An Ehtiopian Adventure with M240

I would be also interested in your itinerary. If you don't mind sharing, maybe this can be public information?

I did the Northern Ethiopian trip in 10 days. The main places I visited included Hafar, a walled city that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. From here we travelled into the Afar region and visited the Danakil Depression, Erta Ale and Dallol. Then we head towards Lalibela, a small town famous for its rock cut churches and finally back to Addis Ababa. If you are interested in tribal cultures, then go to the south. But that trip is another 10 days and most likely involved camping in the bush. I have pm'ed you contact details in Addis Ababa.

I did the Northern Ethiopian trip in 10 days. The main places I visited included Hafar, a walled city that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. From here we travelled into the Afar region and visited the Danakil Depression, Erta Ale and Dallol. Then we head towards Lalibela, a small town famous for its rock cut churches and finally back to Addis Ababa. If you are interested in tribal cultures, then go to the south. But that trip is another 10 days and most likely involved camping in the bush. I have pm'ed you contact details in Addis Ababa.

Thanks! Appreciate it :)

Thanks for the reply nsng!

The trip was organized by Photosafari, based in Malaysia. But I would change the itinerary as there was too much time on the road.
For Danakil, the best time to go is between Oct-February, when it is 'cooler'. There is no hotel accommodation and you will have to sleep out in the open air. The campsite is very basic and spartan. I will pm you the email of the local guide in Addis Ababa. Good luck

very nice series!

Thanks wongsan and daredevil123. I just got back from a trip to the Silk Road. Not as adventurous as the Ethiopian trip, but fascinating as well.

Awesome series! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for your Silk Road series. :)

Nice series and some really great images.

Any particular reason that more than 50% of the images are from the Sony? Simply a case of a more hassle free hardware? Auto Focus? Just curious to know.

Cheers,