Another newbie learning to take food photos (+ food reviews)

went to tampines round market...

had the YTF there after reading about it...

not bad but nothing special about the YTF... seems like standard stuff....

also i asked for thick beehoon ended up thin and thick beehoon are in the mix...

overall ratings: 4/5...

regards,
wacky

also... at the store next to the YTF store... i tried the tao suan there...

it's not bad... the tau suan here blends into the soup and the taste almost merges into it... but i'm not tau suan fan and this one is not something that could change my idea of tau suan...

ratings: 4/5...

p.s. anyway my photos may be getting less frequent... cos will get busy soon and also getting lesser food to try....

regards,
wacky

Last edited:
had always wanted to try this oyster omelette @ blk 22 toa payoh lor 7..

i love the tangy chilli which is very powerful... the oysters are large and yummy... the oyster omelette is not too starchy and crispy... one of the best i've eaten... 4.6/5...

This stall is one of my favorite, really love the crispness and texture of the starchy bits and the eggs :heart:
Ah Chuan was in the list of Makansutra Hawker Legends many years ago and it's fortunate the standard and quality of the oyster omelette is retained till today :thumbsup:

sorry... had been rather lazy recently to upload photos... so here's a WHOLE LOT of em...

the amazing grace sunday brunch @ oscars conrad...

there are 5 types of oysters in total...

regards,
wacky

Last edited:

regards,
wacky

regards,
wacky

the ala-carte menu...

butter poached lobster...

seafood chowder... loved the rich flavour... which strongly tastes like lobster bisque...

regards,
wacky

Last edited:

braised wagyu short-rib... tender but not spectacular...

baked cod fish...

regards,
wacky

twice cooked pork belly... it looks nicer den it tastes... really it's WAAAY too hard... the skin is like rock... meat is not tender and is rather bland... 1.5/5 for this...

pan-seared goose liver... a bit on the sweet side to me... so not that great...

regards,
wacky

time for dessert...! the cakes are pretty good...

regards,
wacky

last of the desserts...

i'll not make ratings individually for each item cos too many liao... i'll just give an overall ratings of the food..

desserts wise 4.25/5... with exception like the tiramisu which doesn't not taste a single bit like tiramisu (i wonder if they labelled correctly??) ... which scores a mere 2.5/5...
food wise 4/5... with some exceptions like the mentioned pork belly scores a miserable 1.5/5... the foei gras is only 3/5...
overall ratings: 4/5...

regards,
wacky

seng kee bak kut teh @ chong boon food centre...

i love the peppery soup here...

ratings: 4/5...

regards,
wacky

some more bak kut teh... located at coffee shop beside aljunied MRT... i can't believed i stayed in the east for so long and never been here to eat..!

the soup is yummy with good herbal taste... and plenty of ingredients... i love the mushrooms in it...

the salted veg is only $1 and the quantity is alot...!!

overall ratings: 4.5/5...

regards,
wacky

carrot cake @ eunos crescent market...

white version.. i generally prefer white carrot cake over black... this white carrot cake is average good...

and black... the black carrot is better den many i've eaten b4.... so while i prefer white carrot cake in general... i find that the white and black here i liked them equally...

overall ratings... 4/5...

regards,
wacky

@ tampines round market...

had the pork rib noodles as basically just about everyone is eating this...

oh man the pork rib is oh sooooo tender and flavorful.....!! best pork ribs i've eaten...!!

the watermelon dessert is like a smaller version of the watermelon dessert @ xue hua fei at bedok interchange hawker centre... it's very nice and refreshing too... perfect for a hot day...!

ratings... pork ribs alone... 5/5.... overall for pork ribs noodles... 4.75/5...
watermelon dessert... 4.5/5...

regards,
wacky

Last edited:
hong kee beef noodles @ amoy street food centre...

apart from tender beef... other than that nothing much impressive about the beef noodles here... taste-wise could have been stronger...

overall ratings: 3.75/5...

regards,
wacky

had desserts on the 2nd floor of amoy street food centre after the noodles... the uncle is actually closing liao but he turned on the lights to let me photograph...

and as i'm the last customer for the day and ordered the last mango pomelo dessert... the uncle gave me whatever that's left... that's a whopping lot of ingredients... it's shiokolicous for $2.50...!! very satisfying..!!

ratings: 4.6/5...

regards,
wacky

there is this nice muffin store near my house @ blk 128 bedok north street 2... some time ago i ate once and didn't thought of it much then.... and only until recently i revisited it and bought couple of muffins and i felt that it was pretty good...

oh man... they are good... soft and fragrant.... at only $1.20 each...

so much so that i went back again and bought more the following week.... that's $6.60 for 6...

overall ratings: 4.25/5...

regards,
wacky

and then compared to the famous muffins @ shunfu... these are even better...!! it's been a loooooooooong time since i last ate the muffins here... already forgotten how it tasted like until a revisit recently after eating froz bakery muffins...

these are nicer tastier and bigger in size than froz bakery... and at $1.20-$1.40 is really value for $$$...!

overall ratings: 4.6/5...

regards,
wacky

finally tried the famous roast meats @ shunfu... especially loved the roast meat... where the skin is fragrant and crispy... the char siew is nice also... would be better if got more gravy...

overall ratings: 4.5/5...

regards,
wacky