Another Crab (crap?) photo (Manado Feb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTan

Mar 10, 2004
Would this be a crab photo or a crap photo? Having mixed feelings about it. If i can't be entirely proud of it, it shd be the latter right?

040221_2202.jpg

Comments and critiques please. Tell me what's wrong with it? (or what's not wrong) Thanks! :D

DonT,
This is a crab, you see them moving around for food. Some times them have a big sponge on their back, pretend to be a pc of sponge when this predator around. Not too bad a photo for a start. With a framer choose a subject that is not too big for it, tho you would like to take it when you see something cute. Safe your film for better subject. This crab can grab your framer & wouldn't let go.......careful.

DTan said:
Would this be a crab photo or a crap photo? Having mixed feelings about it. If i can't be entirely proud of it, it shd be the latter right?

040221_2202.jpg

Comments and critiques please. Tell me what's wrong with it? (or what's not wrong) Thanks! :D

My personal perference will be either taking the picture further away for a better view of the environment or taking the picture even nearer, a macro of the facial feature maybe...

Nothing wrong with your photo thou, the lighting is outstanding if you had want it that way...

my 2 cts

Oceanicasia said:
DonT,
This is a crab, you see them moving around for food. Some times them have a big sponge on their back, pretend to be a pc of sponge when this predator around. Not too bad a photo for a start. With a framer choose a subject that is not too big for it, tho you would like to take it when you see something cute. Safe your film for better subject. This crab can grab your framer & wouldn't let go.......careful.

does anyone understand this guy? cause i most certainly do not...
:bsmilie:

Thanks eric for your comments.

Just to clarify, i was using a sea&sea (film based) and macro lens thus the FRAMER.

LiOnElLiN said:
he's like telling some mother goose story! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hmmm.... not really...
you need to understand the living habits of sea creatures to take good pictures.... last thing you want to do is taking a Super Macro picture of a mantis shrimp

oh that is a very nice shot.. thats a sponge crab if im not wrong..

it runs very fast. :( didn't get a good shot the other time i saw it

LiOnElLiN said:
he's like telling some mother goose story! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:nono: :nono: no OT hee.. concentrate on sharing yr views on the topic..

everyone juz wish to share.. ;p

:D :D

wellwell... juz feel that its a pity the "eyes" are out of focus...
hmm thinking for me maybe i 'll do a side portrait shot of this model..
for a better constrast and shadow casting.. ;p

sorry if I sound too critical...but here goes...

Personally thinks that the shot would have been better if the entire crab can be seen.. the lighting kind of make it diffcult to tell...

The pic does not seems to do much justic to the crab coz the "sponge" part and the claws are not quite visible...the eyes are too small...

I juz wondering if it would help if u are able take from an angle that can show more of crab..(hmm dunno if u understand or not)

hi gildow, don't worry about critical. it's good. I'm having mixed feelings because i also feel that it's a pity that the whole crab isn't seen and the eyes aren't dead sharp. However i was wondering whether this pic is still usable...
And frankly, before i took this pic and after, i didn't know what type of crab it is. sponge or not, i also dunno what type of crab this is until u said there is a SPONGE part. :embrass: (i was kinda confused when everyone said this is a sponge crab. i didn't konw why. is it cuz they 'carry' along sponges?)

DTan said:
hi gildow, don't worry about critical. it's good. I'm having mixed feelings because i also feel that it's a pity that the whole crab isn't seen and the eyes aren't dead sharp. However i was wondering whether this pic is still usable...
And frankly, before i took this pic and after, i didn't know what type of crab it is. sponge or not, i also dunno what type of crab this is until u said there is a SPONGE part. :embrass: (i was kinda confused when everyone said this is a sponge crab. i didn't konw why. is it cuz they 'carry' along sponges?)

Actually the picture is very usable...except for the fact that there's lots of back scat. especially around the shadow..(bottom and back). The eyes y can try to sharpening it using PS....juz a thought.

and i THINK you are right...coz they carry along sponges to camoflage themself.

Status
Not open for further replies.