Any charger to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Argh...my dad spoilt my Oly quick charger and I have to look for one alternative fast, running out of batteries soon :cry:

Anyone can recommend a good fast charger that's not to exp like the Oly one?

How about the Sony 1 hr charger?

Lastly, can a Ni-CD charger charge Ni-MH batteries? (My guess is not?)

Thanks for any help!

Originally posted by Blitz
Argh...my dad spoilt my Oly quick charger and I have to look for one alternative fast, running out of batteries soon :cry:

Thanks for any help!

How abt MW4798 at Mustafa? Charges 4 1600mAH in about 5 hours.

Sony 1 hour charger is not a 1 hour charger.

Ni-CD charger cannot charge NiMH.

Originally posted by Blitz

Thanks for any help!

ask ur dad to replace the Oly quick charger :D since he spoilt it ... so far I find tt it is the best charger I ever use ....

i am also looking for that Rayovac charger... where can i get it?

http://www.rayovac.com/products/recharge/recharge.shtml

and erm... whats the estimated pricing? its a really impressive product... being able to charge all 3 types of batteries! (i hope it can handle the 1800mAh types rite?)

Blitz, if you are going down to mustafa, let me know. I wants to go down to check out the price for Sony batteries.

but you might be going w3cube instead cos it will be nearer for you. see how. you call me. :)

Originally posted by ckiang
Rayovac 1hr charger. :)

Regards
CK

Carrefour is selling it at $55....dun need to go paya lebar to find the ulu wcube...

anyway, if you wanna charge NiCD, suggest you use GP smart charger (1 hour charger)...got it from MO at $70...Carrefour selling at $80...

no doubt oly charger is good...but it's too slow compared to 4 hours charger..

i found out their having some sorta promo @ w3cube. The Rayovac 1hr charger & 4 pcs of Sanyo 1600mAh battries for $60.

Originally posted by ckiang
Rayovac 1hr charger. :)

Regards
CK

Is this a smart charger?
It is bundled with 2 Rayovac 1600maH AA NiMH Batteries and 4 Sanyo 1850mAh NiMH Batteries.
So does the charger charge the Sanyo to their maximum capacity of 1850mAH?
Is it like the Sony 1 hour charger which is time based?

Thanks

so far GPSmart 1 hrs truely charge any Mah below 1800 in 1 hrs or less, best its is auto power cut off (lid off when batt is fully charge or even when it doesnt need to be charge) and its is 4x1800 in 1 hrs, tested with 1700 1600 1300 nicd and NiMh all this charge within 1 hrs no matter 1 pcs or 2 or 3 or even 4, also tested with 2 AA 2 AAA still maintain the standard of 1 hrs charges, Rayovac doesnt charge any Mah nimh or nicd in 1 hrs, especially when it come to more then 1 or 2 batt charge in the same time
1 best feature abt the smart charger is wif the auto power cut off, even when other batt is chargeing it wont effect those already done, meaining the temp of the batt which already charge will cool down instead of the heat on the batt carry on.
the only prob wif this charge, u can say is the adaptor which is heavy and bulky, but hey, i tested wif oher adaptor every thing goes fine, which is lighter and portable.

hi sunyee,

strange, i used the Rayovac with 4 Rayovac 1600mAh batts. took less than 1 hr - probably coz these were fresh batts. after the batts were charged, the indicator LEDs for EACH batt switched off. yes the batts do get pretty hot, but i expect most 1 hr chargers exhibit similar traits.

will feedback on the 1850mAh sanyo charge timing. but im sure the regulars would know better than me.

btw how would we be able to check if a rechargable battery is fully charged? (aside from putting it back into a charger till the charger stops)

Originally posted by Tony

Is this a smart charger?
It is bundled with 2 Rayovac 1600maH AA NiMH Batteries and 4 Sanyo 1850mAh NiMH Batteries.
So does the charger charge the Sanyo to their maximum capacity of 1850mAH?
Is it like the Sony 1 hour charger which is time based?

Thanks

Rayovac is a smart charger, no problems handling 1850mAH batteries - I tried. :) Obviously, the 1850mAH will take a bit longer to charge than 1600mAH batteries.

Regards
CK

OT: if you're not going to use the batteries for say a couple of months, how do you store them.

(1) fully discharge them, then store
(2) leave whatever charge is in them then store

also do you have to take them out to charge them say every month even if unused...? (referring to batteries that have been used b4)

don't fully discharge and store for months. if you do so, the batteries might never work again.

Anyone using the sanyo charger? Know if it's a timer based, -dV or intelligent charger?

(it's the charger that cost around $35 at AP that comes with 4 1700mah sanyo batts)

i highly recommend rayovac! i got my at about S$80... now only 50++ go and grab this thing.

really charges in about 1 hour, my tests show 55min(discharged till camera unable to use) to 1h 7min(fully discharged by tap light)

If you don't need that fast charger (1 hour), then the MW4798 is a good buy. Some shops still selling this at S$28 (previous promotion price). Mustafa selling at S$40.

It has trickle charge, NiCd and NiMh compatible (no switch), car adaptor compatible, discharge feature, and deep charges (charge and discharge 3 times automatically ~ warning...only for reconditioning NiCd batteries).

I do find there are two version of MW4798. One has deep charge, one no.

Woah...been too busy lately so haven't step in...

Thanks for all the useful replies guys...

Yeah charger is spoilt but can't possibly ask me dad to pay me ah haha

Guess I will settle for the Rayvonac charger then since so many recommendations. Will try to rush down to Carrefour quick....I have not taken any pictures since a week! :cry:

I had been using the Maha MH-C204F for more than a year and very happy with it. Fully charge a pair of 1600mAh batteries in about 3 hours and come with a conditioning function to 'exercise' the batteries.

Check out this charger at:
http://www.mahaenergy.com/products/PowerEx/Digicams/mhc204f.htm

I saw the Rayovac 1hr charger at Carrefour. It's too bulky to my liking. The transformer itself is heavier that the MH-C204F.

When I wanted to buy it, no one carry it in S'pore and I order from US. Now, I'm not very sure. If you're going to get it from US, make sure you order the U.K adapter for use in S'pore.

I paid about S$85 for the charger, 4 1600maH NiMH batteries and shipping then.

Status
Not open for further replies.