Another "Sorry, sorry, sorry" case

wah now MRT , Gay and company also kenna drag in...

"sorry sorry sorry" has never been the end of these cases .... justice has been served and will continue to be served

Last edited:
wah now MRT , Gay and company also kenna drag in...

"sorry sorry sorry" has never been the end of these cases .... justice has been served and will continue to be served

......best served with butter ......... bua gu yew ......... :bsmilie:

We are not talking about corruption in particular.

What we are saying is that the same "sorry, sorry, sorry" approach is used for anything bad happened eg bus overturned killing innocence, cracks found in MRT tracks etc etc. and then said they will do better next time.

One might believe what they say the first or second time. But if this continue for a lot of subsequent repeated mistakes, then something is obviously wrong.

You mean you want to wait till there is a real MRT derail with mass casualties?? before you can wake up??

So... what next after a few time of sorry ??

Chop one joint of your last finger like the Japanese Yakuza... or should one commit Seppuku... Or do you think if someone is to resigned... things will solved itself ?? :think:

So... what next after a few time of sorry ??

Chop one joint of your last finger like the Japanese Yakuza... or should one commit Seppuku... Or do you think if someone is to resigned... things will solved itself ?? :think:

brother cool down..

in other places, people will have to go (resign), but here i think most do not think they need to resign... which is someting beyond me, i think i am too stupid to understand.. in my job, i have to face being fired if i did something very wrong.. so perhaps something is wrong with my company also..

resign or not resign is not to solve the problem, but to show how one threat the matter, whether one is sincere or not.. whether one threat it seriously enough... else it looks like children playing games..

One should also examine the ideology that drives this "resign when got problem" trend, most commonly seen in Japan. A common criticism is that unfair comparisons are drawn to overseas, well, worth some time to self-reflect too.

A decent article on Japan worth reading, cheers.

Why Do Japanese Prime Ministers Keep Resigning? - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

At some point, government officials must be allowed to do what they think is right, not merely what is popular, if that government is to function. But whoever succeeds Kan, knowing that a dip in approval would mean widespread expectations of resignation, will feel pressured to maintain day-to-day popularity at all costs. Japan's problems are too vast, and its strengths too great, to be ruled by something as capricious and frivolous as the whims of the majority.

brother cool down..

in other places, people will have to go (resign), but here i think most do not think they need to resign... which is someting beyond me, i think i am too stupid to understand.. in my job, i have to face being fired if i did something very wrong.. so perhaps something is wrong with my company also..

resign or not resign is not to solve the problem, but to show how one threat the matter, whether one is sincere or not.. whether one threat it seriously enough... else it looks like children playing games..

The problem here is some S'porean has a bone to pick with a certain political party... Said sorry, cannot... don't said sorry, cannot... Its basically Damn If You Do... Damn If You Don't. Already got post here saying a certain party "meddling in something so trivial and making a fuss over it" when a certain Opp party is involved... but NOT the other way around when the Opp party endlessly fuss/hype over certain issue from the other party...

I don't care if its P*P or WP... you found someone doing wrong, arrest, charged... and go court for judgement based on our law. Sorry or no sorry is basically a formality to me... nothing more nothing less. Catching and Charging the one who did wrong, no matter how high he/she is in society is all that matters to me. Not interested to 'pick bones' with either the Left or the Right... :think:

One should also examine the ideology that drives this "resign when got problem" trend, most commonly seen in Japan. A common criticism is that unfair comparisons are drawn to overseas, well, worth some time to self-reflect too.

A decent article on Japan worth reading, cheers.

Why Do Japanese Prime Ministers Keep Resigning? - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

how about cutting salary ? definitely need to do someting.. else no one borders..

Maybe not resign but being fire? Than no more privilege (no sure there is) during investigation?

The problem here is some S'porean has a bone to pick with a certain political party... Said sorry, cannot... don't said sorry, cannot... Its basically Damn If You Do... Damn If You Don't. Already got post here saying a certain party "meddling in something so trivial and making a fuss over it" when a certain Opp party is involved... but NOT the other way around when the Opp party endlessly fuss/hype over certain issue from the other party...

I don't care if its P*P or WP... you found someone doing wrong, arrest, charged... and go court for judgement based on our law. Sorry or no sorry is basically a formality to me... nothing more nothing less. Catching and Charging the one who did wrong, no matter how high he/she is in society is all that matters to me. Not interested to 'pick bones' with either the Left or the Right... :think:

hmm.. i guess perhaps u read too fast, I think TS mean he is not happy that they get away with just saying sorry.. :)

anyway cheers.. be happy .. weekend coming

brother cool down..

It may also act as a deterrence for those to think twice before they act. not?

It may also act as a deterrence for those to think twice before they act. not?

the head will also be more stringent .. he will make sure company under him dun play dirty.. it helps to prevent things from happening.. top down approach lah..

how about cutting salary ? definitely need to do someting.. else no one borders..

I don't think it is a case of nonchalence, but rather a different approach is taken.

Personally, I don't think there is much point in acts of resignation. You can talk about sincerity, accountability - at the end of the day, is that really what resignation is about? Imho, resignations should be reserved for the deeper problems (e.g. widespread corruption within an organization, or serious oversight resulting in loss of life). Like it or not, it is fundamentally nothing more than a public gesture. If I screw up once, but resign and get another job elsewhere, how am I being penalized?

Anyways, my point is only about resignation, because I am quite puzzled whenever I see mention of resignation as a potential response to mistakes. In some cases the head of the organization could have in no way influenced the outcome of things. There has to be a balance in approaching controls and checks - when you add in more and more of these, it becomes increasingly difficult for anything to move (read: red tape). You don't necessarily come up tops by checking and checking and checking.

You and I know that talking about salaries (while admittedly relevant) will more likely than not result in the digging up an old dead horse to whip and there have been ample discussions on this in the past, so let's not waste time and breath on that. Cheers.

Last edited:
I don't think it is a case of nonchalence, but rather a different approach is taken.

Personally, I don't think there is much point in acts of resignation. You can talk about sincerity, accountability - at the end of the day, is that really what resignation is about? Imho, resignations should be reserved for the deeper problems (e.g. widespread corruption within an organization, or serious oversight resulting in loss of life). Like it or not, it is fundamentally nothing more than a public gesture. If I screw up once, but resign and get another job elsewhere, how am I being penalized?

Anyways, my point is only about resignation, because I am quite puzzled whenever I see mention of resignation as a potential response to mistakes. In some cases the head of the organization could have in no way influenced the outcome of things. There is a thin fine line in controls and checks - when you add in more and more of these, it becomes increasingly difficult for anything to move (read: red tape). You don't necessarily come up tops by checking and checking and checking.

You and I know that talking about salaries (while admittedly relevant) will more likely than not result in the digging up an old dead horse to whip and there have been ample discussions on this in the past, so let's not waste time and breath on that. Cheers.

"Deeper problems" how about one that affects national security eg escape of a terrorist from a well guarded prison?

Resignation = loss of income + loss of pension = DETERRENCE ! as simple as that. LOL

Or should i say Fired = loss of income + loss of pension = DETERRENCE !

Or should i say Fired = loss of income + loss of pension = DETERRENCE !

Does Civil Servant still have pension ?? Thought no more for a long time already... unless you are one of those from the very early batch... :think:

Anyways, my point is only about resignation, because I am quite puzzled whenever I see mention of resignation as a potential response to mistakes. In some cases the head of the organization could have in no way influenced the outcome of things. There has to be a balance in approaching controls and checks - when you add in more and more of these, it becomes increasingly difficult for anything to move (read: red tape). You don't necessarily come up tops by checking and checking and checking.

ya, true also... but i believe in the past, for some cases, resignation should have happened.. cheers too :)

Does Civil Servant still have pension ?? Thought no more for a long time already... unless you are one of those from the very early batch... :think:

At that time, one particular person may still has his pension at stake. LOLLL