air onto my mouse (even more irritating when you have to touch a hot mouse)! The best is an Acer laptop where the fan is at the back (hopefully I don't have anything at the back of my computer).

Reason #2
another reason why MBP gets so hot when playing games... NVidia/ATI drivers for Mac is not as mature as compared to NVidia/ATI drivers for Windows... you'll get lower frame rates. Improvements are on the way... stay tuned!

Link: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/15...-working-on-improving-mac-gaming-performance/

by the way anything to do with flash will heat up your MBP, until Adobe flash 10.1 for Mac--this flash update is supposed to make use of the graphics cards.

Link: http://www.macrumors.com/2010/08/10...erated-decoding-in-updated-flash-player-10-1/

mbp the exhaust is from the back right? comes out from above the keyboard area.. at least for mine it is.. 2009 13" Intel mbp..

yeah.. and running windows on my mbp is crazily hot hot hot!!

now i know why playing youtube videos make the mbp so hot.. it is based on flash... ;)

For me i install a plugin called click-to-flash for my safari.
it blocks all flash contents by default and you can whitelist flash contents from certain websites if you wish to.
Besides, you will have the option of playing youtube videos using H.264 standard instead of flash which dramatically reduces CPU usage :)

For me i install a plugin called click-to-flash for my safari.
it blocks all flash contents by default and you can whitelist flash contents from certain websites if you wish to.
Besides, you will have the option of playing youtube videos using H.264 standard instead of flash which dramatically reduces CPU usage :)
where to enable this option?

For those using Snow Leopard, there is a graphics performance update available in Software Update that you'll likely find helpful, especially after 10.6.4 ruined performance on some machines.
cool! donwloading now!