Am I the only one...

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
... whose eyes water at the "bro" spam on CS these days? o_O

Why have we suddenly gone increasingly sibling friendly?

I could vaguely understand and happily tolerate the occasional "bro" in place of a name, but suddenly we seem to have turned into a religious seminary with bro A, bro B, bro C et al.

(no menace intended at all in these questions please, ie I'm not having a go at you if you're one of those that uses it, I'm just trying to find out if anyone else feels the same way I do or if I'm just hopelessly out of touch)

lao heiah. LOL.

The good-hearted and kind moderator,

So far as you're the moderator, you can set the tone to discourage such practice. Anything you frown on all members and senior members will get the hint.

Likewise in the ancient dragon court all eunuchs would have cut off their pigtails if the lord moderator didn't take pleasure to it.

Kowtow!
A humble member of low order

bow. i'm japanese. LOL.

ok, i will change it to "mate" :bsmilie:

See, that's why I included the bit about occasionally "in place of a name". I do use the word "mate", I type it less, and generally only in private correspondence and not in public.

But I don't go "mate night86mare", "mate Sion", and "mate allenleonhart". On the other hand, I have seen threads with "bro night86mare", "bro Sion" and "bro allenleonhart"... makes me want to register the nick "bro" just to see how that'll turn out.

And erm, I'm posting this totally in a non-official capacity o_O

See, that's why I included the bit about occasionally "in place of a name". I do use the word "mate", I type it less, and generally only in private correspondence and not in public.

But I don't go "mate night86mare", "mate Sion", and "mate allenleonhart". On the other hand, I have seen threads with "bro night86mare", "bro Sion" and "bro allenleonhart"... makes me want to register the nick "bro" just to see how that'll turn out.

And erm, I'm posting this totally in a non-official capacity o_O

oh yeah, i never read that part.

i have been called pro bro nightmare 86. :(

is "hey dude" better?

thank you brother jed :angel:

I got it first time, ofc >.<

See there are people here who'll go, "don't call me mate, I'm not your mate". But it's better than calling someone who isn't your brother, your brother, surely.

I got it first time, ofc >.<

See there are people here who'll go, "don't call me mate, I'm not your mate". But it's better than calling someone who isn't your brother, your brother, surely.

must have been watching too much mr.brown :bsmilie:

perhaps the reason for the excessive use of "bro" is cs is one big happy family.