An evening sky

e69087

Aug 17, 2005
Northern Singapore
Image00102.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Any form of critique & comment is welcome.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To improve my sunset scene shot.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)?
Handheld with a Fuji x10 camera.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I’m not sure whether to include more of the shipyard cranes located below the photo or as it is in this shot? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

the clouds are in a wonderful shape, very interesting with lots of curves =)

Sunset to me should include more of the sky with the orange-glow at time, but ur shot only have a small portion of the clouds in that colour.
If possible get a wider view of the entire crane, and also the setting sun in the pic to make it a "sunset" shot, this pic is more like a "crane" shot to me =)

Noob comment please dont zham me ! hehe

I agree with XavierShoot.
Is it possible, that the cranes aren't sharp?
Jan

would have preferred not to cut away the top of the middle crane...nice cloud and colour.
8023129384_e69abff563_o.jpg

Thanks for the input.
The sunset on that day wasn’t good. Even if it is good, the sun could be block by the shipyard buildings.
On that day, the fading sun rays were shining on the cloud.
As for sharpness, it looks fine on my laptop. Someone also commented the sharpness of my other posted photo (a wild cat). I’m not sure, maybe I need to work on this issue. I hope it’s not b’cos of the D800/D800E syndrome. Haha, just kidding.
Here’s another take of the scene.

An_evening_sky_2.jpg

Both pics framing are too tight. lots of distraction factor in the pic. Crop off the bottom, too little on this sky, crop off the left, the red sun set missing framing become unbalance. I think you would explora more on the right side and see recompose the shoots with different angle. If possible, maybe you can try using a vertical shoot.